Spinoff: Vegetarians - what do you eat?

badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
I do not eat a lot of meat at the present time (maybe 2-3 servings of turkey and chicken a week), and I'm thinking about cutting down even more. I'm trying to get some ideas of good, healthy vegetarian meals. If you're a vegetarian (or even eat veg most of the time), would you please share what you eat on a typical day or even just a few balanced vegetarian meal ideas? I'd be very grateful! :)

Comments

• SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I'd say 75% of my diet is organic.

1. Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 servings of oatmeal, 1 fruit, 1 yogurt.

2. Lunch: Salad, 1 piece of cornbread, 1 cup of 13 bean soup, vegetable (usually broccoli), some form of potatoes or rice.

3. Supper: Spaghetti & garlic bread; mac'n'cheese with veggies; beans, cornbread, and rice. You get the idea. always a large salad.

I eat fruit/veggies between meals. My nighttime snack varies time to time. I like salty (chips or pretzels) for a while and then I'll want sweet (cookies or something like it). My meals stay pretty much the same. I just swap out veggies or starches.

My salads always have broccoli, zuccini, yellow squash, red onions, baby carrots, and several other types of veggies.

All my blood works is perfect, total cholesterol is 165, my iron levels are finally normal.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Salad with extras - dark spinach, arugula and other greens, tomatoes, mushrooms, raw broccoli, eggs or soft flavoured tofu, or I add corn, beans, salsa, almonds.... any number of things, with an olive oil-balsamic vinegar dressing.

Pasta salad with whole wheat pasta, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.

Whole wheat angel hair pasta with a light marinara sauce and grilled veggies - broccoli, mushrooms, etc.

Brown rice salad - cold brown rice, spinach leaves, cashew nuts, mushrooms, red pepper etc. and a balsamic vinegar/low-sodium soy sauce dressing.

Warm brown rice with kale, spinach and other veggies.

Curried veggies, lentils, and/or chickpeas.

Whole wheat pita, hummus and fresh veggies.

Home-made veggie soups and stews.

Caribbean dishes involving okra, cornmeal, various veggies and fruits, yams, etc. (callalloo soup, jug jug etc.)

Cuban lasagna with just the veggies and no cheese or soy cheese.

Stir-fries.

Huevos rancheros.

Oatmeal/cornmeal/farina with fruit.

Rice milk smoothies with protein powder or tofu.

I'll often just throw together a salad and then a plate with whatever is handy - today I had a plate of sweet potatoes, cassava, boiled corn on the cob, red beans, asparagus and a boiled egg. I go for mostly protein and vegetables and if I have carbs I don't do it too often, don't have much and go for the brown variety.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I certainly don't have the healthiest diet in the world, but I try to eat well most of the time. Here are my usuals:

Breakfast:
    -Cereal with or without fruit
    -Oatmeal
    -On weekends, egg & cheese sandwich or veggie/cheese omelette, or pancakes or something like that

Lunch:
    -PB & J or PB & banana sandwich
    -Boca burger (sometimes spread with mashed avocado)
    -Grilled cheese and tomato soup
    -Lentil soup
    -When I was working outside the home I got a lot of frozen dinners, favorite was Smart Ones fettucine alfredo with broccoli
    -When out, I love a grilled veggie panini

Dinner: (I usually drink milk with dinner for extra protein)
    -Rice, broccoli with melted cheese
    -Pasta with regular sauce
    -Pasta dish with spinach and canellini beans tossed with olive oil and parmesan cheese
    -Eggplant parm (at restaurants)
    -"Breakfast" for dinner
    -Black beans and rice
    -Bean burrito
    -Mashed potatoes and a veggie
    -Cheese or broccoli pizza

Snacks:
    -Handful of berries
    -Carrots with hummus
    -Apple or banana with peanut butter
    -A few prunes
    -A couple handfuls of cashews or peanuts
    -Chocolate milk (I know it's a drink but I find it very satisfying)
    -String cheese or Babybel cheese
    -Cheese and crackers

And as an example of a day... today I had Cheerios with banana and milk for breakfast, strawberries for a mid-morning snack, Boca burger with 1 slice of cheese on a whole wheat bun for lunch, "[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]milkshake[/buylink]"; (1 cup chocolate milk, frozen banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter all blended together) after exercising, some cashews as afternoon snack, dinner was rice (1/2 white 1/2 wild) and steamed broccoli with melted cheese and a big glass of milk. Dessert was ice cream :)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • goldygoldy Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    today:

english muffin with peanut butter
    baked potato, salad and strawberries
    homemade pizza (fresh tomato, garlic, a little cheese), sauteed spinach and asparagus
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    Here's another Caribbean-inspired dish - veggies and tofu cooked in coconut milk and spices with a little rice or a paratha roti/tortilla or over cornmeal or farina.

