you know you're a teen pj when...

dancerxotdancerxot Posts: 140Registered Users
you need to do a whole seperate back to school shopping trip for hair products/supplies!!

is it just me or is anyone else excited to get some great products for the school year ;-)

hair type: 3c/4a, naturally super soft, and really prone to frizz.
:blob7:

:love7:i heart naturally curly hair!

Comments

• jjnelliejjnellie Posts: 28Registered Users
    hahah most def
    im about to get my BC next week so i have about 3 weeks to get used to my new hair b4 school starts and ppl give/ask me 5 million and 1 comments/questions
    i set a budget so i wont become a broke pj considering i had a summer job and would like to keep SOME money lol
    Janellie
    http://public.fotki.com/jjnel228/
    BC: August 20, 2008
    Currently growing hair!

Fav Products:
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Jessicurl WDT
    KBB Hair Milk
  • dancerxotdancerxot Posts: 140Registered Users
    ahahah at least you have a job! i NEED one very badly, partly because i'm such a ridiculous pj.
    you're brave to BC before school. i did mine in may right before it ended because i was a chicken lol. and i got about 50 million questions, most of them were "why the h*** did you cut your hair! it was long...and pretty!!" [that came from the haters and narrow-minded]. on the other hand, my best friends were in LOVE with my new hair. :toothy7:

i see that you use giovanni direct leave-in, where do you buy it?
    pj-ism strikes again!

• curlygirl1995curlygirl1995 Posts: 48Registered Users
    uuhhhh whats a pj teen or w/e??

sorry im new lolz

event.png
    uuhhhh whats a pj teen or w/e??

sorry im new lolz

pj stands for product junkie :wink:

• jjnelliejjnellie Posts: 28Registered Users
    dancerxot wrote: »
    pj-ism strikes again!

I bought mine at whole foods . There isnt one near my house but the one near my job has a separate building for whole foods body which isnt a place for ne product junkie of any sort. It has hair and body products, supplements and all that good stuff. ahhhh

I set my budget for $200 excluding restocking how nasty is that ?! lol
    Janellie
    http://public.fotki.com/jjnel228/
    BC: August 20, 2008
    Currently growing hair!

Fav Products:
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Jessicurl WDT
    KBB Hair Milk
    o ok lolz that makes sense

totally there w/ ya

straight haired mom just
    doesnt understand.....

hahahaha

event.png
  • _obsessed__obsessed_ Posts: 16Registered Users
    o ok lolz that makes sense

totally there w/ ya

straight haired mom just
    doesnt understand.....

hahahaha

same here! yeah im not a "pj" yet because im new too
    3a Chin length layered and side bangs
    Brunette
    ahahah i know! my mom is relaxed, and she can't seem to understand why every week i have some new miracle product i just MUST have. lol

lolz!!
    yeah, i told her just 2day i wanted to get cut at a curly
    salon.....ughhh....she said no

event.png
  • lehcarbylehcarby Posts: 13Registered Users
    ahahah i know! my mom is relaxed, and she can't seem to understand why every week i have some new miracle product i just MUST have. lol

hahaha. i totally get this. i'm always finding product suggestions and strange hair-care tips on this site. my entire family has straight hair and they don't get it- plus i never get samples. i always just assume the product is the perfect thing for my hair...and two weeks later i find out about a whole new product haha

curlygirl1995- why'd she say no?
    cg since 7/17/08 :wink:

3a/b
    currently still somewhat in transition...

in love with:
    vo5 vanilla mint tea
    suave naturals lavender
    la bella lots of curls
    FOTE
    shea butter
    herbal essences set me up
    omg! thats a coincidence, i'm trying to figure out if i want a cut at a curly salon or not too! my mom will probably let me, as long as its not too expensive, especially cause she doesn't want me to cut it myself lol. why'd she say no?

oh so far i got a moisturizer and i'm waiting for some sabino moisture block samples before school, so i can possibly wear my hair straight during school :wink:

