God help me!

CurlyJoshuaCurlyJoshua Posts: 49Registered Users
My hair is egh.And it seems like my hair is getting more dry! And poofy..This cant be happening to me lol.I havnt used shampoo in like 7 months other then this clarifying shampoo i used from great clips after i used this method i mixed 2 table spoons of castor oil with hot water and left in hair for a minute to 2 minutes then tried rinsing out wouldnt come out so i panic'd and ran to kitchen and used dawn dish soap... :[ to remove the grease and oils from my hair my hair was so nasty oily from the castor oil that it was like black and shiny and wet and nasty. After i used the dawn dish soap.. i used this conditioner i got from walgreens lol an boy it didnt help a bit.i want my hair to be naturally oily not from using a vegatable oil or a product its kinda dry and poofy if i could get my hair back to getting oily because not washing with shampoo or anything that would be great! please help and suggest on what i should do im only a 16 year old boy i have no experience in cosmotology or anything like this :[

Conditioner i used
Below with ingredients took a while to read the little container and type it up :[
Africa's Best Maximum Strength super grow
here are the ingrediants.i used this like 3-4 times.

Petrolatum,isopropyl,myristate,coconut oil,cocoa butter,almond oil,sesame seed oil,olive oil,castor oil,carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, And rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract,and arnica montana flower extract and capsicum frutescens fruit,extract,and echinacea purpurea extract, and centella asiatica extract and cola acuminata seed extract, acetamide MEA , Hydrolyzed hair keratin,Panthnol,Soritbol,Sodium cocoyl collagen amino acid,cocoyl sarcosine, Wheat germ acid, Wheat germ oil,Linolenic acid,linoleic acid,sulfur,Polysorbate 80,oleth 10,jojoba oil,tocopheryl acetate,Hydrolyzed lycosaminoglycans,Propylene glycol and urtica dioica (nettle) extract and nasturtium officinale extract and salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, methyl paraben,propyl paraben,Fragnance,cayenne pepper,ginseng,Black pepper

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    The conditioner looks fine to me but I'm terrible at ingredients so hopefuly someone will chime in.

How often do you CO wash? My hair has way more natural oil now that I only fully wet my hair every 4th or 5th. Really keeps the volume and frizz down to. If natural oil is what you're going for that may help.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • CurlyJoshuaCurlyJoshua Posts: 49Registered Users
    Oh jeesh ermm i dont do anything to my hair i stoped using chemicals like 6 or 7 months ago all i use it my hands and the water from my shower lolz everytime i use something on my hair it always makes it dryed out and poof :[
  • kat180kat180 Curl Novice Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    If you aren't using anything but water on your hair I would say its probably dry and poofy because it need moisture. I would try to find a cheap natural conditioner to use on your hair. If your hair felt dry after using the conditioner above you could be protein sensitive. That conditioner does have wheat in it, though it looks quite far down the list, it might be affecting you. Also the main way to stop the poofy hair is to use a gel to hold its shape when wet, search around on the boards for a gd one, as your don't shampoo you don't want a gel that can't be washed out without sulphates. Once dry scrunch out the crunchy feeling the gel leaves. Gd luck
  • EponaBlackhorseEponaBlackhorse Curl Neophyte Posts: 304Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not sure but I think the castor oil in the conditioner isn't good.
    3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
    Poo: KC Come Clean
    Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
    Leave-in: KCKT
    Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
    Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
    Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/sets/72157610671796089/
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Curl Neophyte Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Petrolatum,isopropyl,myristate,coconut oil,cocoa butter,almond oil,sesame seed oil,olive oil,castor oil,carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, And rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract,and arnica montana flower extract and capsicum frutescens fruit,extract,and echinacea purpurea extract, and centella asiatica extract and cola acuminata seed extract, acetamide MEA , Hydrolyzed hair keratin,Panthnol,Soritbol,Sodium cocoyl collagen amino acid,cocoyl sarcosine, Wheat germ acid, Wheat germ oil,Linolenic acid,linoleic acid,sulfur,Polysorbate 80,oleth 10,jojoba oil,tocopheryl acetate,Hydrolyzed lycosaminoglycans,Propylene glycol and urtica dioica (nettle) extract and nasturtium officinale extract and salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, methyl paraben,propyl paraben,Fragnance,cayenne pepper,ginseng,Black pepper

If you're not using a strong sulfate shampoo, you're basically using Vaseline. It's the first ingredient. This is a big no-no for the no-shampoo regimen.

And maybe your hair doesn't need a bunch of proteins anymore.