I also love baked sweet potatoes, red bell peppers or tomatoes stuffed with lentils and veggies and baked with a little applesauce or crushed pineapple.

Home-made pizza or paninis or pita sandwiches are always good ones, too.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I'm a big fan of beans and whole grain rice mixed with a chunky tomato salsa. I could eat this every day.
    Lots of salads, there are so many leafy greens/fruits to toss in the mix and dressing, tons to choose from.
    I adore nuts, all kinds.
    I have fruit smoothies for breakfast every morning.
    Egg salad sandwiches, ravioli, pasta salads, fresh baked bread, peanut butter, oatmeal, boca burgers, tofu, falafels, hummus with pita / celery, omelets loaded with fresh veggies ...I could easily go for weeks without eating meat.
    2b/3a.
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Curl Neophyte Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm Indian, so most of the time, I'm eating Indian food. And my culture automatically provides me with easy ideas for vegetarian foods. That's why you don't see much soy in my diet:

Breakfast:
    -Oatmeal
    -Generic Rice Crispies, Frosted Mini Wheats, or Cheerios
    -Fruit and some granola bars
    -Yogurt and homemade granola
    -Pancakes on weekends

Lunch:
    -Indian food (rice with vegetable curry and a soup type thing or rice dumplings)
    -Pita with homemade hummus
    -Pizzas made on bagels or bread or English Muffins
    -Veggie sandwiches
    -Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato and red onion
    -Pastas
    -Salad. I am very particular about salads, as the traditional ones don't fill me up. I need dark greens as the base, plus carrots, cucumber, tomato, often fruits, egg, chickpeas, and my new obsession, avocado

Dinner:
    -Indian food
    -Pasta
    -Mac 'n' cheese with spices, etc.
    -Ramen (hey, I am a poor college student!)

Snacks are usually crackers with cheese, yogurts or cottage cheese with fruit, cookies, bananas (eat one a day, usually), prunes, and ice cream.

ETA: I don't usually eat too many unhealthy snacks, as I'm not a big eater anyway. Often, for my B vitamins, I'll have a cup of Milo or other fortified chocolate drink.
  • midgimidgi Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    In general, I eat:

-Fruits (right now, the ones in season like watermelon, mango, pineapple)
    -Veggies (I eat A LOT of potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, garlic, spinach, carrots)
    -Whole wheat breads, bagels, muffins
    -Beans
    -At the grocery store I like MorningStar products, Amy's products, Follow Your Heart products, Rice Dream Rice Milk, and Silk Vanilla Soymilk (only Vanilla. I don't really like any other ones)

There's also a whole bunch of brands that I grew up with that I still eat like Keebler, Cocoa Puffs and Apple Jacks, Jello pudding, Tostitos...
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • NotinabottleNotinabottle Posts: 303Registered Users
    To be honest, I don't eat very well. Most days I only eat one solid meal a day, but I love cooking and experimenting with new veggie meals. So here goes.

Breakfast-
    Coffee please (I really can't eat early in the morning, my stomache just isnt ready for food yet. I try and i usually just gag, its weird, I know.)
    You could try granola though.
    Oh or smoothies or shakes. I found a really good one with soy milk, berries or fruit of some sort and oatmeal all blended together.

Lunch-
    I love soups, and I love making them because I always have leftovers to freeze and pull out when I don't feel like cooking.
    Whole wheat Pitas with a chickpea sandwich filling. I substitute crushed chickpeas for chicken salad or tuna salad recipes, it's really quite tasty.
    Lots of times lunch consists of leftover dinner too

Dinner-
    Lots of times I just use some sort of veggie and convert my old favorite meat recipes. Like meatballs made with eggplant or walnuts(this one was particularly delicious), or tofu instead of chicken.
    Veggie pot pie
    Veggie burgers- I'm fond of black bean burgers.
    Veggie tacos with TSP instead of beef.
    Falafel
    I'm a big pasta fan, tonight I had it with olive oil, garlic and spices and broccoli.
    I also keep some frozen veggie meals around for when I dont have time/feel like cooking. Amy's pesto pasta bowls are tasty.
    3a/b Thick, dry, in need of a haircut.
    HG's: Giovannia Smooth as Silk Conditioner and Aura Hypoallergenic Gel.

