Let's talk about maternity belts

Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Curl NeophytePosts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So my midwife suggested that a maternity belt might help some of the ligament aches that I've been having when I walk. It's gotten a little better since I saw her last...as in I can walk more than a couple blocks now without stopping to let my tummy rest.:wink:

I also get some back pain when I'm on my feet for a while, so I'm hoping a belt would help with that too.

So, where do you find maternity belts? Is any type/brand better than another?

TIA!

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I got one at Babies R Us that looks like this
    matern1.jpg
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • KaiaKaia Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've seen some at Motherhood maternity, but I never got one.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had one that I got at a local boutique. It helped some. Not tons but enough to make it worth the bother.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    By the time I got to my 3rd and 4th babies, I had very severe pelvic pain (from a worn out pelvic floor probably). It was pretty debilitating. Doing kegels helped some, especially if I squeezed a really tight kegel right before getting up from a sitting position (the most painful time for me). But the only thing that really cured it each time was...delivery.

I tried those maternity belt things, but all they did was make my lower back hurt...something that I didn't have a problem with before wearing the belt...and it didn't help the pelvic pain anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file