Wow - Jessicurl rocks my world!

sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
After rediscovering this website a month ago, I decided to try the Curls regime that Brazilian Curls was using. It seemed very easy and low maintenance which is what I like to be. However, just when it seemed like it was getting better, it got worse! I found my hair to be very soft but not too conditioned, not too curly and very frizzy. So I broke down and bought the Jessicurl Full Size Rich Collection and must say that after just a couple of days I have amazing curls! I am still getting a bit of frizz at the ends but am putting some Africa's Best Herbal Oil on there and am totally loving my hair! :D

Hopefully I can keep it up!
316vq4y.jpg

Comments

• kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I love Jessicurl! I hope your hair continues to be awesome! :D
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • lcaste1lcaste1 Posts: 105Registered Users
    sariroo wrote:
    After rediscovering this website a month ago, I decided to try the Curls regime that Brazilian Curls was using. It seemed very easy and low maintenance which is what I like to be. However, just when it seemed like it was getting better, it got worse! I found my hair to be very soft but not too conditioned, not too curly and very frizzy. So I broke down and bought the Jessicurl Full Size Rich Collection and must say that after just a couple of days I have amazing curls! I am still getting a bit of frizz at the ends but am putting some Africa's Best Herbal Oil on there and am totally loving my hair! :D

Hopefully I can keep it up!

I ordered the Rich Collection too! I love it.
    Starting my curly resolution! 3a/3b with some waves thrown in. Haven't been CG in a while. Need product suggestions.
  • BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Did you buy from CurlMart or directly from JESSICURL? What is in the RICH collection? Can you buy trial size collection or just full size?
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • beaglecookiebeaglecookie Posts: 150Registered Users
    I ordered the Rich Jessiecurl also. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I can't wait to try it. I've heard alot of goog things about it and Jessie also seems very helpful.
    Hair almost to waist. Brown with light brown highlights. 3b spiral curls. I love curly hair.

One C, CK, Re:coil, Boots , Abba Weightless, BRHG, Spiral Cream, Curls Ecstasy and Ouidad DT

PW- mymia
    It figuors, I just washed my hair and guess what comes in the mail? Yup Jessicurls. Well I be trying it this weekend. probably Sunday. I'll let you guys know how it does.
    Hair almost to waist. Brown with light brown highlights. 3b spiral curls. I love curly hair.

One C, CK, Re:coil, Boots , Abba Weightless, BRHG, Spiral Cream, Curls Ecstasy and Ouidad DT

PW- mymia
    Well this product didn't really work for me. I was my hair at night and in the morning I touch up. My curls looked more like waves and a couple of hours after I got to work my hair was so big. I did like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin Ringlets[/buylink]. I also haven't tried the DT yet. I'll probably use a different Shampoo and try the conditioner again. I'll mix and match till I find something my hair likes.

PW- mymia
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    All I can say is give it some time. I am still trying to figure out the best Jessicurl regime for my hair. Seems like some days my hair is amazing curls and looks shiny and healthy and others it is poofy and frizzy. And I still have not figured out the second day routine as sometimes my 2nd day is good and others I am almost embarrassed to go out of the house. I hate washing my hair everyday so I have got to figure something out quickly. I'm not too excited about the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Awe-Inspiraling-Spray-p-102.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-awe-inspiraling-spray]Awe Inspiraling Spray[/buylink]. It seems to do nothing for my hair so I am going to play around with making my own reviving spray.

Beaglecookie, keep me posted on your results so maybe we can work it out together. Good luck.
    316vq4y.jpg
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    LOVE your avatar sariroo!

Oh and I am a big fan of some of Jessicurls stuff too. Her new shampoo I hav just started using..or a couple of weeks ago and I love that. I think I have only one HG and that has gotta be the WDT. The only product that has worked for years for me. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink] is great too.

Yeah, love the avatar. Best on this board by far.
    :P :wink: 8) :wink:

• itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Posts: 652Registered Users
    sariroo,
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE your curls! your pictures are AWESOME!
    can you let me know what you're doing for your routine? or are you still figuring it all out?
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
    Awwwwwww, I'm so touched! Thanks itsjustmeghan. I have to say that looking at people's pictures on this site has caused me to care about my hair again. Everyone seems to have great curls or great cuts or great color that I don't seem to have but I guess I am doing something right.

This is going to sound totally crazy but I was cyberstalking you (itsjustmeghan) last year. I saw your pictures of your hair when it was shorter (I think the date was 04-07-05). I saved that picture and even took it to my hairstylist and was going to get my hair cut that short but my husband talked me out of it. Something about how while growing it back out I am unbearable to live with...what?!?! And then, summer passed and I wasn't so hot anymore and I'm glad I kept the length. I see you are growing your hair out. And you are going to be a mom soon. Congrats!

Here is my routine. I am still tweaking it a bit but this seems to work well right now. I am using mostly Jessicurl products. I shampoo with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Hair Cleansing Cream[/buylink] evertime I wash my hair. I condition with Deva OneC and usually put some Too Shea on the ends. I do a very quick rinse so that most of the conditioner is still in my hair. While hair is soaking I put in a bit of Rockin' Ringlets. Then I plop for about 10-20 minutes depending on how late I am for work. When I am done plopping, I put in some more [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink] and some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]Confident Coils[/buylink] (not too much because this seems to make my hair kind of puffy). Then I airdry until it is completely dry. I was putting some herbal oil on the ends of my hair if they looked kind of dry and frizzy but I changed that...I now just put some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink] on the ends and it takes care of everything. Now the 2nd day hair, that is something different altogether...

