dark circles =(

curly52curly52 Curl ConnoisseurPosts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
hi
im stil very young and i've always had dark circles and bags and im getting sick of them
i was just wondering if i shud see a doctor for a blood test or something to see if there's something lacking in my blood?
any recommendations would be helpful
TIA
uk curly - 3a :toothy7:

Comments

• curlylauracurlylaura Curl Neophyte Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sometimes dark circles can he inherited from a parent. I got mine from my mum.

Are you feeling a bit run down?
    Sleeping enough?

Even though mine are pretty much permanent they do change how dark they are depending on how I'm feeling and how much sleep I've had.

They can also be a sign of a medical problem, by all means go to a doctor and get checked. It can't hurt, well apart from the prick of the needle with a blood test.

A blood test can pick up anemia and I'm pretty sure a doctor will suggest increasing your iron consumption. A quick check you can do is, look on the inside of your lower eyelid, is it a nice shade of pink? If not that can also be a sign of anemia.

Good luck if you do go to the doctor! :D

PS Drinking more water seems to help.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Curl Neophyte Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    if everything checks out and you just want to cover them up get a good undereye concealor. mac has one in a tube that was recommended to me that works well. our beauty flaws can get us down but hang in there! :wink:
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    I've had those all my life, mine are definitely hereditary. The only thing that ever really made a difference (and it was very gradual, it took months to show a real difference) was when I finally switched to drinking only water, and lots of it - no soda, coffee, commercial lemonade, none of that stuff.
  • curly52curly52 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks for the replys! if i go to the doctor do i just ask for a blood test =s
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file