is there build up at all?

alright. i havent shampooed my hair since the very beginning of june and have been co washing basically everyday since with herbal essences and suave coconut. i dont rinse conditioner out, i basically use it as a moisturizer/styler.
what im trying to ask is do even need to shampoo ever? bc it always leaves my hair feeling dry and straw-like.
3c/4a fotki [update 4/18/09]
blog
approaching BSL
BC 4/26/08! Last relaxer April '07

:wav:
aussie moist /suave coconut conditioner (cowash/leave-in)
long aid activator gel
random condish+honey+olive oil+cocnut milk+whole milk+conditioner (DT)
finger combing>>>>Tangle Teaser

Comments

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    You don't have to shampoo unless there's a reason to.

I always wash out the conditioner that I co-washed with and then add more, though (often a different one). By co-washing, I want that to remove sweat and dirt and skin cells and stuff, so I want to rinse that one out.
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No, many of the girls on here don't use a shampoo. However, have you noticed any buildup with washing your scalp with CO everyday?
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • kathymackkathymack Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Which Herbal Essence conditioner? Most have 'cones, so you may be experiencing build up. Someone else just said they were using the Totally Twisted conditioner.
    It has CyclopentaSiloxane.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kerlydookerlydoo Posts: 253Registered Users
    Sorry to guano.

Kathymac, your hair looks fantabulous in your new avator pic! I love the big loopy curls!

I love the cut, or shape of your hair too!
    3a/3b, m/iii, color treated, parched
  • kathymackkathymack Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kerlydoo wrote: »
    Sorry to guano.

Kathymac, your hair looks fantabulous in your new avator pic! I love the big loopy curls!

I love the cut, or shape of your hair too!

Thanks for noticing. Got it cut last Saturday. I've been trying to take a picture that shows the cut and curls. It really hard.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katherinelovesevryonekatherinelovesevryone Posts: 230Registered Users
    im not really sure if its building up or not. how can u tell?
    3c/4a fotki [update 4/18/09]
    blog
    approaching BSL
    BC 4/26/08! Last relaxer April '07

:wav:
    aussie moist /suave coconut conditioner (cowash/leave-in)
    long aid activator gel
    random condish+honey+olive oil+cocnut milk+whole milk+conditioner (DT)
    finger combing>>>>Tangle Teaser
  • eweniqueewenique Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your conditioners probably have 'cones, 'xanes, or 'conols. These will build up and need a sulfate shampoo to remove. So...you probably do have buildup and need to use a sulfate shampoo. If you want to go shampoo-less, then you can't use any products with those ingredients. Otherwise, you will need to shampoo at least once a week.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file