Does anyone here wash their hair everyday????

And Kurlee, thanks for the compliments on the avatar. I kind of got sick of my last avatar so I thought I needed something kind of cute...hmm, George Clooney? Definitely cute.
    316vq4y.jpg
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Posts: 652Registered Users
    sariroo wrote:
    Awwwwwww, I'm so touched! Thanks itsjustmeghan. I have to say that looking at people's pictures on this site has caused me to care about my hair again. Everyone seems to have great curls or great cuts or great color that I don't seem to have but I guess I am doing something right.

This is going to sound totally crazy but I was cyberstalking you (itsjustmeghan) last year. I saw your pictures of your hair when it was shorter (I think the date was 04-07-05). I saved that picture and even took it to my hairstylist and was going to get my hair cut that short but my husband talked me out of it. Something about how while growing it back out I am unbearable to live with...what?!?! And then, summer passed and I wasn't so hot anymore and I'm glad I kept the length. I see you are growing your hair out. And you are going to be a mom soon. Congrats!

hahaha. and here i am drooling over your pictures! i did toy with the idea of cutting my hair short again lately, but my husband said the SAME thing yours did! :lol: he said i have to get it down to brastrap length before i can cut it at all. and it's not for him, he could care less what length it is... he's been living with me talking about growing my hair long again and how nice it will be...so i'm sure he'd just get tired of hearing that again!
    i'm gonna have to poke through my old pictures and see what you're talking about. i guess i look at them and think of them as growing out lengths, so they don't look like a "style" to me! :wink:

i wish i had luck with jessicurl products. just doesn't seem to work well for me. they leave my hair kinda frizzy. i do have a full bottle of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gelebration-Spray-p-101.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gelebration-spray]gelebration[/buylink], still...so maybe that with some conditioner leave in will be enough? or that with SIF will work wonders...
    hmmmmm......

for now, i'm going to play stalker and look at your pictures a ton to keep me growing! :D i love the length you're at, and i think my curls look kinda like yours when they get longer. do you have layers cut in there, or not? back in the day, when my hair was long, i had very long barely there layers cut in, but now i'm thinking i'm going to keep layers cut in as it gets longer. my top layers don't like to curl as much as the lower layers...so i think the more severe layers help out with that...hmmm... the nice thing is, being pregnant has pushed my hair to grow faster then i could ever dream, so it's been nice....getting me past the shoulders in record time!

now i'm toying with the cut AND what products i'm using!
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Wow yeah! I didn't look at the pictures before, but your hair is absolutely fabulous sariroo. Meg told me I had to look and I say ditto to everything she said about it!! I wish I had hair like that.

I didn't have much luck with the Jessicurl stylers either unfortunately.

• long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    I have been loving Jessicurl but the RR is still puzzling me..I get great curls but after a few hours they get weighed down and frizzy am I using too much? Anyone get 2nd day hair with Jessicurl? Would the One c and water spray perk it up ?
    I THINK WE SHOULD START A 2C/3A CLUB i HAVE HAIR VERY SIMILAR TO YOURS SARIROO AND KIMMYC! Do you guys diffuse????
    Any styling advice would be great :^)
    Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
    PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
    Finally grew out my bad layers!!!
    Yes, I think we should have a club as I am in need of help again! Seems like Jessicurl is helping me form nice curls but lately it has been doing nothing to cut the frizz. I need something to cut the frizz!!!!!!!

I am thinking about switching products when I am done with my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink]...so maybe I will check out what you other girls are going and try something new. I have tried the OneC with water to revive curls on the 2nd day but am finding that it is doing nothing. I end up with more frizz than if I just took my hair out of the pineapple and smoothed it down a bit and went about my day.

Sorry, I was away for a bit so didn't answer some questions posed to me.

itsjustmeghan - yes, I have very long layers that are barely noticeable. My canopy is about an inch shorter than my bottom layer and the layers in between are blended so that it kind of looks like my hair has a bit of an angle at the ends when I just wear it all down. I like it like this. I have had more extreme layers but they never seem to look right so I'm sticking with what I know works. It seems like when I have more extreme layers my hair does not curl very well or lay right.

long_n_curly - okay not really just a question for me but you asked if we diffuse. I just bought a blow dryer...I hadn't had one for years (since my hair was really short). I had to take a flight on Friday morning and didn't have time to plop for very long and had no blow dryer. By the time I got on the flight, I was so depressed about my hair - it looked disgusting! So I ran out on Sunday and bought a blow dryer thinking that if I had one on hand I could avoid these problems. I diffused on Monday morning and found that my hair was curly but kind of frizzy - like it has been for the past week as if I had air dried it. I think I may return it and get a different model as the one I bought was cheap and the diffuser seemed not to cut down on the wind so much as one I had in the past.

I just seem not to be having luck with my hair this week. I would say it is the weather but it is the same as it has been.
    316vq4y.jpg
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    sariroo, your hair is so pretty! your length is awesome. :)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file