whimper...:(

rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
Transitioning here. Last JTR was 13 months ago; did it yearly for 5 years. Miss my curls. Growing out is a real be-atch, but I am determined! For the past 6 weeks I stopped flatironing my roots and instead am using a curling iron on my ends - Reverse Stupidity:( I am thinking of getting a loose perm on the ends to make the grow-out less labor intensive. Any thoughts?
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
    Instead of getting a perm why don't you try roller setting or braid outs!
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
  • NikStarNikStar Posts: 158Registered Users
    I wouldn't do that. I've been transitioning from texturized hair for about a year now, and I definitely think having texturized ends as opposed to straighter ends have made it a lot easier.
    My Fotki *must be logged in to see albums.
    dev043pr___.png
    rm5h0m.jpg
  • NappNapp Posts: 180Registered Users
    maybe try getting a small trim. even ends help alot during the transition. I suggest not getting a perm during the transition. it might get on the newgrowth some how and you will lose quite a bit of progess
  • TooSenseTooSense Posts: 229Registered Users
    I asked several stylists about this when I started transitioning & they said ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I was told putting one chemical process over another would completely fry my hair & I'd probably end up cutting it all off.

PATIENCE! So easy to say & spell, so difficult to practice! :sad8:
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I am hesitant to put chemical on previously processed hair. But right now I'm curl ironing the ends everyday as it is - thats damaging too!! I tried braiding - the texture was too artificial looking with my shoulder length roots:( QUITE A SIGHT :( I did the rollers and it looked okay, but if you breath near them or the humidity goes above 2.5% it droops out ASAP.

The guy did a curl test on me and it went well. I should mention that I am neurotic about my hairs health. And while I was stupid enough to TR it, I have always been careful to get regular trims, do protein treatments (my hair likes them) and deep condition weekly. I know, I'm justifying, but right now I look like a freak of nature!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, newbie here, pix to come)
    My Photobucket Album
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I am hesitant to put chemical on previously processed hair. But right now I'm curl ironing the ends everyday as it is - thats damaging too!! I tried braiding - the texture was too artificial looking with my shoulder length roots:( QUITE A SIGHT :( I did the rollers and it looked okay, but if you breath near them or the humidity goes above 2.5% it droops out ASAP.

The guy did a curl test on me and it went well. I should mention that I am neurotic about my hairs health. And while I was stupid enough to TR it, I have always been careful to get regular trims, do protein treatments (my hair likes them) and deep condition weekly. I know, I'm justifying, but right now I look like a freak of nature!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, newbie here, pix to come)
    My Photobucket Album
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I could be totally wrong but if you perm thermally relaxed hair, it will probably fall out or become so damaged you will have to cut it off. TR hair is so straight and processed that it's best left alone and cut off as more natural hair grows in. After all, I've heard that it's risky to color hair after it has been TR.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    Yes and No Multicurl... I thermaled for 5 years. Depends on what you use to color, how carefully the thermal was done and the health of your hair. Of COURSE my hair is damaged from it, but I minimized it as much as possible by doing regular protein and cond treatments, regular trims and minimal highlights. That having been said.... I'm sure its not good to double process any hair.....whats a chick to do?
    My Photobucket Album
    TooSense, what did you do to cope with the straight hair as your whole head grew in? I've been flat ironing up until now but I am done with that! I'm 13 months into this and curling my hair with a curling iron:(
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file