Ok so tell me what you think or how you would feel..

KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Ok I received a gift for xmas... Ok so here it is, it was a Prada Handbag in a Nordstrom Box, the handbag is a knock off and the persn put it in a Nordstrom box and said its a Prada, the bag came with no tags no gift reciept nothing.. I do know the bag is a knock off because a real one would cost ALOT of money, so the person who gave it to me is telling me its a real bag and it came from Nordstrom.. I really feel bad, not because the bag is a fake but because she put it in a Nordstrom box and is trying to make me think it is real.. i would have felt better if it came in a regular box and she said oh I hope you like it, its a knock off... How would you feel??? I mean does she think I 'am that stupid that I don't know its a fake.. Its really cute actually, but the thing that is bothering me is that she istrying to pull it off that it is real.. IDK
3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
P/Wmarissa
http://public.fotki.com/Keewee

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe she thinks it is real. Other than that, why lie? Is she known to try and impress people with her phony wealth?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I say use it and enjoy!
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, ITA Speckla. Just smile and enjoy it. At least it's cute, right?
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My grandmother is like that. God love her. She will pretend like something is designer. I think some people want to live up to some kind of image.
    I wouldn't make an issue out of it. You know the truth. Just thank her and enjoy it.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • KindredsTwin1983KindredsTwin1983 Posts: 347Registered Users
    The nerve of that girl!!!!!

Ya know what....

Next time she comes to your place make sure you have that purse sitting out prominently on top of the garbage pile at the end of your driveway so she can see it.
    Hair Type - 3c, with a touch of 4a and a touch of 3b

Favorite Detangler - Any conditioner with high amount of behentrimonium mehtosulfate

Favorite Leave-in Conditioners - Suave Coconut, Giovanni Smooth and Silk and Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Pantene Relaxed and Natural

Favorite Hair Moisturizers - Silk Elements Hairdress
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yea I guess your right, I just got a little offended.. IDK...
    P/Wmarissa
  • TLMMMTLMMM Posts: 457Registered Users

Ya know what....

Next time she comes to your place make sure you have that purse sitting out prominently on top of the garbage pile at the end of your driveway so she can see it.

:lol:

I do think she knew the bag was fake and that you wouldn't know the difference, care, or say anything. I don't know how you feel about knock offs but I wouldn't carry it, and would probably toss it. she won't have the nerve to ask, and if she does, just tell her it doesn't fit with your wardrobe.
    I guess if I was a real Biatch... I would ask for the receipt to say I wanted to exchange it or that something was wrong with it.. But I just couldn't do that... I am grateful and all, but I mean really and she knows that I use designer bags all the time so I just don't get it. Oh well at least its cute..
    P/Wmarissa
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Firstly I'd be grateful for the gift. Unless the giver specifically said it was real, then she's not even really misleading you-- she probably just had a Nordstrom box laying around. To say anything it might make you seem petty.

Look at it as what it is: a gift of a cute bag. The rest of it? You're kinda makin up in your head.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    That's so weird. She was intentionally trying to pass off a fake Prada as a real one? As if you don't know the difference? :lol:

I guess one could argue that she was really trying to impress you for some reason and you should be flattered. But jeez, how embarrassing for her.

How close are you to this person, btw?

I'd give the bag to my daughter to play with.
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    Firstly I'd be grateful for the gift. Unless the giver specifically said it was real, then she's not even really misleading you-- she probably just had a Nordstrom box laying around. To say anything it might make you seem petty.

Look at it as what it is: a gift of a cute bag. The rest of it? You're kinda makin up in your head.

Seriously.

Also, are you SURE it isn't authentic? She could have bought it hot off the back of a truck. *shrugs*
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Or maybe it's real and she bought used off ebay?
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • bushyheadbushyhead Posts: 1,676Registered Users
    I heard on the radio that people were buying Tiffany boxes off eBay and putting non-Tiffany jewelry in them and giving them as gifts. They didn't start figuring it out until people started trying to return the gifts and discovered that they weren't real Tiffany. Maybe this was the same kind of thing? There was another company whose boxes were being sold as well, but I can't remember what it was . . .
    tt2b5cc.aspx

"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift . . . that's why it's called the present." - Unknown
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Ya know what....

Holy over reaction, Batman.

Treat it like any other gift you don't love...smile, say thanks, be glad you have friends, and move on with your life.
  • chicagocurly78chicagocurly78 Posts: 463Registered Users
    I hate being lied to, but if someone did that to me, I think I would just laugh to myself and color them odd. But at the same time, I think it would take a lot for me to ever believe anything that ever came out of their mouth from that point on.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm just reading these posts shaking my head...

Throw a bag in the trash because it's a "knockoff"? Really?

Expecting an uber-expensive gift from someone I wasn't married to or sleeping with? I don't think so.

Honestly, I'd just be thankful for the gift, and use it if I liked it. Or not use it if I didn't.
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CGNYC wrote: »

Ya know what....

Holy over reaction, Batman.

Treat it like any other gift you don't love...smile, say thanks, be glad you have friends, and move on with your life.

LOL! I think she was being facetious, CGNYC.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    :lol:

Sorry....but, :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    I am dying to see a pic of this bag that is causing so much angst!
    :bball:
    I'm just reading these posts shaking my head...

Throw a bag in the trash because it's a "knockoff"? Really?