Whee a fotki!http://public.fotki.com/Notinabottle/
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    Well I eat basically everything except for meat! Seriously... I am a human vacuum cleaner, haha. But since other people are doing it, I guess I'll post a few ideas of what I have for meals, etc.

BREAKFAST
    - 1/2 grapefruit with a bowl of cereal & soy milk or eggs or toast
    - pancakes and soy sausage
    - fruit smoothie with a spoonful or two of flax
    - yogurt with granola and fruit
    - breakfast crepes
    - banana in soy milk
    - rice and fruit
    - typical breakfast things really... oh and I usually don't drink milk, just soy milk

LUNCH/DINNER
    - salad with EVERYTHING on top
    - veggie sandwiches with cheese and/or hummus
    - pb&j sandwich
    - pb&banana sandwich
    - veggie burger (the kind made with actual vegetables, not soy or other stuff like that) with lots of veggies and sometimes cheese
    - soups
    - rice and veggies
    - stir fry veggies and tofu/tempeh with rice or noodles
    - pasta

So basically anything you eat, but if a recipe calls for meat I replace it with a fake meat or with tofu or tempeh. It's easy! A lot of people think it's really hard to eat vegetarian, but it's actually really easy if you're just a bit creative. There isn't really a replacement for a pork roast dinner or ribs or something like that, but I think it's better to eat meals that include other food groups anyways. I try to eat mostly FRESH stuff, with a minimal amount of added ingredients or prep. Oh and I also try to eat mostly organic, and I drink a lot of green tea. And eat a lot of desserts. :)

I was even vegan for a while, which was really difficult since I live with my family so I can't make my own meals or buy my own foods. I'm lucky enough to be one of 5 vegetarians in my house! Only my dad eats meat. So that definitely makes it easier.

OK so some meal ideas...

Well I already mentioned some but here's some more detailed lunch/dinner ideas.

- Tonight I had an AMAZING sandwich! I marinated some tempeh in a soy sauce type marinade, grilled it up and put it on a bun with a homemade peanut sauce and shredded cabbage/carrots with sesame seeds and some rice vinegar. DELICIOUS! Had it with a side of broccoli and cauliflower.

- Cook up a bunch of your favorite veggies (or you can buy some GREAT bags of frozen mixed veggies from Trader Joe's or whatever store you shop at, but especially TJ's. Frozen veggies and fruit are actually really good for you because they're frozen when they have a peak amount of vitamins/minerals and they don't lose very much of them.) in a wok or pan with some soy sauce (I sub "Bragg's" for soy sauce. It tastes the same and is SO good for you!), rice vinegar or sherry, ginger, garlic, corn starch, fresh herbs and/or lemon juice. Throw some tofu, tempeh, or fake meat in too (Quorn is absolutely the best, most delicious and "realistic" brand). Pile it over a bowl of rice, brown is best. Enjoy with a yummy Asian pear!

- Top jasmine or brown rice with a yellow curry, shredded coconut, chopped eggplants, spinach leaves, golden raisins, and some optional tofu/tempeh/fake chicken. Very yummy.

There are some awesome cookbooks out there too, like the Moosewood Cookbook, Garden of Vegan, and How it all Vegan (OK the last 2 are vegan but still SOOO good). Those are my favorites.

Good luck with your quest for healthy meals! Once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite easy and you learn to make better choices when you're out as well.
  • iaraiara Posts: 1,199Registered Users
    Typical day:
    Breakfast
    Lowfat plain dairy yogurt with fruits, oat bran, and nuts mixed in

Lunch:
    Wilted leafy green with tomatoes, onions, and herbs
    Tofu grilled with south american or mediterranean spices
    Brown basmati

Dinner:
    Bean (cooked dried beans not canned) salad with
    Avocado
    herbs
    Bell peppers
    Other vegetables
    Tomatoes
    Olive oil
    Balsamic vinegar or lemon juice

And a whole grain tortilla

Snack
    Handful of nuts
    Homemade fruit pudding

I make adjustments for lunch and dinner when I get cravings, dine out, or holiday, but this is typical.

I eat pasta a few times a month. My body does not tolerate dairy, except yogurt, so I avoid it most of the time. I do eat cheese a few times a month. I only eat eggs when I crave them, which is once or twice a year. I love them scrambled in butter or deviled. I do not eat processed vegetarian "meat" or burgers. On a typical day I get over the recommended amount of protein for my height and weight so I think I am doing all right.
    You cannot invite someone to your house in the Hamptons and when she arrives, not let her stay. Tacky. Very Tacky. ~ East Village hipster.

