Baby Oils...Anyone?

kiarobkiarob Posts: 59Registered Users
Hi Everyone....I have a question that I hope you can answer, what can you put on a baby's skin and hair that does not have mineral oil or petrolum? I am looking for something that smells good too....I want the baby to still smell like a baby. For instance I love the smell of Baby Magic lotion on babies and Johnson's baby oil but I know those things have ingredients in them that clog pores and are not good to use. SO HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

P.S. I tried grapeseed oil but I did not like how it made my little neice smell.
Be True To Yourself
4a or a combo of 3c/4a who knows?:compress:
http://public.fotki.com/Kiarob/
pw:blessed
www.myspace.com/kiarob

Comments

• SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Burt's Bees Apricot Baby Oil smells really really good.
    Here are the ingredients: Apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract, beta-carotene, fragrance.
    98.00% Natural

41K0TVnML0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I use Weleda, California Baby, and Alba products. DD has very dry skin and Alba makes a non-petroleum jelly that is the only thing to help. Lately, I've been able to find Weleda and California Baby at Target.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Sigi wrote: »
    Here are the ingredients: Apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract, beta-carotene, fragrance.
    98.00% Natural

That smells great. My son did have a reaction to it when he was a baby, though.

I love the smell of the California Baby stuff and that is very gentle, in my experience.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    We have to use only glaxall based lotion on the skin of his body due to eczema, but on his hair, and mine too, I use Marrakesh Oil from Morocco (I think there are ads for it on this site) which smells amazing and is great for the hair.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    We use olive oil. She smells a bit like salad dressing some days, but that's ok.

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Sigi wrote: »
    98.00% Natural

we used this as well. i liked it.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    We use olive oil. She smells a bit like salad dressing some days, but that's ok.

We use Aveeno Baby Lotion for dry skin, so I can't help with the oils, but...this is funny!
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • kiarobkiarob Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thanks...I am going to buy some.
    Be True To Yourself
    www.myspace.com/kiarob
  • kiarobkiarob Posts: 59Registered Users
    Everyone has been so helpful.....I LOVE this site.....I don't have children yet but I need the scope on the good stuff ahead of time (my time is coming real soon).
    Plus I told my sister what not to use on her baby but I couldn't give suggestions on what to use.....so thanks for the tips.
    Be True To Yourself
    www.myspace.com/kiarob
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    we used sweet almond oil as our natural alternative to commercial mineral oils. it went on silky, sank in, and didn't have an odor. it kept their bottoms rash free. it's still a staple oil that we all use from head to toe.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file