Expecting an uber-expensive gift from someone I wasn't married to or sleeping with? I don't think so.

Honestly, I'd just be thankful for the gift, and use it if I liked it. Or not use it if I didn't.

The thing that is bothering me is not that the bag is fake, believe me I don't expect anyone to buy me such an expensive gift Unless like you said I was married or sleeping with them. ( But what bothers me is putting it in the Nordstrom box and telling me its a Prada, I mean i know its a fake for godsakes the inside has a tag that says made in china. I just feel bad that she is trying to pull one off as real, I would have appreciated it more if it was in a regular box and just given to me, without saying Oh its a Prada and I bought it in Nordstrom, you know what I'm saying?? I just think it is tacky, I mean I would never buy something and then try to pass it off as something else, sometimes I don't even want to buy something using a coupon and giving the person a gift receipt and then have them know I got it on sale for cheap you know what I am saying??
    P/Wmarissa
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,773Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Who is the person that gave you the bag? Is it a bf or a family member? I would feel odd, if someone close to me tried to fool me with the handbag. Why would they not be honest with you? If a family member or a bf gave me a knock off, they would tell me. I would certainly thank them & carry it, if I liked it. I can understand feeling weird that they thought they could make you believe they spent money on an original when it is a knock off. I would wonder about the relationship I have with this person. I know I would never try to deceive anyone close to me. I think it's more about the relationship then it is about the handbag.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • DeljahDeljah Posts: 47Registered Users
    I'd be offended at the intentional deception, and it would affect our friendship in some way.

My husband and I would get a gooood laugh out of it, along with everyone else that I'd tell, and I would never carry the bag.
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    Who is the person that gave you the bag? Is it a bf or a family member? I would feel odd, if someone close to me tried to fool me with the handbag. Why would they not be honest with you? If a family member or a bf gave me a knock off, they would tell me. I would certainly thank them & carry it, if I liked it. I can understand feeling weird that they thought they could make you believe they spent money on an original when it is a knock off. I would wonder about the relationship I have with this person. I know I would never try to deceive anyone close to me. I think it's more about the relationship then it is about the handbag.

It is fairly a close person, I guess what I am trying to say is that I do feel offended by this, I would have much rather her say here is my gift its a knock off I hope you like it, rather then her try and deceive me and tell me its real and from Nordstrom or say sorry I only had a Nordstrom box to put it in.. I hope you like it...
    I mean I would never expect such an elaborate gift as this to begin with..

I guess you are right Lotsa I should think more of the relationship then the actually gift and now it is making me wonder..
    P/Wmarissa
  • chicagocurly78chicagocurly78 Posts: 463Registered Users
    Keewee wrote: »

It is fairly a close person, I guess what I am trying to say is that I do feel offended by this, I would have much rather her say here is my gift its a knock off I hope you like it, rather then her try and deceive me and tell me its real and from Nordstrom or say sorry I only had a Nordstrom box to put it in.. I hope you like it...

I guess you are right Lotsa I should think more of the relationship then the actually gift and now it is making me wonder..

One of my exes gave me a necklace from Target in a Nordstrom box, probably because he didn't have any other box to put it in. I didn't ask him about it, because, like you, I knew it wasn't Nordstrom. But if he would have TOLD me that it was from Nord, with me knowing that it wasn't.....I would have broke up with him. Lying is lying.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think if it is a fake, she knows it's a fake and was trying to pass it off the real thing it's extremely tacky.

I'm not fan of knockoffs. I'd rather have no bag than a fake one. There are plenty of cute non-designer purses out there.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would just say thank you for the gift, and not try to return it.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,773Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Keewee wrote: »

Yea, I would definitely consider my relationship with her. I would wonder why she would think she needed to impress me. Bf's don't feel that need.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • DeljahDeljah Posts: 47Registered Users
    Trenell wrote: »
    I think if it is a fake, she knows it's a fake and was trying to pass it off the real thing it's extremely tacky.

I'm not fan of knockoffs. I'd rather have no bag than a fake one. There are plenty of cute non-designer purses out there.

ITA with this post.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    did she specifically say, "i got you a real prada bag from nordstroms"? or are you saying you feel like shes trying to pull a fast one because of the way it was presented to you?

because if she is blatantly lying to you, then i can see being a bit upset by it. but maybe she really doesnt know. i have family members who "only wear designer clothes" but wouldnt know a designer bag if it came and slapped them in the face.
  • natural2anatural2a Posts: 154Registered Users
    Is there any chance that this was a joke? Is she testing you to see if you can tell the difference? Or, maybe she bought it off of ebay, thought it was real, and SHE doesn't know the difference.

un....com...fort...a...ble.... indeed.

I guess you could tell her that you've been thinking about it and that you feel bad that she spent so much money on a gift (no matter how much, perhaps it was too much). You could tell her that you'd like her to keep it and that you'd really rather just spend some time with her than exchange gifts at the holidays. That way, the pressure is off and you won't have to anticipate this next year.
    baby-fine 2a wavy hair
    growing out my bangs and short layers

Current routine, every day:
    Mastey Traite shampoo
    Mastey Frehair conditioner
    pink Boots curl creme (TINY amount)
    Aura Lemongrass Mousse
    scrunch with Curls Like Us Curl Cloth
    diffuse
    air dry
    scrunch out the crunch

Leave a Comment