Cleansing oils?

snaphunksnaphunk Posts: 82Registered Users
My skin is super dry. I've been using a product called Cera Ve for a couple of months and have realized that it's not working for my skin. The cearatyl (sp?)makes my skin burn. The same happens when I try Cetaphil. The Derm thinks I'm nuts because "That's the most gentle line out there" My skin is also very sensitive, dry , but gets oily by lunch. I have been using Retin A for a few months and it has helped my acne and fine lines. Anyway...I think I may want to try some cleansing oils. I feel like my skin is "out of balance" Brand recs? How to use? Any helpful hints?

Comments

• bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?CS_ProductID=300&CS_Catalog=DHC%20USA

I love DHC skin care products. they are a Japanese based company. I swear by the Deep cleansing oil. It removes makeup so easily and gently. I then follow up with mild soap. I also use the mild toner and their rich moisturizer.

Unfortunately they don't have stores here but I think they do in California.
    But their prices and shipping are reasonable and fairly quick.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • La wavyLa wavy Posts: 52Registered Users
    I love the DHC deep cleansing oil as well. The company is very big on sending out free samples,( that's how I originally discovered them) so you could call them to try out the starter kit which includes the cleansing oil.
  • snaphunksnaphunk Posts: 82Registered Users
    Thanks for the info. I think I have heard of this company..I'll check them out. :)
  • SpiralliSpiralli Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use Laventine cleansing oil. The site is www.laventine.com. They have several formulas, depending on your skin type, and very helpful FAQ section to help you decide. This is all I use at night to wash my face. I wear physical sunscreen every day, and mineral makeup -- this has been great at removing everything.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file