People in Ward Three disdain three things: cleavage, hunting and dumb people who are richer than they are. ~ David Brooks

Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. ~Armaments 2:9-21
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    not a vegetarian, but I play one from time to time.

one of my favorite breakfasts is a poached or sunnyside up egg + rustic italian bread or ciabatta toast + slice of cheese (swiss preferably) + slices of avocado + slight drizzle of olive oil, salt & freshly cracked black pepper.

Last night's dinner was vegetarian. I made a killer vegetarian soup. Pureed cauliflower + roasted garlic + the soft cheese you use for making fondue.

Side dishes were couscous (the instant kind with garlic) with roasted cashews, sundried tomatoes and raisins

Braised german red cabbage (cabbage, onion,green apple, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, salt/pepper to taste).

Braising vegetables are a wonderful way to get an earthy heavy satistfying feeling to your meal. Roasting cauliflower with garlic, fresh herbs and olive oil is also quite satisfying.
    hello.world.
    How could I forget couscous, bulgar, etc. and all the salads and dishes you can make (tabbouleh with avocado is a favourite) or bean salads and dishes with cooked dry beans? I too love avocado and eat it with everything. Sometimes I make guacamole and use it as a sandwich spread. I have a peanut allergy and severe lactose intolerance, so I am missing two protein sources a lot of other people have and I also do not like the fake veggie meats/burgers (I like homemade patties from lentils, falafel style) so beans are very important in my diet.

.png

534Pm5.png

• webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    almost forgot one more: Eggplant. Very hearty and can be substituted for meat in some dishes. Eggplant parm, Ratatoule (Yes, I know I butchered that spelling).

My favorite eggplant dish is japanese eggplant sliced lenghwise. Grill briefly on both sides just to get it soft.

Then put a smear of white miso on top. Put in the broiler until it gets all bubbly on top.
    hello.world.
  • hennabrainhennabrain Posts: 221Registered Users
    i'm vegan and i used to eat very well. lately, my diet has not been great - food prices went up, my salary stayed down, and i don't have time to cook. however, i still do ok with the basics. today's menu:

breakfast -
    1 nectarine
    2 slices of toast with soynut butter and a tiny bit of agave nectar
    1 cup red tea

snack -
    an apple

lunch -
    pasta twists with my all purpose chick pea dish: tomatoes, chick peas, green beans, parsley, garlic, and lemon
    green salad with celery, red pepper, and carrots, with a simple vinaigrette

dinner -
    spaghetti with red sauce, white beans, and spinach, if i have time to cook
    if not, maybe toast with avocado, or toast with veggie chili from trader joe's
    canned peaches for dessert
    I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy.

- Mitch Hedberg
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Thank you for all the great ideas! I'm really excited. I already eat fairly healthy, but this reminds me that one of the big things I'm lacking is VARIETY! Now that it's summer I have some time to experiment with different veggies, whole grains, and other ingredients. I'm excited!
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    hennabrain wrote: »
    lunch -
    pasta twists with my all purpose chick pea dish: tomatoes, chick peas, green beans, parsley, garlic, and lemon

Yum, can I get some of that all purpose chick pea dish fedexed to me asap, TIA.
    2b/3a.
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Your inspiration lead to a very good dinner tonight: grilled veggies (summer squash, zucchini, eggplant, red pepper, and onion) with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil served on garlic flat bread with a little melted parmesan/mozzarella cheese mix. So good that we didn't miss the meat at all!

I also have about four cups of leftover grilled veggies that I will be able to eat as leftovers for the next few days. Mmmmm!
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Great thread! I was vegetarian for a long time, and then started eating seafood. Now I eat everything except for red meat and gamey meats like lamb and turkey.

I love food so would eat lots of ethnic food as a vegetarian. There are so many wonderful non-meat options at indian, chinese, thai, korean, japanese, middleeastern and mexican restaurants. Recipes from all of those cuisines work well too, and I also really like hippie style Moosewood restaurant/cookbook food, like the enchanted brocolli forest recipe or stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, beans and spices.

Now, I probably eat the following non-meat meals the most:

- oatmeal
    - salads with tons of stuff in them and light dressings
    - pita with hummus or baba ganoush and tomato and fresh black pepper
    - pita with sliced baked or grilled tofu, tomato, mustards and avocado
    - chickpeas mixed with wholegrains and different ethnic sauces plus fresh or roasted garlic
    - all kinds of roasted vegetables
    - mac and cheese mixed with beans and veggies
    - morningstar farm patties with salsa or whole grains
    - vegetarian soups or stews
    - fresh fruit
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I must have thought this was a vegan thread, since I left out egg dishes, which I like to eat a lot now.

