How do you like Everyday Minerals?

HropkeyHropkey Registered Users Posts: 572
I'm using bare minerals right now but the bismuth oxychloride makes me itch and the foundation itself is a bit too yellow for me. I heard of em as a much cheaper, purer, and easier to match alternative.

Has anyone here every tried it?
Mod CG as of 10/18/08
Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
"We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik

Comments

• sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    I've never tried Bare Minerals but I know someone who did that says Everyday Minerals feels a bit chalkier on. But I bet some others would disagree with that since I've heard former Bare Minerals users praise Everyday Minerals.

I've used EM a lot and to me it's worth the price. It does feel slightly chalky on compared to the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear I'm currently using. Only difference is I have to apply more PF to get the kind of coverage Everyday Minerals lent...and Everday Minerals has a much wider selection of shades. I'll definitely continue to purchase from them if I don't find something better during this experimental phase.

Outside of the chalkiness factor (which might be a product of how my individual skin feels with their formula) my real only desire is that EM would stay on a little longer. Don't like retouching, want something that does its job all day basically. I'm guessing that's rare for mineral makeup in general though.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Registered Users Posts: 1,079
    I've been using Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals for about five years now, and I love them. I did try Everyday Minerals, but it was too sheer for me. It didn't seem to last on me over the course of the day.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • Naveed00Naveed00 Registered Users Posts: 193
    I love Everyday Minerals. I especially love that you can get free sample kits and only have to pay for shipping. The samples alone last you weeks if not several months. I think you should at least give the sample kit a try because it is well worth the $3 you pay for shipping.
  • wash'nwaviewash'nwavie Registered Users Posts: 38
    Naveed00 wrote: »
    I love Everyday Minerals. I especially love that you can get free sample kits and only have to pay for shipping. The samples alone last you weeks if not several months. I think you should at least give the sample kit a try because it is well worth the $3 you pay for shipping.

I agree. It took me at least a month to use the samples. I also checked there forums for shade advice, and they were very helpful. I use the intensive coverage foundation, and I'm very happy with it.
  • Misses_JaiMisses_Jai Registered Users Posts: 97
    i'm a total EM head... i've been using EM since 2007 & i'm hooked. i use a mix of 2 foundation shades, in the intensive formula. the coverage is perfect and natural and i don't get itchy nor do i get that shimmery look that Bismuth gives. it's VERY affordable and the sample kits they offer are generous.

you can send them a pic of you, in natural light, and ask them for foundation shade advice. their customer service is excellent and they'll take care of you. i say get the sample kit and take it from there. :D
    common sense is not common.....
    CG since Jan 2009.....
    No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
    3a/some 2c
    clarify - ACV rinse
    co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
    rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
    dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
    leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
    styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    I ordered the free sample kit and the $18 mini kit a few weeks ago so I could try several colors and formulas. I found it to be sort of chalky and it gave me dry patches all over my face. The dry patches were worse with the intensive formula, but I also got them with the original formula. I was really bummed because I wanted to like this stuff.
  • spoiledcoilsspoiledcoils Registered Users Posts: 145
    I LOVE Everyday Minerals!
    Like you, I bought Bare Minerals and the bismuth just made me itch and burn. I then got a sample kit from EM (which lasted ages) and found the perfect match for my skin.
    I use the Original Glo formula which is quite sheer but that's all I need. I never find it chalky or powdery looking. I love it because it's super easy to apply and looks like my own skin -just nicer!
    Their brushes are really nice and inexpensive as well.
    Currently loving:
    Deva Red One Condition
    Nexxus Emergencee
    Deva HIH
    GDLI
    KCCC

:love5:
    Working on repairing my spoiled coils!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights