Do you fart in front of your SO? Loudly?

2»

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Never & I was married for 20 years. He did & all the men I have dated after him have. I think it's such a turn off.
    ITA
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sarah42 wrote: »
    He's seen me push out two babies. I figure he can handle a little gas.

That's the way I feel. We've both seen each other in compromising positions. We've nursed each other through illnesses and surgeries and babies and together have experienced great sadnesses and great joys. He's my life partner, and farting is part of human life sometimes. We don't make a big deal out of it and we still manage to have passion.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users

That's the way I feel. We've both seen each other in compromising positions. We've nursed each other through illnesses and surgeries and babies and together have experienced great sadnesses and great joys. He's my life partner, and farting is part of human life sometimes. We don't make a big deal out of it and we still manage to have passion.

I think this is the key-- it's not a big deal. Make it about hiding the more human aspects of yourself from your partner and it seems to me like you're trying to appear perfect. I'm not perfect, and both I and my husband are well aware of it. Neither is he. Neither is our relationship. But we're real, and we've learned to laugh at some of the things that make others cringe.

Then again, neither of us are much for being proper, either.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    Oh come on... there's a difference between something slipping and someone letting one rip. If one of us gets gas, fine but it's entirely different if one is impolite about it.

Case in point: guy I was dating would totally just tense up and let one loose IN BED. I called him on it, "Did you just fart on me?!" He got sheepish and said, "yeeeeees." Neither of us were asleep (we were reading) and he had to PUSH that sucker out. I let it go thinking he was at home...

a month later, I accompanied him to a small store and the second we walked in, he tensed up and let out one that practically echoed. EVERYONE turned around in the store and it was SO obvious. It was as if he was announcing his arrival.

I just don't think that's okay. There's a definite line between "oops" or "sorry it smells" and grunting and pushing. I can take farting but I'm certainly glad my current SO feels the same as I do: TRY to be polite about it!
    <insert signature line here>
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I try not too, but when I was hugely pregnant I just stopped caring. DH looked at me in complete shock the first time I did, and I just looked at him like "what? there's no way I was gonna get up for that." :laughing7: My husband has no shame about it at all. I give him a hard time sometimes, but we have 3 dogs so he always has someone to blame (like I don't know who it really was :roll:).
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    NOOOO WAY! I would be MORTIFIED luckily he doesn't in front of me even after 10yrs. :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This whole thread came about because I accidentally farted on my BF three times. Yes, three. Don't know what happened. Musta been something I ate. I mean, I'm lactose intolerant and all but sheesh.

And he was so good about...he ignored the first two and just said "it's ok" to the last one.

Yes, they were loud. Honestly, they just slipped, despite me trying to hold em in. They didn't really smell though. That doesn't happen too often...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    I asked one of the men I was with how he would feel if a woman farted in front of him all the time & he said he would probably dump her. He said that the majority of men are going to fart in front of women, so they would have a hard time finding one that didn't. Most women don't, so a man can find one who doesn't pretty easily. He said this was something women just have to accept. :thumbdown:

I fart in front of one of my son in laws. He started it. It is so freeing.:laughing7:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    I asked one of the men I was with how he would feel if a woman farted in front of him all the time & he said he would probably dump her. He said that the majority of men are going to fart in front of women, so they would have a hard time finding one that didn't. Most women don't, so a man can find one who doesn't pretty easily. He said this was something women just have to accept. :thumbdown:

He sounds like an ashole. A man of substance won't have that attitude.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users

He was/is an ashole. I stayed with him way too long. I should have started farting on him, so he would have dumped me.:wink:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users

He was/is an ashole. I stayed with him way too long. I should have started farting on him, so he would have dumped me.:wink:

OMG :lol:
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »
    This whole thread came about because I accidentally farted on my BF three times. Yes, three. Don't know what happened. Musta been something I ate. I mean, I'm lactose intolerant and all but sheesh.

And he was so good about...he ignored the first two and just said "it's ok" to the last one.

Yes, they were loud. Honestly, they just slipped, despite me trying to hold em in. They didn't really smell though. That doesn't happen too often...

Yes but my point is, there's a difference between accidentally letting one slip- because, yes it does happen. If I can help it, I am discreet about it otherwise, no big deal is made about it. But with that ex of mine, yeah, that was ridiculous. I wish I were exaggerating but he really did push and grunt. Ug.
    <insert signature line here>
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users

I think this is the key-- it's not a big deal. Make it about hiding the more human aspects of yourself from your partner and it seems to me like you're trying to appear perfect. I'm not perfect, and both I and my husband are well aware of it. Neither is he. Neither is our relationship. But we're real, and we've learned to laugh at some of the things that make others cringe.

Then again, neither of us are much for being proper, either.

Exactly...We have seen one another's worst traits physically and mentally, so we don't have anything to hide from one another. There are things that we have done for one another that we both would just die if someone else saw them, but we are bonded.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    no and no. i think over the past two years, hes heard me fart maybe once. and that was a small dainty poot that slipped out. as far as the general populous is concerned, subbrock neither passes gas nor takes a dump. the only one who knows is my daughter. and thats because shes too young to tell anyone.
    i'll pick my nose or burp or do anything else in front of anywhere else, but i avoid dealing with things that come out of my bottom when others are around.

the man on the other hand lets them rip all day everyday and poops a zillion times a day, with the door open. if theyre particularly stinky he says, "i left a present for you!" :angry7:
    the only one who knows is my daughter. and thats because shes too young to tell anyone.