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You guys need to try Fruit of the Earth Aloe vera gel.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • lehcarbylehcarby Posts: 13Registered Users
    haha I do, at least usually (the generic CVS avg is alcohol-free and fragrance-free and all that, as well). It's still a bit hard to resist shopping around online though...
    cg since 7/17/08 :wink:

3a/b
    currently still somewhat in transition...

in love with:
    vo5 vanilla mint tea
    suave naturals lavender
    la bella lots of curls
    FOTE
    shea butter
    herbal essences set me up
  • smo6767smo6767 Posts: 409Registered Users
    I used to buy new products all the time, but i just started making my own out of herbs, bcause the fancy products dont work as well as homemade herbal ones. It's easy for me to make herbal hair stuff because i live next to a greenhouse that my mom owns, so thats actually probably why i do it so much! The only thing I buy is conditioner (I only found recipes for natural conditioner with egg or mayo. No way i'm using that.) For you pj's, try texturizer or pomade if you want more piecy curls. It works for me! It looks like you just got back from swimming in the ocean when your hair dries. Gl! :compress:
    ICONATOR_bb56511c0b5e53f5d21289611d11a822.gif
  • N.D. AubeN.D. Aube Posts: 87Registered Users
    I lie to my dad and tell him the products he bought me last month (giovanni and carol's daughter) were used up. So he takes me hair product shopping when i actually have prods at home already. I'm just so into trying new things.
    comic-p.jpg
    Type; 3c-4a
    Prods: TBA
    My hair HATES Vo5 & Suave with a passion, b/c of the dmdm hydantoin. Protein sensitive.
  • N.D. AubeN.D. Aube Posts: 87Registered Users
    There's this lovely texturizer/pomade in this whole food store, but is it better to apply when wet or dry, smo?
    comic-p.jpg
    Type; 3c-4a
    Prods: TBA
    My hair HATES Vo5 & Suave with a passion, b/c of the dmdm hydantoin. Protein sensitive.
  • smo6767smo6767 Posts: 409Registered Users
    It depends what kind it is. Look on the instructions. If it doesn't say, just do whatever's easiest.
    ICONATOR_bb56511c0b5e53f5d21289611d11a822.gif
  • lorrnaelorrnae Posts: 134Registered Users
    jjnellie wrote: »
    pj-ism strikes again!

I bought mine at whole foods . There isnt one near my house but the one near my job has a separate building for whole foods body which isnt a place for ne product junkie of any sort. It has hair and body products, supplements and all that good stuff. ahhhh

I set my budget for $200 excluding restocking how nasty is that ?! lol

They aslo sell Giovanni and Aubrey organics products at the Vitamin Shoppe.
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/index.jsp?st=ps&source=YI&campaign=VitaminShoppe_TLP&gcid=C19283x009&keyword=vitamin_shoppe
    Just use the store locator.
    4a/Fine Strands/Medium Length/Low Porosity
    http://members.fotki.com/Lorrnae/ (still editing)
    PW:curlygal
    My product routine is currently a work in progress.
  • ILovejuiceboxesILovejuiceboxes Posts: 50Registered Users
    Haha my mom and I are both major product junkies.
    Problem is? We can't go off and buy products all the time. We have to wait until the old one is empty or else my dad gives us crap. Also, my mom has African American hair and I have looser curls than her since my dad had straight hair, so we have to use different products. She feels so bad for me because I don't know what to do that she buys products for me. Not that I'm complaining, but she has hair that could be beautiful if she wasn't using the wrong products.
    My hair is stubborn. What I thought would help me only resulted in horrible, damaged hair. Straightening my hair is now the only reasonable thing I can do. So, I am no longer CG. Not until my hair gets fixed.
    Goal- Long, shiny locks! Currently shoulder length when curly. Goal is to reach around right below chest area. Wish me luck! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file