Say It. I Dare You.

Comments

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    To my Curly Stylist:

I wish you didn't make a comment about my hair being low density.  I thought I had a head full of hair. Now I am noticing I can see my scalp a lot and the cold air is defiantly only hitting certain part of my heads, the bald spots.  :'(   Your comment turned my world upside down and now I am parinoid.  thaaaaaanks!  
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I had a stylist once tell me that what I had was not hair.  He said he didn't know what it was but felt it needed to be cut off.  He didn't know about curly hair.  I had another tell me that since my hair was long that I was wearing dead hair.  She said she needed to cut off at least 4".  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    OMG - he sounds super pretentious lol 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry to hear of your experience tinksaysboo, you'd think a hairstylist would have a bit more consideration and realise how soul destroying comments like that can be.
    3b in South Australia.
    1.) My contract is to run and support two particular programs.  It irritates me as hell that you ask me to do busy work not related to the program.

2.) It irritates me that you talk to me like I know what the heck is going on. This is not part of the programs I support.   I am a consultant, not part of your team.  I am not even part of your company.  

3.) Don't give me a list of things to cross check, consolidate, and update ASAP and then go and do some of it without letting me know. I work remotely and you are in meeting so not responding to my pings.  I now don't know if I screwed up or if it was already taken care of.  

Thanks @strartine!  In her defense, I asked her to confirm my hair was more fine than normal.  The comment about density came after that. 

Still hurts - I said something to a stylist once about the thinning I had and he confirmed it, saying, hmm, but it's only sparse on top, the rest of it still seems normal. All true but the word sparse hit me like a ton of bricks. Shouldn't have asked!
    3b in South Australia.
    I'm off to England tomorrow. All excited, everything going well, things being ticked off my very long to-do list, even hit my goal weight (so I can pig out while I'm over there!) then yesterday I went to reply to a text message and had a complete blank on my password. As I tried to remember it I just got into a panic, kept getting locked out and eventually it disabled itself. Had to wipe everything and reset it, no mean feat, thankfully I have a tech savvy son who did most of it for me. 26 hours later I still can't remember it, it's worrying me no end, horrible feeling. 
    3b in South Australia.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2018
    I am getting so freaking annoyed w/ these busybodies at work (who are supposedly friends of mine) constantly remarking on my HAIR.

I will be sitting IN MY OWN OFFICE, MINDING MY BUSINESS, DOING MY WORK, and one of these crows will pop her head in, eyes all wide in feigned astonishment, and throw shade at me. I'm getting so sick of this ****!

So today it went...
    B1: wow, your hair looks....teased!
    Me: (to myself) wow, your hair looks....thin. (Aloud) Oh
    B1: What did you do??? Tease it???
    Me: Just the normal stuff
    B1: Coz it looks like you did....something....to it.
    Me: Not sure what you mean.
    B1: It's so...big and wild.
    Me: Not sure if that's a compliment or what.
    B1: heh
    Me: (silent death stare)
    B1: well, you know you have pretty hair.
    Me: thanks
    B1: except when you dyed it black.
    Me: Didn't like that, huh?
    B1: well, you know you're cute.

What in the entire F???? And she's not the only one who does this! But then if I clock on one of them, I'm wrong.....
    Looking for a "nice" way to tell them to worry about their own hair.  :*

And for the record, I think my hair looks pretty good today. I love voluminous hair; it has taken me years (many spent on this site) to achieve the  level of volume I want.

SL, I think there is some jealousy there & they are trying to make you feel insecure about your hair.  Kill them with kindness.  If they know they are not getting to you, it will frustrate them.  I had a friend who told me she would love to do something with my hair & show me how to do my makeup.  I just smiled & told her no thanks, I'm fine. I had a neighbor of mine who is 80 yrs old who I hadn't seen for awhile.  She kept looking at me and asking if I had some work done to my face.  I kept telling her no.  She finally said that she figured it out.  I had put on so much weight that my face filled out & my wrinkles didn't show up as much.  I just started laughing.  I had not gained any weight.  I thanked her for the "compliment".   I'm not around these people everyday like you are, so it is easier for me.  I've seen pics of you & you look amazing.  I'm not just saying that.  Keep smiling.
    Starmie, I had to write down all my logins & passwords & put them in a rolodex.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    edited December 2018

Thnx for the compliment, Lotsa. OK, this is a horrible pic (def NOT amazing!). But seriously is there anything that startling or unusual about my hair???? 

