Birth announcent with pics. Finally.

pitgirlpitgirl Posts: 162Registered Users
Ok so I’m really late with my birth announcement, but late is better than never I suppose. I haven’t been on the boards for ages, my mum was taken seriously ill with a brain haemorrhage in the 8th month of my pregnancy. So I’ve been dealing with that and a newborn and potty training my DD.

I have included my birth experience (for those who wanna read it) and pics…

On the 17th of June, my due date, I was given a new due date of 22nd and told I was the perfect candidate for using the new local birthing centre because it was my second time and everything looked great. I was peed off to say the least that my date was wrong, but happily looking forward to using the brand new facilities at the centre and having a calm and very “do what I want” birth.

On the 21st I was putting DD down for her afternoon nap and as I lifted her in to her cot I felt a trickle. My DH called and I told him I thought I had just peed myself. He came straight home and I still wasn’t sure but I kept dripping and reality set in. I went to the birthing centre for an examination and the midwife gave me a stretch and sweep at the same time and said she would see me tonight.

My parents came over and after dinner I got DD down for the night, finally by midnight and the contractions became unbearable, DH called the hospital and they told him the birthing unit had been closed because they had low staffing. Cue my tantrum.

When we got to the hospital I was greeted by my midwives and taken to the delivery room, it was the same one I had DD in so I was really pleased both my babies will be born in the same room. On examination I was 5cm dilated. I was fully enjoying my gas and air, with DD I had an epidural and wanted to go all natural this time.

After lots of very painful contractions a few hours later I began transition, on the bed, off the bed, under the bed, on the commode off the commode, I felt the urge to push.
So I pushed with all my might and they were getting everything ready, next contraction and I pushed, this went on for some time and they were telling me to push harder and harder and nothing. By this time I had to let go of my gas and air and I was trying so hard but nothing.

Apparently they could see the head but it wasn’t budging, I knew something was wrong and was delirious with pain but I knew. In came another midwife and they were trying me in all different positions. In the end I had the bottom half of the bed taken away and my legs in stirrups sitting almost upright so I could see the floor between my legs.

Push, push, push and nothing, I was so scared and said to DH “this is it I’m going to die” which I honestly thought I would. They were forcing Orange Juice down me because my sugar was low and gave me an in and out catheter. I pushed and pushed and kept telling them something was wrong, this time everyone else agreed and the midwives began questioning it. The elder one was convinced I needed intervention and the trainee told her "no I think she can do this give her a chance". The minute they mentioned a doctor and ventouse I knew that meant episiotomy. No way hose.

Apparently at this point I pushed so hard I went purple and DH said I looked like something from outer space, eventually the relief of the head moving down overwhelmed me I never thought I would enjoy the stinging of the head crowning but I did because I knew I had done it. When her head came out she was looking right up at me and the midwives were like “oh she was back to back, that was the problem, she must have turned at the last minute”.

Out she came, followed by me going into shock and shivering quite severely for an hour. But after an hour and a half of pushing I did it, everyone had told me with second babies they just fly out and they lied. I can categorically say DD#1’s birth was a sinch in comparison.

So Zara Louise arrived at 5:44am on her due date.

Here are some pics.
Here she is
zara.jpg

I have managed to dedicate as much time to DD#1 as I possibly can.
kateandmum.jpg

And here they are together Kate adores her little sister.
kateandzara.jpg

Anyway hope everyone on here and all mummies, mums to be and babies are ok.

Clare xxx
3a Redhead
Umberto Giannini & Curls Rock Amp
Fotki pw: curls

.png

.png

Comments

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Oh, Clare! I loved your birth story!

Your Zara is lovely and so is big sister Kate.

Congrats!!!!
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Your daughters are beautiful!
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow, that's a birth story! Thanks for sharing.
    Your daughters are so beautiful. I like the one on the mat.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Thanks for sharing. Your girls are beautiful and so are you.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    how cute!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Congratulations. They're both adorable. I love the little zebra striped outfit!

• pitgirlpitgirl Posts: 162Registered Users
    Thanks everyone,

I'm sure everyones birth stories are just as good.

We call her Zara Zebra, and the zebra suit was a lucky find. Alas she has grown out of it now.

Despite the difficult birth, and ages recovering I still want to do it all again, I just love, love, love babies.

Oh and quite strangely Zara is brunette.
    3a Redhead

.png

.png
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    She's absolutely beautiful!! Kate is gorgeous too. What a beautiful family :)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You and your girls are gorgeous. What a lovely family!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Glad that it worked out without interventions - go you!
    I agree - a beautiful family, and I too love the zebra outfit! Congratulations!

PS - Is your mother better now?
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Congratulations. You and your girls are beautiful!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations!!! What a great birth story. Both of your girls are just gorgeous.
  • pitgirlpitgirl Posts: 162Registered Users
    Aww thanks girlies. I think they're cute but then what mummy doesn't.

I still find i hard to believe that I've managed to create and look after my very own family, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wakes up in the morning and thinks " OMG I'm a mummy"

My mum was very ill and given a prognosis of either death or severe disability, but miracles sure do happen and within a month she had almost completely recovered. Which was amazing.

Pixie- I've just realised how far along you are, wow that went fast, I remeber you annoncing it nad finding out the sex, seems like yesterday. Bet you're excited now.
    3a Redhead

.png

.png
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    OMG- they are adorable!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you for sharing your story. Zara is so cute, and Kate is such a pretty girl! Congrats!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Katina128Katina128 Posts: 560Registered Users
    Congratulations!! Your daughters are BEAUTIFUL!!
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    pitgirl wrote:
    Pixie- I've just realised how far along you are, wow that went fast, I remeber you annoncing it nad finding out the sex, seems like yesterday. Bet you're excited now.

It does feel like it's flown by so fast! Then again, some days I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER :lol:

We sure are getting excited, though. :)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Congratulations on the baby, a beautiful family, and your mom's full recovery!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    Lots of good news there - about your mum and your two gorgeous girls!!

Congrats!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,765Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations!!!! She's BEAUTIFUL, so is her older sister.

I´m also very glad your mom is well!!
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Congratulations! You and your girls are beautiful :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

Holy cow you have some pretty babies!
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • cajuncurlscajuncurls Posts: 270Registered Users
    I see a lot of red hair going on there! I'm jealous!

I hope my little redhead is as beautiful as yours.
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file