Describe Your Bedroom...

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
My bedroom is my haven.  I call my bed my nest.  
I have a 4 poster black, wrought iron bed.  My bedding is all gray & I have these gray swags hanging above the headboard.  Above my bed is a large canvas print by Gustav Klimt of a nude woman lying on her side.  I have 2 night stands.  One with my alarm clock & small stereo & the other has a Tiffany lamp with dragon flies.  There is also a candle in a black case & a small, but tall jewelry box.  I have a tall floor jewelry box against a wall.  All my perfumes (7) are on the top.  I have an armoire  in front of my bed.  This holds my tv.  On top I have 2 candles in the black case & a pharaoh statue.  I have a large pic on the wall called Dances With Fairies, a wooden violin and some wall candles. 
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2018
    Sounds lovely!
    (But I'm mostly impressed by the fact you didn't say "rod" or "rot" iron. grrrr pet peeve! :p )

Hmmmm not sure how to describe mine. It has a vaulted ceiling...zebra comforter...papasan w/ matching footrest.

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Your room sounds pretty!  My room is currently really boring (I have some fun plans for it after the holidays!).

Right now I have a wood and metal bed frame wrapped in faux red & white rose vines with twinkle lights.  I am a huge Harry Potter fan so I have a Blue blanket with a Ravenclaw throw on top and dark blue curtains that a sprayed lightly with silver fabric glitter.  I have other things I rather invest in than a four poster bed, at the moment, so what I plan on doing is putting a little blue canopy like this with lights instead.  I have a teapot lamp on one nightstand and a teacup lamp on the other!  I am thinking about getting a long narrow tv stand to act as a dresser and maaaaybe add a tv.  I haven't had a tv in my room since I lived with my parents a looong time ago.  But, I've found myself falling asleep on the couch watching tv a lot lately.  
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Tinksaysboo,  I really like the canopy.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks!  I think I am going to add faux rose bush on top.  Alice in Wonderland meets Hogwarts is my inspiration =P
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I live in a tiny condo so my bedroom is small and cozy. 
    High ceilings, 2 big windows with mini blinds and dark rusty orange black out drapes, white walls, tan/white/black/brown Berber carpet, and 2 small closets. 
    Large black mirror that was my grandparents' and 2 large pieces of artwork made out of shells. 
    Black leather queen platform bed with big padded headboard and 6 drawers underneath. Turquoise bedspread and 5 pillows with turquoise and rust covers. 
    Black night stand with clock, a little turquoise colored fan for hot flashes, and a tan cylinder lamp with turquoise butterflies and dragonflies.
    Black chest of drawers with my Buddha collection, a crystal lamp that was my grandmother's, and a large sphere that lights up at night and makes the wall behind it look like the night sky. 
    Black dresser with 5 large black jewelry boxes. 
    2 tall black cubbies that hold all my jeans, leggings, athletic tights.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Jeepy, that sounds very pretty & cozy.
    From Michael Berg:

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    We built a board and batten wall behind our bed a couple months ago; I just love it. Put a little shelf on it which is now way overcrowded with too much stuff; I'm going to have to do some culling. But I love the wall. Also, for Christmas, we got ourselves a new dresser, which I'm also loving. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Grey carpet, pale grey curtains, pale blue walls, white iron bed, bedding that's shades of blue, grey and white, white chest of drawers with a few ornaments, white bedside cabinets (mine also has a fan like jeepy for the hot flushes!), white bedding box in the square bay window and another small white box in a corner with a few special teddy bears sat on it. Have three pictures up - one is a photo a friend took, one is a hare, the other an ex member here painted (kat180 I think) of two moons. Over the bed I have a silver and white decal of a Shakespeare quote.
    I had dark furniture for years and got so sick of it I went the complete opposite when we decorated a few years ago. Love it now, very clean looking and restful (to me anyway).
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie, that sounds lovely.  
    I want this for my bedroom.  I have the perfect wall for it.  
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/timelessfancy/works/28564487-klimt-golden-tears?p=photographic-print&size=large&finish=lustre
    From Michael Berg:

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wish I had a bedroom, I'm in a studio and I think its part of the reason I'm not sleep well. I want to decorate my next one nicely and paint the walls. Right now my bedroom furniture is white, will keep that but want to get a different headboard. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file