Limp, strongy curls with no definition?

DariahDariah Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi, I am experiency limp curl with very little definition, stringy parts and a lot of frizz. I have been on the cg method for a month now, but tried yesterday the Aveda be curly curl enhancer, just to see if it would indeed enhance curls. It was a desaster! I washed with Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus shampoo, deep conditioned with Garnier hair food banana mask and the applied the Aveda enhancer. My curls were dry, frizzy, with no definition. Some parts looked stretched out. Any idea what the reason may be? Thank you for any help!

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I looked up the ingredients and it has a silicone in it - ingredient #4, so probably quite a bit.  This will be a good time to clarify with a sulfate shampoo.  It'll get the silicone out, plus whatever else might be building up in your hair. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • DariahDariah Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    @Guide 65: yes, I absolutely had the same suspicion. Also, I checked the ingredients of the Garnier Hair Food Banana treatment and it has Glycerin very high up in the list. Is it possible that it sucked the moisture out of my hair and left them dry?! Today I wanted to get all the cones out of my hair so I did use a sulfate shampoo (which I diluted) and the SM coconut/hibiscus conditioner afterwards. I also used the SM smoothie and tried for the 1st time diy flaxseed gel. Well, these are the results (pics) I think I am IN LOVE with flaxseed gel! 
    PS: thank you so much for your help again @Guide 65 :)
    Looks beautiful!
    Current products:
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Wow, your hair is gorgeous!
    @BrittanyM Thank you so much for saying that! Well, I am still experimenting with the cg method, but I have noticed great improvements. The biggest difference was getting rid of sulfate shampoos and serious hydration. And I am still learning a lot... :)
  • laca1982laca1982 Posts: 13Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Excuse me guide 65. It looks like you've been ignoring me on your posts when I reply to you. I sent you another clear picture of my curly hair. You made a mistake. My hair texture is a 3c and 4a. It looks like you only respond to white women who have wavy hair like you. You're way top obsessed with other white women who have type 2c hair. I'd rather get in touch with Gretchen.
    @laca1982, I just answered this in another thread, but one think I forgot to mention is that if you post in a thread someone else starts, only the top poster will be notified.  Be sure to tag the name with a @ if you're talking to someone specifically.
    Current products:
  • kira0kira0 Posts: 12Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I have very similar type of hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file