To those with any of the B.E. Meet the Whatever sets

internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
How long do they last? I have seen people selling samples sizes which say they are good for around 30 applications, and am thinking of ordering the browns, plums, and greens in sample sizes. I think they would last me quite a long time since I don't get dolled up everyday, and this way I could more easily afford to have those sets.

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    I'm mostly a weekend makeup wearer. I've had eye sample sets last a year.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    I'm mostly a weekend makeup wearer. I've had eye sample sets last a year.

That's good to know! I know you use so little since it is just your eyes, so I was hoping that having a few sets would last me quite awhile. I wear make-up a few days a week, sometime I can go all week without it. Of course, once I get used to using all the B.E. stuff I might have to purty myself up more regularly :lol:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    Of course, once I get used to using all the B.E. stuff I might have to purty myself up more regularly :lol:

HAHAHAH! That's true. If I get something new, I'll wear it more often, but all in all, I'm too lazy to bother with it every day - except for mascara, I need that.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Registered Users Posts: 678
    I'm not sure how big the pots are in a sample set.

I know that a full size container of the foundation powder lasts me a year and I use it almost every day.

The regular size pots of the eye shadows I've had for at least two year but I don't use eye shadows everyday. You only need to use a very, very tiny amount. They just don't seem to have "staying power" on my lids, even when I use a primer.
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
    The sample pots say 1/8 of a teaspoon of each color. Does putting mineral veil over it help?
    Gosh, 1/8 of a teaspoon sure doesn't sound like much but if the price is right I think you should give them a try. BE eye colors are beautiful.

Minereal veil is a cool product. It really absorbs shine all over the face.

<Internetchick - I should add that I don't plan on buying BE anymore. I prefer the look and packaging of Physician's Formula mineral foundation and the "normal" pressed eye shadows. I just don't want to discourage YOU from trying BE if you want to. They are good products.>
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
    I have some B.E. products and like them very much, I just haven't tried the eyeshadows. I tried Physician's formula with no luck :( I even tried the L'ORÉAL mineral make-up and it settled into every little nook and cranny in my face and I looked like I aged 10 years! I have über sensitive skin, so the B.E. is worth the price to me. I hate acne :evil:

ETA: The samples were $9.99 for a 1/8 tsp of each color. Have you seen Alima minerals? I was thinking of trying some of their stuff since it is less spendy than B.E.
    I just got back from Costco and bought a quad set of Borghese eyeshadows that come with a primer. I'm hoping to use the primer with my BE shadows as well.

Oh...BTW, there are a couple of BE eyeshadows that I actually use a blush because the colors are neutral! That is one nice thing about BE - it's flexible.

I've not heard of Alima minerals. On Craigslist I've heard RAVES about Jane Iredale minerals but that line is really expensive.
    3B/3C
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Registered Users Posts: 159
    internetchick i just bought meet the browns and only used it once so far so i cant give u a good answer but if it helps a little bit of powder really went a long way with it so i think it will last a whike..my foundation which i bought in may still seems to have like 80% in it and i use it every day also.

where are u finding the sample sets :)
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
    I'm finding them on eBay.
  • cjccjc Registered Users Posts: 636
    How long do they last? I have seen people selling samples sizes which say they are good for around 30 applications, and am thinking of ordering the browns, plums, and greens in sample sizes. I think they would last me quite a long time since I don't get dolled up everyday, and this way I could more easily afford to have those sets.

Hi...for you and anyone else wanting to try BE samples, ck out this site:
    www.colorfulsprinkles.com

It is a wonderful site...I've ordered from them many times.
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • cjccjc Registered Users Posts: 636
    I just got back from Costco and bought a quad set of Borghese eyeshadows that come with a primer. I'm hoping to use the primer with my BE shadows as well.

I was wondering how Borghese makeup is. Please let us know. I always see it in Costco.
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • sariroosariroo Registered Users Posts: 1,958 Curl Neophyte
    Even with primer, the BE eyeshadows and glimmers or glimpses or whatever they are called don't stay on my lids for long. I have tried everything to get them to stay (even Mineral Veil) but it never fails, after a couple of hours they are gone. I haven't had this problem with other eyeshadows.
    Well maybe I will skip it then. I actually want this palette of eyeshadow. You don't have pores around your eyes so I don't really need to use B.E.(I have it for my sensitive skin).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file