It won't last. Sooner or later, she will tell everyone your bathroom habits.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    No. I was brought up knowing that it was vulgar to pass gas in front of people (in any way).

I still think it's disgusting to hear someone let one, and as you may be able to tell, I even hate the word "fart".

Yes, I know it's natural. So is going to the bathroom and you don't do that in front of other people (your own small children excepted).

My husband understands my views, and in fact, he even gets after his family if they pass gas in front of me/each other.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    the only one who knows is my daughter. and thats because shes too young to tell anyone.

It won't last. Sooner or later, she will tell everyone your bathroom habits.

oh i know. i only have a few more months before the secret is out...
  • QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Posts: 569Registered Users
    No! Well...not on purpose, anyway. The couple of times I accidentally did he laughed so hard at me! The meanie...

He's pretty good about not doing it in front of me, too, but he had gastroenteritis within the first month that we were together. It really can't get much worse than that. :tongue5:
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/

• DeljahDeljah Posts: 47Registered Users
    Everyone's so genteel. LOL My husband and I will blow each other out of the room, car whatever. hahaha oh well

He's worse than me though. lol He says he's going to tone it down when our baby is born. I'd like to see that. lol
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think it's amazing how people can control and fart/burp on command. Mine just slip out and surprise me. I can't remember the last time I had a nonsilent fart. It hardly ever happens. Same with burps(but those happen a little more often..maybe a couple times a year).
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Josephine wrote: »
    I think it's amazing how people can control and fart/burp on command. Mine just slip out and surprise me. I can't remember the last time I had a nonsilent fart. It hardly ever happens. Same with burps(but those happen a little more often..maybe a couple times a year).

Practice some butt kegels, and you'll be fine. :)
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    subbrock wrote: »
    no and no. i think over the past two years, hes heard me fart maybe once. and that was a small dainty poot that slipped out. as far as the general populous is concerned, subbrock neither passes gas nor takes a dump. the only one who knows is my daughter. and thats because shes too young to tell anyone.
    i'll pick my nose or burp or do anything else in front of anywhere else, but i avoid dealing with things that come out of my bottom when others are around.

the man on the other hand lets them rip all day everyday and poops a zillion times a day, with the door open. if theyre particularly stinky he says, "i left a present for you!" :angry7:

LOL!
    Josephine wrote: »

Agreed.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • CurlLeeCurlLee Posts: 221Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote: »
    No. I was brought up knowing that it was vulgar to pass gas in front of people (in any way).

I still think it's disgusting to hear someone let one, and as you may be able to tell, I even hate the word "fart".

Yes, I know it's natural. So is going to the bathroom and you don't do that in front of other people (your own small children excepted).

My husband understands my views, and in fact, he even gets after his family if they pass gas in front of me/each other.

agreed...

i wasn't rasied as it being vulgar, but you just didn't do it in fron of others if you could help it.

accidents are understandable, but if you can help it, go somewhere in private.

my brother and i didn't even do that to each other. and my sis would problably have killed us if we did it on purpose in front of her, haha.

i just can't take a girl that does it for kicks and laughs, call me old fashion. i get on my guy friends for doin it to. so no double standard here from me.
    3b here 4a there 3c everywhere
    talk about a mix up :toothy10:

elevator doors open...

random girl: ohhh, you have curly hair

elevator doors begins to close...

random girl's friend:i think he knows that already

elevator doors close...
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote: »
    Practice some butt kegels, and you'll be fine. :)

:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
    ehLB.jpg
  • GabbylkpGabbylkp Posts: 197Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote: »

I agree with all of the above. I don't have an SO, even when I did I didn't poot in front of them. If I do need to let one rip, I will go into the bathroom.
    Dwight Schrute: [pushing Michael's face into the wet cement] Force it in as deep as you can. Michael Scott: That's what she said.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Eh, a fart is just an other end burp. Everyone does it.

Children will tell eventually so learn to carry cookies and pop one in their mouths before they can tattle. :)
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hmmm... I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this phenomenon. Sounds odd. :confused1: What's wrong with you people? I'm pretty sure that's abnormal. You all should like, get that checked out or something.

freaks of nature.
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    My farts don't make noise.

Always silent... So yea sometimes I slip, then blame it on the dog.

I fart more than he does and he thinks I'm kinda gross. Loves me anyway.
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Deljah wrote: »
    Everyone's so genteel. LOL My husband and I will blow each other out of the room, car whatever. hahaha oh well

He's worse than me though. lol He says he's going to tone it down when our baby is born. I'd like to see that. lol

Yup! We absolutely fart around one another. I've got IBS so I'd be holding in farts for all eternity if I waited to go to another room to let it out. :laughing7:

It's just a normal bodily function, it's no big deal. I'm not sure how we started doing it but now it's *poot* and then a giggle from me and him making a face and then laughing. He does get a little tiffed when I gas him in the car though, but those are accidents.

(I agree with whoever said to at least try to be a little bit courteous about it).
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file