Who is growing out their bangs?

This is tough! Right now I am at nose length and it isn't pretty. I either have to lightly straighten and try to blend it in or leave it curly and fight kinks. I'm also having trouble getting height now that my bangs are going. Sigh. I think it will be so much better when they are longer but I'm having doubts. Am I right???
3B: very thick, fine, easily weighed down by products

Current styling products:
Biolage Gelee or BRHG on top of
KCKT as a leave in or CK when humid
or just Joiwhip alone for moderate weather conditions

Comments

• curlyclaudiacurlyclaudia Posts: 416Registered Users
    me,me! Actually trying to grow all of it, I clip the bangs as they are drying for height. Let's hang in there together.:wink:
    3b, modified CG, short inverted bob living in Central Jersey
    Current faves: no poo, HE Hello Hydration, ck, Shea Moisture, Mixed Chicks
    PW colombia
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyclaudia/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Another set of bangs here. They are currently below my eyebrows when wet. I clip them off to the sides as they dry so that they blend in better but I'm starting to get annoyed by the huge wave it turns into. I don't want to go back to straightening them but it's tough.

I plan on keeping my bangs but I want them long enough so that there isn't too much of a distinction between my bangs and the rest of my hair.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • coxplus2coxplus2 Posts: 181Registered Users
    Me too! Mine are just at the tip of my nose when wet. They're completely different from the rest of my hair. Not really wavy, but not really straight. I'm so tempted to chop them off, but I know that will only make it worse! It's frustrating! I have no patience when it comes to my bangs.
    Somewhere between a 2c & 3a
    Liking:
    -Suave Naturals or VO5 (co-wash)
    -GVP Conditioning Balm (conditioner)
    -L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss (conditioner)
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in or GVP Conditioning Balm as leave-in
    -Flax seed gel (my favorite right now)
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    I have bangs now, and I love 'em!
  • lcaste1lcaste1 Posts: 105Registered Users
    Mine are mid nose length and I cannot stand them. They either stand up straight or do a little Charlie's Angels flip which looks ridiculous when the rest of my hair is curly. See this is what happens when I try to be trendy and cut bangs! So not I am forced to clip them to the side.
    Starting my curly resolution! 3a/3b with some waves thrown in. Haven't been CG in a while. Need product suggestions.
  • riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Last time I grew mine out, I face framing layers cut into the hair near the face to blend them. Its a flattering look, though if your curls are tight (3b and beyond) I don't know if it will work as well.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • ibraidhairibraidhair Posts: 343Registered Users
    When I first took to growing mine out several years ago, they were eyebrow length. There was no letting them be. I did alot of clipping and straightening until they were long enough to curl with the rest of my hair. It's just one of those stages that will eventually pass.
  • lovincurls41lovincurls41 Posts: 186Registered Users Curl Novice
    My bangs have finally reached to the bottom of my nose but i can't figure out how to style them. i still pull up the sides of my hair with a flexi 8 leaving some of my bangs hanging down to the side. They curl nicely but I am dying to wear it all down...just have too much hair to do that. ( i am a reformed hair thinner too) I'm hoping that once my bangs are chin length i will have something to work with. Its definately a struggle with this in between stage.

P.s. My husband loves my hair but can't stand it when its hanging over my eyes sigh.....
  • scorpiofirescorpiofire Posts: 122Registered Users
    i'm growing mine too, its almost to the tip of my nose now. Not quite long enough for a complete ringlet yet so i bought some cute headbands.
    Colored shoulder lenght ,3A/3B, fine hair but lots of it

http://public.fotki.com/scorpiofire/

pw:maxime

currently using:
    suave tropical coconut, apple or tangerine conditioner to co-wash
    condition with Live clean or L'Oreal pro vive
    Loo-poo every 2 wks with Live clean
    Styling combos:
    Just got some jessicurl products last week and loving the results
    AG re:coil, biolage gelee or BHRG
    Catwalk curls amplifier,biolage gelee

Banned products:
    CK

Total PJ ,can you tell?
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm growing my bangs out too. I've had bangs since I was 3 and finally two years ago had them all grown out. For some stupid reason I cut bangs back in this winter right before I figured out my hair was changing from straight to curly.

Ugggghhhh. Bangs are so frustrating. Right now they're almost to the tip of my nose when dry and don't curl nearly as much as the rest of my head so look really weird. I pull them straight back with a tiny claw clip.

As the little sign in our garden says, "Grow Dammit!" :laughing7:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • ringletmama2ringletmama2 Posts: 321Registered Users
    Looks like I'm not alone. Let's hang in there together! I'm determined to make it all the way this time. In the past I've given up right about this stage (nose length) and regretted it. I have had bangs since I was in 7th grade......that was in the 80's. Gulp.
    3B: very thick, fine, easily weighed down by products

Current styling products:
    Biolage Gelee or BRHG on top of
    KCKT as a leave in or CK when humid
    or just Joiwhip alone for moderate weather conditions
  • chicacanelachicacanela Posts: 184Registered Users
    me too :( mine hang about mid nose. it looks sooo odd. i don't wear my hair out right now, and i'm hoping for chin length by december.
    3c/4a 100% natural:bunny:
    I :love8: Tahitian Monoi Oil.
    Current Faves: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap (hands, face and hair), Cabellina del Cabello, Eco Styler with Argan oil, Sesame seed oil
    Conditioner Only Method.
    http://public.fotki.com/peabella
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    I have always had bangs. Maybe I should live a little and hop on the bang grow train:wink:
  • ibraidhairibraidhair Posts: 343Registered Users
    Looks like I'm not alone. Let's hang in there together! I'm determined to make it all the way this time. In the past I've given up right about this stage (nose length) and regretted it. I have had bangs since I was in 7th grade......that was in the 80's. Gulp.

I had bangs all my life till I was 19. I didn't like the way I looked without them, but I was tired of messing with them. When they were almost to the middle of my back, I cut them again on a whim. (to look more like my "twin" - hey, it was fun being mistaken for each other!) I kept them eyebrow length for a few months and got tired of them again. Since then, I've kept long bangs. I just can't let go completely. lol
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm growing out my bangs and almost there. It's still a few inches shorter than my other hair, but it used to be more noticeable. One hair dresser thought having bangs would be cute...so for over a year (maybe 2 years? I lost track of time), I've had this poofy look (too much volume on the sides). It's looking better now, and I'm afraid to get my hair cut, even though it's long overdue for a trim. I'm afraid they will cut too much off my bangs.
    I don't know how I want my hair to look, but I do know I don't like the poofy-on-the-sides look.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file