how often do you shampoo?

bluujaybluujay Posts: 71Registered Users
I'm like a 2c. I've become moderately addicted to shampooing...sulfate free of course but...I generally have an urge to shampoo my hair like three times a week. How often do y'all shampoo if at all? I think maybe I should cut back, I'm feeling a little guilty about it haha..

Comments

• curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
    i was going for a routine with shampooing once a week, but it has grown to 2 or 3 times a week, and i use a sulfate, coz i hate for my hair to look greasy!eeek!im trying to get back on track, but only yesterday i 'pooed with a cone:evil2:..i know i know, -sigh-:roll:...but my hair looks good today, i water washed airdried and put in some oil..then refreshed with h2o and condish, it looks good so far, frizzy but hey, when did i ever lose frizz
    product staple: suave coconut conditioner
    goal: healthy BSL! :D
    obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
    :protest:probable suspects
    • hard water
    • varying product use
    • weather-hair chemistry confusion
  • paulinenpaulinen Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have to say that I shampoo 3 to 4 times a week. I'm probably a 2c ish. It seems more like 4 lately because I've been playing around with shampoos and conditioners a lot and a lot of them have just been leaving me feeling really greasy (more like silicone-y!).
  • KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
    I'd say I 'poo maybe 3 days a week. I use all natural soap bars (followed by a Bragg's ACV rinse), a.

When I co-washed, I tended to do so pretty much every day- mostly because I never got much 2nd day hair like I'm seeming to now that I use the shampoo bars.
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
  • madmb20madmb20 Posts: 117Registered Users
    i wash my hair every day. i alternate mop-c, giovanni and a cv soap bar. i'm a wash-and-go gal and if i water wash my hair dries really flat and looks greasy. i do an overnight deep conditioning at least once a week and i try to have one day a week where i don't wet it at all (of course its always the weekend and i am housebound).
    2A/B
    still working on it
    :wink:
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Curl Connoisseur Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm currenly using shampoo bars and shampooing every day followed by an ACV rinse; I think my hair has never looked better.

When I was alternating between low-pooing and cowashing, I would low-poo every 3rd day or so.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    I shampoo every 6 to 8 days, generally. I either use a Nature's Gate, Giovanni, or Lily of the Desert Aloe Shampoo. That seems to work best for me. I haven't shampooed every day or even every other day in over 15 years.

I cowash every other day.

If I washed with shampoo more than that I think my scalp would fry.

I am a textbook 2C.
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I still have to shampoo every 3 days. When I try for less, my scalp gets very flaky. Sometimes I think it's gels building up, sometimes I think it's conditioner building up (I can never cowash more than one day in a row), and sometimes I think it's just my scalp. Whatever it is, I have to scrub it away with low 'poo.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    I don't poo at all. I use an ACV rinse.
  • eweniqueewenique Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't use shampoo either. Just water wash every 2 - 3 days, or an occasional cowash. After getting highlights once, and lowlights once, the hairdresser used a low poo. I may try the soap bars that are the newest craze sometime, though.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    I wash 4 times per week, since my scalp is very oily.
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • alyssa_kalyssa_k Posts: 51Registered Users
    I shampoo with Giovanni TTT 2-3 times a week. Shampooing to many times (or with a sulfate) dries out my hair and with not often enough makes it look greasy. Before this site I never knew that hair was so specific.:laughing7:
    2cCiii
    Using: Testing new stuff :)
    :toothy6:
  • ChatulChatul Posts: 21Registered Users
    Sorry for the offtopic but... Lisa, what a cute hair! And so long *_* They're awesome!

I wash my hair everyday... They're really oily. But all the time I'm trying do something with that.
    Last mounth I washed my hair by conditioner. My waves were so pretty. But I had to wash them at everyday, too.
    I apologize for the somewhat poor English. I'm from Poland so my home language is polish, not english.

:blob:
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    I have very dry skin, scalp, and hair, so I never shampoo; I found the CG thing really easy to adjust to, after the first week. I cowash 4 times a week and that's more than enough to get rid of any dirt or greasiness.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    I alternate between cowashing and shampooing. So one day I cowash, the next day I shampoo. I use a low poo. About once a month I do a clarifying wash.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 68Registered Users
    I COwash about two to three times a week, and use my sulfate free shampoo once a week or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to run away and join the Cirque.

• LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    I low-poo or shampoo bar every day. I tried co-washing/water washing/etc and it just didn't work for me.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• TrixieTrixie Posts: 260Registered Users
    Feralcurls wrote: »
    I alternate between cowashing and shampooing. So one day I cowash, the next day I shampoo. I use a low poo. About once a month I do a clarifying wash.

Pretty much what I do :) I use Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo and then VO5 to cowash. I shampoo with a sulfate every once and a while when my roots get this weird greasy feeling thing going on.
    Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
    Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
    Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
    Henna glosses!
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I used to shampoo daily, whether it was sulfates, non sulfates, cones, non cones, shampoo bars, CO'ing, or low pooing. I've managed to stretch that to 2-3 times a week. Most weeks I'll do it twice. I'm stretching that further to once a week from here, and I will stick with that. :D
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    Chatul,

Thank you very much for the compliment!

Lisa
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file