What do you believe brings out your hair texture?

RoanlivingRoanliving Posts: 23Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
I've followed CG on and off (currently on) and it makes me curious, what do you think brings out your hair type (waves, curls and kinks).

For you is it following the CGM? Is it simply learning techniques like S2C, plopping, diffusing etc? 

I would love for simply following the CGM to bring out my waves but I dont think that quiet enough for my hair and I'm not fully committed to techniques because they just take too long. That leaves me with my 1c-2b hair depending on the day. 

What about you? 

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,900Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    For my hair, it's a combination of the right products for me, plenty of moisture, the different techniques, and plenty of protein.  Also frequent clarifying.

Some people can get beautiful curls with just conditioner, rinse, gel and air dry.  Not me.  I would LOVE to have a simple, easy routine like that.  The more time I take to make my hair look good, the better it looks.  So it's up to you to balance your time and effort vs how you want your hair to look.  I have days I just don't want to do all that, but it really shows.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Curly Girl method solved the immense dryness issue and frizz, so that was definitely the foundation. Styling on soaking wet hair and gently scrunching helped with frizz too and bringing out the waves.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 511Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    CGM helped teach me to listen and understand my curls.  Once I was able to start pinpoint what I want to "fix" about my curls, bringing out my curls became easier.

Techniques have been the number one thing for me. I have pretty solid type 2/ type 3 curls. It's almost like each strand wants to do it's own thing on different days.  To get the most out of my curls I need to encourage my strands to clump with other strands who are in the say curl mood as themselves (I.e type threes clump together.  type twos clump together).  Once I can do that, I can focus on enhancing my type two curls (diffuser) and maintaining frizz and hold (products).

2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,541Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm with @Guide 65. For me, it's a combination of technique and the right products. My hair is very sensitive, and it easily gets too much protein or too much moisture. I have to be very careful. And it is a lot of work! But I find that the more effort I put into day 1, the better my hair looks on days 2 and 3.

The most important things for me are using shampoos that clean my hair well (co-washing didn't work for me), following good techniques (squish to condish, scrunching, using lots of water to create clumps), using a good hard-hold gel, and clipping and/or diffusing. If I omit any one of these elements, my hair will be stringy and flat.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • BarelyThereWavyHairBarelyThereWavyHair Posts: 34Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @Roanliving for me it's probably a combo between scrunching in a good hold product, plopping, no silicones, and diffusing. Being similar to what you describe (I'm a 2A so I'm not quite a 2b but not a 1c), it was (and still is) difficult to get 'curls'. I just settle with the S waves that start at my ears, and sometimes curl even higher if I'm lucky! One of the things that was really not helping was brushing. 
    2a wavy hair 
    Shampoo- Hask Coconut Milk & Honey Curl Care (Experimenting w/ this)
    Clarifying Shampoo- Suave Daily Clarifying (once every 2-4 weeks)
    Conditioner- Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Mask (Avacado)
    Styler- ECO Gel (Krystal), Garnier Pure Clean Gel
    Open to suggestions/help with my temperamental waves!
    **Couldn't really think of anything else to cover my face in my profile pic so I went w/ a Capybara**
    "Qué estás haciendo con tu pelo?"-My grandma

• Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 411Registered Users Curl Novice
    Technique brings out my texture the most but has to be done with products with a heavier hold to stay that way.
    Kinky Curly, 4a, Fine Texture 
    Last Relaxer: 2/11/2012
    Latest BC: 11/24/2018

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file