Clay masks

MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
I'm looking for some recommendations for some good clay facial masks. My skin is oily and prone to an occasional monthly breakout (mostly hormonal). I'm also in my mid 30's so I don't want anything that could be too drying.
I was considering ordering some clays to make my own from mountainroseherbs.com but am not sure which type of clay would be better.

Thanks!
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

Comments

• forensic_curlychickforensic_curlychick Registered Users Posts: 266
    I think Bentonite clay is a good start. You can mix with water and apply to face. Its a detox for the skin. You can get it at wholefoods
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Magoo wrote: »
    I was considering ordering some clays to make my own from mountainroseherbs.com but am not sure which type of clay would be better.

Thanks!

I have the following from Mountain Rose Herbs:

Rhassoul (have had for 3+ years)
    French Green
    Bentonite
    Fuller's Earth

Out of those my favorite is the French Green. This one dries the pimples the best.

I sometimes mix it with ACV and water or just water. I also add some type of oil...jojoba, kukui nut or hazelnut. All of the clays above dry hard and are somewhat difficult to remove no matter how much oil I add.

But... I just received the Glacial Clay mask from Garden of Wisdom. I used maybe a teaspoon along with 1/2 tsp of water...it doesn't get very thick, goes on smoothly, covered my whole face and rinses very easily. It also dries pimples nicely. I think I have found a new favorite.

How Glacial Clay works

1. This clay hermetically seals your skin with its
    microscopic particle elements.

2. The clay's negative charged ion particles absorb
    positively charged impurities, dead skin cells
    and bacteria to effectively remove them
    from your skin pores.

3. Toxins and impurities are removed from your
    skin with the clay as it is washed away.

4. Natural circulation brings impurities as well as
    the necessary nutrients and cell-generating
    oxygen to the surface of the skin.

Suggested Usage Rate: up to 100%
    Solubility: Water
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the suggestions. How often do you guys use the masks? And can you use them to spot treat also?
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    They all can be used as a spot treatment, and especially the French Green Clay.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file