Burts Bees Body Butter

DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
I opened up my Body Butter last night and there was GREEN MOLD growing in it!!!!! If it wasn't Saturday I'd be calling Burts Bees fuming mad! Has anyone had this happen? I don't store it in the bathroom, it's always shut tight. What the HECK????????
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Comments

• RyanneRyanne Registered Users Posts: 686
    I would be pissed off!!
    Will you complain later?
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    Ryanne wrote: »
    I would be pissed!!
    Will you complain later?
    I'm going to complain Mon. and demand a replacement, this really pisses me off! This stuff isn't cheap!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • RyanneRyanne Registered Users Posts: 686
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Ryanne wrote: »
    I would be pissed!!
    Will you complain later?
    I'm going to complain Mon. and demand a replacement, this really pisses me off! This stuff isn't cheap!
    Good luck with that :)
    Called BB and told them what happend and that I just bought this tub at Target less than a month ago!! They are sending a replacement :) According to the Lot # it was already 1 1/2 yrs old (how would I know?) there is no obvious exp. date. They told me their products have a 2yr shelf life so you guys may want to double check your PJ stashes!!!!! Guess that is the downside to using natural stuff :(
    Discovered CG 2007

• rainshowerrainshower Registered Users Posts: 4,420
    Called BB and told them what happend and that I just bought this tub at Target less than a month ago!! They are sending a replacement :) According to the Lot # it was already 1 1/2 yrs old (how would I know?) there is no obvious exp. date. They told me their products have a 2yr shelf life so you guys may want to double check your PJ stashes!!!!! Guess that is the downside to using natural stuff :(

when i was using aubrey organics stuff, i bought a bottle of rosa mosqueta conditioner from vitamin shoppe that smelled rank, almost rotten-smelling. i wondered if it was an old bottle because the vitamin shoppe in my area sells high-priced natural products for a few dollars cheaper than whole foods and they have layers of price tags where they've adjusted the prices numerous times. so i thought maybe they'd had these conditioners in circulation for a while trying to sell them up. they assured me that it was from a fresh batch of aubrey conditioners and that they don't circulate their products from store to store until they are sold. anyway, i never bought anymore conditioners from them again; i just paid more for the ones at whole foods. i agree that when dealing with products that have natural or no preservatives, you need to make informed purchases and use them up in a reasonable amount of time before they expire.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    I posted this on another forum for the 4's but I'm wondering if anyone has tried BB Body Butter in their hair? There was one gal in the 4's that uses it wondering if there are any more hiding out??? I might just try it and see what happens!!! Can't make my hair fall out or anything right?

Ingredients: water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, glycerin, beeswax, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia) seed oil, rosa canina (rosehip) seed oil, glucose, fragrance, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, xanthan gum, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, tocopherol, alchemilla vulgaris (lady’s mantle) extract, plantago lanceolata (plantain) leaf extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, sucrose stearate, retinyl palmitate, sodium borate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol
    Discovered CG 2007

• msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    The beeswax might become a buildup problem. Just me, but I don't like beeswax in my hair stuff.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    msgiblet wrote: »
    The beeswax might become a buildup problem. Just me, but I don't like beeswax in my hair stuff.
    I know what you mean about beeswax. BUT, I figured with the shampoo bars that may not be a problem....I don't know I'm scared to try it! :laughing6:
    Discovered CG 2007

• msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    I know what you mean about beeswax. BUT, I figured with the shampoo bars that may not be a problem....I don't know I'm scared to try it! :laughing6:

Oh, go ahead and try it and let us know how it goes. :laughing6:

Seriously, the shampoo bars might do it - I just haven't been using them long enough to know much. I would think they're so gentle that you might need a low poo to get it out. I just don't know and maybe the beeswax wouldn't be a problem at all. It's just one of those ingredients I'm leery of.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, go ahead and try it and let us know how it goes. :laughing6:

Seriously, the shampoo bars might do it - I just haven't been using them long enough to know much. I would think they're so gentle that you might need a low poo to get it out. I just don't know and maybe the beeswax wouldn't be a problem at all. It's just one of those ingredients I'm leery of.
    I'm leery too! Then again shampoo bar/ACV might be enough to strip the unwanted oils. I'll try it tomorrow on 2nd day don't want to mess up a good thing tonight!
    Discovered CG 2007

I did try this today and really liked the Results I want to push it for 3rd day but got a sample of DW so won't be able to resist trying the DW!
    Discovered CG 2007

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file