What do you think of this combo?

violetcurlsvioletcurls Registered Users Posts: 434 Curl Neophyte
What do you think? Does anybody else use it? I know they're pretty basic, but I've heard they're good and I happen to have them all. I'm going to try using them tomorrow.

Co-Wash: Vo5 Mint Tea "Clarifying" Conditioner (it might be vanilla mint. I forget. Sorry.)
Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Hair Gel

I'm also going to pick up some tea tree oil when I can to help with my head. Can you get it at Walmart/Target?
3a/b ?

Unleash the curls!

Nobody move! I dropped me brain. ~Jack Sparrow

Comments

• KeeweeKeewee Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Curl Neophyte
    Why do you need tea tree oil???? Thats kind of like an antiseptic. Are you look for a moisturinzing oil??

The combo sounds good, maybe you can leave a little conditioner in as a leave in then apply your gel..
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • violetcurlsvioletcurls Registered Users Posts: 434 Curl Neophyte
    Keewee wrote: »
    Why do you need tea tree oil???? Thats kind of like an antiseptic. Are you look for a moisturinzing oil??

The combo sounds good, maybe you can leave a little conditioner in as a leave in then apply your gel..

Actually it was recommended to me on a previous thread. Sometimes my flake can be kind of flaky (though not exactly in a dandruff-y way), and that's what the person recommended. I don't remember who. Hmm. I'm not sure what exactly I need. But I figured it was worth a shot anyway. :D
    3a/b ?

Unleash the curls!

• KeeweeKeewee Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Curl Neophyte
    Hmmmm tea tree oil is really strong maybe you can mix it in with the mint conditioner.

Are You CG??? I think Paul Mitchell makes a tea tree shampoo

Have you tired ACV rinse??
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • violetcurlsvioletcurls Registered Users Posts: 434 Curl Neophyte
    Keewee wrote: »
    Hmmmm tea tree oil is really strong maybe you can mix it in with the mint conditioner.

Are You CG??? I think Paul Mitchell makes a tea tree shampoo

Have you tired ACV rinse??

Well, It was recommended that I only use a little and that I mix that little bit into my conditioner. Yes, I am CG, though I was weak and shampooed a little while ago. No, I haven't tried an ACV rinse. I could try that, though. How much do you use to rinse? Thanks for helping!
    3a/b ?

Unleash the curls!

• mdwileygrlmdwileygrl Registered Users Posts: 89
    Try using 1 tablespoon ACV per cup of water, rinse hair with it, then rinse again with plain water. If I don't rinse the second time, I get a nasty ACV odor after my hair's dry, although this is not the case for everyone.
    Waist length spirals - 3a/b
    Fave co-wash: Suave Coconut
    Fave shampoo: Batia & Aleeza, Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (once every 2 weeks)
    Fave conditioner: Back to Basics green tea
    DT: Curl Junkie banana/hibiscus
    Styling: BotticelliBabe's gelee, brulee and butter - all natural and AWESOME!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file