My hair was murdered by Bioterra Curl Creme

The MopThe Mop Posts: 86Registered Users
I just want some sympathy!!!!!!! My hair looks like POO!!!

My new found spirals are all gone. Chunks of my hair are stick straight. It's all flat and mashed to my head. I put it up in a clippee hoping to camouflage the tragic event but it didn't help. I've never had this much frizz in my life. What in the heck!?!

I put BRHG over it, plopped, and diffused. Oh the agony!! My dog won't even snuggle with me!!:sad2:

I look like a.....a.......I look like I grew a third leg out of my head or something. Oh, this is bad.....

Suggestions on how to possibly try this product again with better results?? I raked it in. Do you think scrunching it in might help?
My hair is insane, porous, fine, thick/dense, 2C/3A depending on the humidity that day.
shampoo: L'Oreal Sulfate free stuff sometimes
co-wash: Suave Naturals coconut
condish: GVP conditioning balm
leave in: Will try Tresemme Naturals volume (as if I need volume)
products:
honey, FOTE AVG=my HG, Noodle Head mousse, HETT

Comments

• pilateschickpilateschick Posts: 222Registered Users
    I have not tried Bioterra Curl Creme. But I am so sorry :sad1:Poo hair is a miserable! For what it is worth, with some products I have to scrunch, raking turns me into medusa string looking sherpa chick. I have definitely had better luck avoiding crap hair days using more natural products.
    One of the most economical that I have found is Sister Smith's West Set Hair Pudding. It lasts a long time and Brown sugar smells wonderful.

http://curlsbysisterssmith.com/moisturizers.aspx
    modified CG, since January 09
    As I am Coconut Cowash, low poo. Clarify once a month
    RO: Elucence moisture Bal.
    DT: CJ Rehab
    LI: Marie Dean Red Clover honey (in low dews only)
    Jelly/Gelly products: As I am curl enhancing jelly-near HG status
    KCCC- Classic but fickle

HGs: Aloe Fix alone or over Boots Curl Cream

PJ cabinet full of failed combos
  • CurlsCareCurlsCare Posts: 9Registered Users
    I'm totally with you. I got Bioterra curl cream 2 weeks back from Sally's, and was quite excited. I also tried it on my hair, and did'nt diffuse, just let oit air dry. Never has my hair had this amount of frizz before. They also looked very dry.....did not like it at all, and prob will never use it again. And come to think of it, its not exactly cheap also. So was bummed big time. Any way I have ordered aloe vera gel from Green people, have to see how that turns out, keeping my hopes high...:thumbup:
  • finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    I think you posted on the thread about this junk in product reviews, right? I feel your pain, this stuff is total worthless crap, IMO. I gave it 3 tries just to be sure, and it totally fried my hair. Ugh. It's JUNK. :angry2: I wish I still had the receipt from when I bought it 'cause I would take that crap back to Sally's PRONTO.
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

• The MopThe Mop Posts: 86Registered Users
    I dug the receipt out of the trash. It has some soy sauce on it, but I don't care. I'm taking this stuff back.
    My hair is insane, porous, fine, thick/dense, 2C/3A depending on the humidity that day.
    products:

• pinkapaloozapinkapalooza Posts: 54Registered Users
    I completely feel you guys on this one. The product is disgusting. Made my hair feel gross and.. well just gross. I eve tried it three times and still no luck. It makes my curls a tad more curlier but not worth how it makes my hair feel. I gave it to my sister ;) I also get a similar result after using K-pak. I wonder if they have something similar in it?
    Medium/Coarse, Thick, Medium Porosity, 3B Hair
    Wash: Suave Daily Clarifying- once a month
    Co-wash: Vo5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: 50:50 co-wash & Honey
    Leave-in: Vo5
    Gel: LaBella Level 10 hold

ACV rinses weekly
    Pixie curling & air drying

Like to play with new products!

• neekie5235neekie5235 Posts: 101Registered Users
    hahaha the lady from sallys was trying to get me to buy this stuff last week. i put some in my hand and knew right away it would work for me. i'm actually using sallys generic biolage cond balm as a leave in, i love it but it might be too heavy for type 2 hair (i'mma 3b'ish)

i'm sorry this stuff made you so sad though, i know the feeling though
    3b
    medium coarse
    BSL
    last relaxer 07/2006
    some heat damage :sad5:

still looking for good affordable products. Any tips are welcomed :happy7:
  • SpiralliSpiralli Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mop, I'm glad you found the receipt and are returning it! If you bought it recently and it obviously wasn't used much, I would think that Sally's would take back their own line of products anyway.

Thanks for the posts in this thread. I am going to stay away from this product.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • The MopThe Mop Posts: 86Registered Users
    Well as bad as that stuff was, the FOTE AVG seems to be just as good. I'll for sure need a gel over it though, so I'm going to see if Sally's will let me exchange the evil curl creme for the bioterra gel, which I think will work for me. :)

I thought I was going to have to break down and use shampoo to get that nasty stuff out of my hair, but with enough scrubbing, it finally came out. Yuck. Now I'm scared of cremes!
    products:

• finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    curls2grow wrote: »
    Mop, I'm glad you found the receipt and are returning it! If you bought it recently and it obviously wasn't used much, I would think that Sally's would take back their own line of products anyway.

Thanks for the posts in this thread. I am going to stay away from this product.
    Maybe I'll try to return mine and exchange it for something good, like GVP co balm.
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file