Otherwise it doesn't contain any silicones, which is good for the no-shampoo regimen.
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    Vaseline followed by rubbing alcohol are the first two ingredients. Please throw away this product.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Curl Neophyte Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Riot Crrl wrote: »
    Vaseline followed by rubbing alcohol are the first two ingredients. Please throw away this product.

I didn't see that. I read it as isopropyl myristate, as one ingredient, not separate.

Yeah, if it's isopropyl alcohol, that's rubbing alcohol & very drying.
    lazy loops wrote: »

I didn't see that. I read it as isopropyl myristate, as one ingredient, not separate.

Yeah, if it's isopropyl alcohol, that's rubbing alcohol & very drying.

Oh yeah, maybe the comma is a typo. If so it's Liquid Wrench.
    Liquid wrench! :lol:
    I thought it was funny, not that I didn't believe you. But oh wow!
    Isopropyl Myristate and it's Chemical Cousins
    One of the worse offenders is a penetrating oil called isopropyl myristate, the major ingredient in a can of penetrating rust remover, Liquid Wrench. Isopropyl Myristate helps cosmetics apply more smoothly and gives them a slicker, sheer feel. This particular penetrating oil is so aggressive that if left over night in a beaker will actually migrate over the top, down the sides and onto the table top. There are may chemicals similar to isopropyl myristate in cosmetics. The most common are: isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl isothermal, putty sterate, isostearyl neopentonate, myristyl myristate, decyl oleate, octyl sterate, octyl palmitate and isocetyl stearate and PPG myristyl propionate. All must be avoided, as must other surfactants such as laureth-4.
    Uh O spaghetti O'es lol i dont use it anymore but i dont want to use a shampoo or conditioner on my hair i just want my naturally oily hair back lol that sounds weird but its better then my hair being poofy and dry.Oh please help me and you girls are sweethearts for helping :D
    If you don't want to use shampoo or conditioner then it stands to reason your options are just water only. Or, no water.

You might have to shampoo to get that Super Grow out, though.
    hmm lol umm could my hair be in a trapped box and be dry and poofy because i used dawn dis soap to get this castor oil out and then used this great clips clarifyer and then used this africas best super gro deep conditioner:[ what should i do to get those out :[ its been atleast a month since i had the castor oil in my hair and the dawn dish soap but lol is there anything i could do and thanks your really sweet for helping me :p
    If it were me, I'd clarify with sulfate shampoo, and then get to work deep conditioning it with CG conditioner and oil. But if you don't want to use conditioner or oil ever again, you might have to clarify with the sulfate shampoo, then wait a while while trying to move the natural oil from the roots to the ends. That will take time and there will be puffiness in the interim.
  • kat180kat180 Curl Novice Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    riot crrl and lazy loops- I think its just amazing how you can identify ingredients!
    curlyjoshua - I agree with the above I think your gonna have to shampoo it out, maybe do a couple just to make sure. Do consider using some conditioner though, your hair will look fab! Gd luck!
    Well whats a natural sulfate shampoo can anyone help me on this.Not to expensive either im only kid and i have no job and my dad is one of those people that dont care what type of shampoo or anything they use.Like what are some name brands i live in us. Thanks for the help :D i really appreciate it
    Sulfate are synthesized detergents. Natural sulfate shampoo is kind of an oxymoron.

It can however be had quite cheaply. Suave, Vo5, White Rain, should all do the job.
    Please excuse me for asking but what is this sulfate shampoo sopose to do?
    Allow myself to quote myself:
    You might have to shampoo to get that Super Grow out, though.
    lol wow i feel dumb but wouldnt my hair get more dry and poofy by using a sulfate shampoo?
    Oh yes, it certainly will. You then have the choice to rehab it with a better conditioner, or, wait for your natural oils to coat it again, which will take time.

Or, you can forego the shampoo. But I don't know if some of the Super Grow ingredients are going anywhere any time soon.
    So say i wash my hair with suave [naturals] tropical cocanut shampoo this is 1 of the shampoos you were talking about correct :P? now i no this will make my hair dry and poofy but will this be the only thing i have to wash my hair with to get the super gro ingredients out?and will my natural oils come back soon if i choose to use the suave tropical cocanut shampoo?
    I don't know about soon. It takes time for them to move down from the roots to the ends. Your hair looks somewhat long in your avatar.

In my case, my hair is long enough and processed enough that I don't believe I could ever get it completely coated with natural oil of my scalp. At least not before my ends dried out and broke off. So, I use conditioner and oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file