Fine hair on a budget

Wavymomto2curliesWavymomto2curlies Curl NeophytePosts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Just starting CG for my 5 yr old daughter and a bit overwhelmed. She's got fine, 3a/3b low porosity hair. I bought the Shea moisture kids shampoo. Now I'm looking for a conditioner that's light enough but won't break the bank. Any suggestions for one stop styler appreciated too. 
2b-c, course, high density, high porosity

Too new for product preferences

Comments

• BarelyThereWavyHairBarelyThereWavyHair Curl Connoisseur Posts: 37Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @Wavymomto2curlies Her curls are precious! I have been really into the Love, Beauty, and Planet conditioners, as they offer lightweight moisture. They have lighter and a tad heavier conditioner options and I picked up a sampler at my local target for under five bucks. If you are looking for more moisture, I have heard great things about the Moptop Bamboo Daily conditioners ($12 for 8 oz) as well. Good luck with her curly journey!
    2a/2b wavy hair 
    Shampoo- Hask Coconut Milk & Honey Curl Care (Experimenting w/ this)
    Clarifying Shampoo- Suave Daily Clarifying (once every 2-4 weeks)
    Conditioner- Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Mask (Avacado)
    Styler- ECO Gel (Krystal), Garnier Pure Clean Gel
    Open to suggestions/help with my temperamental waves!
    **Couldn't really think of anything else to cover my face in my profile pic so I went w/ a Capybara**
    "Qué estás haciendo con tu pelo?"-My grandma

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Curl Virtuoso Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think the Maui Moisture ones have isopropyl alcohol in them which I personally avoid on principle unless I get a great deal on the product. Love, Beauty, and Planet might be an option. For a kid, I would just go with a leave in conditioner and leave it at that. Perhaps something like Kinky Curly Knot Today if she gets tangles easily, As I Am Leave In, or the Shea Moisture detangler (I think this is in one of the kids lines).
  • rabarrabar Curl Connoisseur Posts: 64Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Hi!  I don't have any product suggestions (my hair is coarse), but I just wanted to say how beautiful your little girl is.  Love that red hair!

And kudos to you on embracing her curls and trying to care for them!  My mother had stick-straight hair and treated it that way--I always felt like it was my fault that I had "difficult" hair, and it helped to wreak havoc on my self-esteem.  I hope she realizes some day how lucky she is to have you!
    rabar
    2c/3a/3b, coarse, med-high porosity, medium density
    formerly CG method
  • Katherinejane76Katherinejane76 Curl Novice Posts: 11Registered Users Curl Novice
    Giovanni has nice products that aren't too expensive.  I have fine, wavy hair and I use the Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner.  I've also heard good things about the leave-in conditioner.  Your daughter has such beautiful hair, I am envious of the color and curl.
  • Wavymomto2curliesWavymomto2curlies Curl Neophyte Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    @rabar I've got wavy hair too and quite course. What I'd always done with my hair wasn't working on hers, which is how I stumbled on CG... Which had also taught me I wasn't treating my hair right.
    2b-c, course, high density, high porosity

Too new for product preferences
  • SuperCUrlsTodaySuperCUrlsToday Curl Neophyte Posts: 0Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    The Live Clean weightless line might be great for her! So inexpensive too

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file