Soaking up conditioner

GillsGills Posts: 77Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I'm a little concerned at just how much conditioner my hair is soaking up. I'm using LVPNG, and it looks like I'll be finishing up my first bottle within a week of buying it. I know it needs as much as it does because it simply doesn't feel conditioned when I don't use two massive palmfuls on it (it's a little past my shoulders, if that helps). I used less today, then added some curl creme to it to compensate, and it's drying super frizzy. But then again, the frizz could be due to the failed ACV rinse I did yesterday... argh, I just don't know!

Did your hair soak up conditioner this quickly when you first started CG? I want to do well by my hair, but I really can't afford to spend $5/wk on conditioner =( I'm heading to the store to pick up some aloe vera gel and flax seeds to try making my own FSG, but any other suggestions would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

(P.S. Would one of you lovely advanced curlies like to borrow my hair for a few weeks and figure out what it likes? I'll totally pay you in hugs and cookies! :tongue5:)
Hair type: 3a, medium porosity (??), medium texture
Final sulfate wash: April 14, 2009
Co-wash: Suave Pomegranate
Conditioner: GVPCB, AOHR, Garnier Triple Nutrition
Products: Experimenting with KCKT and KCCC

My hair loves:
Olive oil
LVPNG
...still trying to figure out what else!

My hair hates:
ACV
Biotera Curl Creme (?)
A-cone

Comments

• SephirothsChild15SephirothsChild15 Posts: 208Registered Users
    Have you checked out any of Jillipoos posts concerning porposity? She says her hair soaks up stuff like a mad sponge.

I'll add the link when I find it.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=67218
    :love7: I'm starting to love my hair :love7:

WARNING: I come with spelling errors.

:blob5:Loving the IceQueen Method

:salute:The biggest fight that we will never win, is the one with out hair.

• becca8781becca8781 Posts: 57Registered Users
    i bought that conditioner as well and it's been soaking it up like crazy and when my hair air drys and i put 0 product in it it looks like i stuck my finger in an electric socket.
  • kathymackkathymack Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe try doing DTs with some inexpensive ingredients? An inexpensive one is to use 4-6 oz coconut milk, 1/4 c cheap conditioner, 3 T honey (I'd use agave nectar) and 2-3 T unrefined coconut oil. You can freeze the unused coconut milk in portions for your next DT. Do it once or twice a week until your hair doesn't need it as much.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GillsGills Posts: 77Registered Users
    Thank you all very much! I had a sneaking suspicion it had to do with porosity so I've been reading about that, but sometimes I get really overwhelmed, and it helps to check back with people who've been through this before. Your advice helps so much, so thank you!
    Hair type: 3a, medium porosity (??), medium texture
    Final sulfate wash: April 14, 2009
    Co-wash: Suave Pomegranate
    Conditioner: GVPCB, AOHR, Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Products: Experimenting with KCKT and KCCC

My hair loves:
    Olive oil
    LVPNG
    ...still trying to figure out what else!

My hair hates:
    ACV
    Biotera Curl Creme (?)
    A-cone

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file