Brush time!

HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
Soooo, I've emerged myself in learning more about makeup via youtube. BTW so many great tutorials and tips. Anyways, there's a great tutorial on Loew Cornell art brushes that make fantastic substitutes for MAC ones.

I'm going Friday to Michael's to try to track them all down. Tools and application are more important over the products...especially when I can get fantastic results for a fraction of the cost.
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples
Aphogee 2 Step treatment
Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
Tigi MM Conditioner
Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
KCCC
Denman D3
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
SheaMoisture Leave-in
http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I always thought that artistic brushes were very expensive - are they really less expensive that regular makeup brushes?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Art brushes are OK for eyeshadows and stuff. I have some. Some of my favorite shadow brushes though are cheapies that I got from ELF for a buck each. The brushes that I really made an investment in, and were really worth it to me, are my kabukis and dense flattop foundation brushes. They don't really have those as art brushes.

Definitely enjoy brush shopping. I have quite a collection these days, of all levels. You really can't have too many.
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Soooo, I've emerged myself in learning more about makeup via youtube. BTW so many great tutorials and tips.

Ahem.......feel free to post said links!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
    I definitely agree Red. Eyeshadow brushes and even blush brushes. Things like kabuki or stippling brushes (MAC 187, the only brush I own by them, but it is my heart) you can't buy at the art store.

They're made from the same things which are either synthetic, goat, or squirrel hair. I've heard several professional makeup artists suggest to buy them instead and say they use them too. So if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me.

Here's the link to the video of the guy who did the tutorial.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9lPfKzQAXE
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in
    http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Curl Connoisseur Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Art brushes are OK for eyeshadows and stuff. I have some. Some of my favorite shadow brushes though are cheapies that I got from ELF for a buck each.

Same here!!! Love my ELF brushes :D
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • rouquinnerouquinne Curl Connoisseur Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i have lots of Loew-Cornell brushes - Maxine's Mop in both the 1/4 and 1/2 inch sizes are my mainstays for eye shadow application.

Michael's often has Loew-Cornell on sale for 25% or 40% off regularly and that's when i buy mine.

Sonia Kashuk has excellent makeup brushes for a fraction of those of other makeup companies.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
    they didn't have one today, roquinne. :(
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in