Eggs scrambled/in quiche/ with veggies and cheese/ cooked, sliced and served over rice with sauces are some of my favorites. I also love huevos rancheros and chilaquiles.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    I'm not a total vegetarian but I generally cook that way at home. I just made three bean salad, perfect for summer since it's no cooking. It's not the greatest for vitamins but pretty good for fiber and protein.

I tend to like a lot of legume-heavy dishes. It's easier in the winter I think, when there are hot, long-cooked bean and lentil soups and hot dishes. In the summer it's hummus and three bean salad, lol.
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Keep it coming ladies. I love the details. Or maybe I should say - I need the details!

We'll never be a vegetarian family, but I love having meatless meals, but struggle with what to have, and how to make it.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    Caribbean food uses a lot of chick peas. Curried chick peas can be eaten over rice, or with curried veggies, or in a roti with curried potato and veggies or doubles (you could use a tortilla or wrap) or in soup with dumplings.

Another dish we have is okra in rice cooked in coconut milk with onions and other veggies - mmmm, so good. I use brown basmati rice. Or coo-coo - cornmeal and okra baked in coconut milk. Minus the coconut milk and okra and add tomatoes and black olives and you have polenta.

A mix of cooked spinach and bok choy with spices gives you iron. Again, I cook it in coconut milk and curry.

You can make tacos, fajitas, burritos etc. vegetarian very easily with rice and fresh veggies and beans.

I'll sometimes mash beans up to make a spread for a sandwich or pita or bean cakes. Corn cakes are also good and you can use canned corn. A large grilled portobello mushroom is good - add veggies, spices and a salad on the side.

Samosas, spring rolls. Fried rice with veggies, and egg if you're not vegan. Vegetarian wontons in soup. Banana fritters. Whole wheat pasta tossed with a little olive oil, minced garlic, spinach and beans. Lentils, lentils, lentils. Omelettes. Rice and beans, peas and rice....

Edit: Clearly, ways of eating vary with culture, because for me, eating vegetarian is a non-issue, as it is with Indians and others. We always have a lot of veggies and non-meat protein sources such as lentils and beans in our diets, and not adding the meat doesn't create a big problem or change how you eat. We don't need or crave or want the fake meat substitutes. It's surprising and interesting to see how for others, meat is so huge in their diet that giving it up is a big problem and actually a sacrifice and they need to have meat substitutes and really change the way they eat and think about food. I admire those who are able to make that huge change!

.png

534Pm5.png

• hennabrainhennabrain Posts: 221Registered Users
    hennabrain wrote: »
    lunch -

Yum, can I get some of that all purpose chick pea dish fedexed to me asap, TIA.

it's really easy to make, if you care to try it:

1 big can diced tomatoes in juice (i think 32 oz)
    2 cans chick peas, drained and rinsed (15 oz cans)
    1 big handful curly parsley, washed and chopped
    about 10 oz frozen cut green beans
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    juice of 1 lemon
    1 dash fresh ground black pepper

throw it all in a pot and simmer on med-low heat for about 20 minutes.

serve over pasta, plain rice, or a rice pilaf. i also eat this on toast when i'm too tired to boil water.

makes about 6 servings.
    I hate turtlenecks. Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy.

- Mitch Hedberg
  • curlylauracurlylaura Curl Neophyte Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Riot Crrl wrote: »
    I'm not a total vegetarian but I generally cook that way at home. I just made three bean salad, perfect for summer since it's no cooking. It's not the greatest for vitamins but pretty good for fiber and protein.

I tend to like a lot of legume-heavy dishes. It's easier in the winter I think, when there are hot, long-cooked bean and lentil soups and hot dishes. In the summer it's hummus and three bean salad, lol.

How do you make 3 bean salad?
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Riot Crrl wrote: »

How do you make 3 bean salad?

She may have a different recipe, but I soak my different types of beans, then boil and drain, then toss in a bowl with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, parsley, basil etc. lemon juice and chili, and add chopped onions, garlic, carrots, some tomato or whatever else, and marinate in the fridge for a while.

Another thing no-one has mentioned is vegetarian soup stock - it's good not only for soups and stews but also as a base to flavour things, cook beans or lentils in, etc.

.png

534Pm5.png

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    That would be the proper way. ;)

I used canned beans because I was too hot and annoyed to cook anything.

The beans most often used are garbanzo, kidney and cut green beans. More vegetables are better but it can also be just simple like the beans, onion, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file