Progress in the New Year

Kurai_SenKurai_Sen Curl NovicePosts: 23Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
edited January 23 in Hair Type 2
So I went CG about May 2018, and now that it's Jan and I had a pretty good day 1 hair day, I wanted to see what my progress has been like for the past eight months into this routine. I guess it could also function as a testimonial.

In the middle I did have my hair cut again which is why my hair length doesn't look to have changed much, but I feel my texture has definitely improved a lot. 

What are your guys' thoughts on this? What's your progress been like as well? Also, now that my texture is coming out more, how should I change what I ask for at the salon? Last time I went, the hairdresser told me that my crown had volume but my ends didn't, hence he gave me a few layers on the bottom to add volume throughout. 

I was also testing out a new conditioner today, and to see how I could have good hair by reducing the number of products I needed. The hair in the Jan '19 section used just three products: low poo, conditioner and a gel. I'm pretty proud of it, also because it largely survived a travel in the Mumbai Local Trains (in which everyone piles inside even when there isn't any space, because there is always space)

You guys have also been extremely helpful. After reading up about protein sensitivity and such by the people on here, I wanted to test out something new. I do weekly deep conditioning treatments, which is basically every other wash, so I get a good balance of protein and moisture. This time though, I tried using a protein free conditioner to see whether my hair was feeling a bit dry because of protein in my regular rinse out conditioner as well. Suffice to say, it was correct, and my hair feels extremely soft and moisturized, as well as defined.
Animal obsessed wavy with a love for writing 

2B/2C Indian wavy, low-medium porosity, medium-high density, coarse hair
Shampoo: WOW Miracle 10-in-1 Shampoo
Conditioner: WOW Argan Oil Conditioner
Gel: Arata Hair Gel
DC/ Treatment: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
Clarifying Shampoo: Pantene Lively Clean

CG since May '18

After nearly two decades of neglect, CG finally helped me embrace my hair as a part and parcel of my identity

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Wow, your hair is looking so good!  You've done really well!  When you get your hair cut, but sure to not let them do any thinning or texturizing of the ends.  Layering is good, but the ends need to be blunt cut.  That's about all I know of hair cutting!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Curl Virtuoso Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair is amazing!
  • Kurai_SenKurai_Sen Curl Novice Posts: 23Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    Guide 65 said:
    Wow, your hair is looking so good!  You've done really well!  When you get your hair cut, but sure to not let them do any thinning or texturizing of the ends.  Layering is good, but the ends need to be blunt cut.  That's about all I know of hair cutting!
    Thanks so much! Any idea why you'd go for specifically blunt cuts? A blogger over here in India who has wavy curly hair generally tends to get a V at the ends of her hair, and it flows beautifully. I've been thinking about getting a similar thing for the ends, but I'm worried it'll affect the volume. My top half already kind of grows out while my ends lay straggled without help.
    BrittanyM said:
    Your hair is amazing!
    Thank you so much! I hope it looks better in the coming years!
    Animal obsessed wavy with a love for writing 

2B/2C Indian wavy, low-medium porosity, medium-high density, coarse hair
    Shampoo: WOW Miracle 10-in-1 Shampoo
    Conditioner: WOW Argan Oil Conditioner
    Gel: Arata Hair Gel
    DC/ Treatment: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    Clarifying Shampoo: Pantene Lively Clean

CG since May '18

After nearly two decades of neglect, CG finally helped me embrace my hair as a part and parcel of my identity
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    When I say a blunt cut, I don't mean that all the hair is cut at the same length.  What I mean is that each snip of the scissors cuts straight across, so you can still have the V shape and still have layers.  A lot stylists around me will take the scissors and slice into the ends after doing the basic cut.  When they do that, the curls won't clump together and you'll just get frizz.  So shaping is fine - just no razoring, thinning, feathering, slicing, etc. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Curl Virtuoso Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    yay!  your hair is beautiful.  Happy early one year curly anniversary! 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file