more consistency

mszmsz Posts: 3Registered Users
I'm a 2c and want to know if it is possible to get more consistent looking curls on my head. I have a lot of corkscrews underneath big waves on top. Any luck at getting a happy medium here?

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's how my hair is, too - many ringlets underneath, loose waves in the back top layer. I've been CG for 5 months now and still haven't found a routine that gives me consistant curls. Every day is different, and some days the frizz seems to take control. Oh well, I just keep trying...
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    What's your current routine?
    Are you CG, Modified CG or sulfate/cone user.
    What products do you use?
    Do you diffuse, air dry, plop?
    2b/3a.
    I've been shampooless for 5 months and have seen my dry, poofy hair getting the curl back that I had when I was younger. I CO wash once a week and do an ACV rinse to get rid of any buildup. Other days I water wash and rake conditioner through, brush, rinse. Then scrunch in a gel - all upside down. Sometimes I'll add 3 drops of jojoba oil. Plop for 10-15 minutes. Clip the roots and diffuse using the pixiecurl method. Every 5-6 weeks I get my hair colored at a salon, and my stylist is working with me and using the CO and gel that I bring. I like the old B2B Pom CO but I've had some frizziness in this FLorida humidity, so am now using either a Nature's Gate CO or a discontinued Sauve Mango Peach CO. I've tried the HE Body Envy and the HE Set Me Up gels, aloe vera gel, and LA Looks Curl gel. Often I go for 2nd day hair by spraying with lavender water and pineappling before bed. I sleep on a stain pillowcase. In the morning my hair is usually frizzier, but pretty decent and curly, so I'll just rewet any curls that are pulled out and scrunch.

Anyways, each day my hair looks different. Now and then it will be frizz-free and shiny with pretty curls. Those are the days I hope to have more of, but so far it is still inconsistent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Do you do the ACV rinse once a week? I'm on day 10 of CG and need a little help getting rid of a little protein buildup. What's your recipe? Do you do 1/4 cup ACV to 3/4 of H2O? It's my first ACV rinse, can ya tell?
    2b/3a.
    For an ACV rinse, I usually use about 1/4 C to 2 C of water and pour it slowly over my head. Then squish and scrunch it for a minute before rinsing it all out. Some people use more ACV and some less. I usually do this once a week. Just give it a try and see what works for your hair.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file