And seriously why are the pics I post here always so bad? I'm too frustrated to try again. 

I've never heard of adult women making these kinds of shady left-handed comments about someone's hair (at work).

• cailincailin Registered Users Posts: 928 Curl Connoisseur
    I love it! I think you look like Natasha Lyonne from Orange is the new black. I adore her. 
    Nothing wrong with your hair.  It's really none of their business anyway.  I once had an employer tell me that I needed to brush my hair before I came into work. He said it didn't look professional.  I've never wanted to look like a female news reporter.  Not my personality.   
    From Michael Berg:

cailin said:
    I love it! I think you look like Natasha Lyonne from Orange is the new black. I adore her. 
    Had to google who that is! lol OK lol

My mother use to drive all of us crazy around Christmas.  After she would finish with her gifts for the family she would start buying for herself.  We would go to her house & she would show us a new purchase & one of us would be going back to the store to return their gift.  We would beg her to stop, but she would be out of control.  Back then they didn't have gift certificates or that would have been a solution.  So, anyway that is what I am doing this year.  I have turned into my mother.  I am finished with my shopping for others & so far I have bought myself new sheets, a faux mink blanket, 2 lounge wear outfits, and a meat grinder.  This meat grinder is the bomb.  I can grind beef, pork, poultry, and vegetables.  It even has an attachment to use a sausage casing, and to make pasta. 
    From Michael Berg:

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    My mother use to drive all of us crazy around Christmas.  After she would finish with her gifts for the family she would start buying for herself.  We would go to her house & she would show us a new purchase & one of us would be going back to the store to return their gift.  We would beg her to stop, but she would be out of control.  Back then they didn't have gift certificates or that would have been a solution.  So, anyway that is what I am doing this year.  I have turned into my mother.  I am finished with my shopping for others & so far I have bought myself new sheets, a faux mink blanket, 2 lounge wear outfits, and a meat grinder.  This meat grinder is the bomb.  I can grind beef, pork, poultry, and vegetables.  It even has an attachment to use a sausage casing, and to make pasta. 
    Good for you!  

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    So, this morning feeling groggy becuz I didn't sleep good last night, I put leave in hair treatment on my face instead of my moisturizer.  I thought it felt different.  I still have my stash on the counter in my bathroom becuz I've been really busy.  I grabbed the wrong bottle.  I ended up putting my moisturizer over my foundation.  That did help.  I am organizing my bathroom today.
    From Michael Berg:

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    so.... Lotsa, did it help or hurt your face???  :D:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    oh yeah....  the lips are back!!!!  :'(
    My blog:

Rou, it didn't help my face.  Maybe great for the hair, but not the skin.  I wish you could get your lips under control.  That is so awful.  
    From Michael Berg:

Spider - I think you just have weird colleagues and there's nothing to be done about them. Maybe next time one of them starts a conversation like that just ask them the same questions they're asking you, or make similar comments back. I've worked as a nurse all my life, so around lots of women, never had strange random comments like that.
    Lotsa - I have passwords all written down too, unfortunately not that one. Of course it popped back into my head after 48 hours and I'm now constantly typing it in!
    3b in South Australia.
    Woke up this morning to a facebook post that our dogsitters had had to take Jed to the vet. Luckily it seems just to have been an arthritis flare up and he was actually ok and rolling around in the garden by the time we read the message, they took a pic of him in the car and he looked his usual happy-daft self. Huge relief, he's getting on a bit and it's a worry to leave him.
    3b in South Australia.
    I have had a dog here since Thursday night.  The owner scheduled him to be neutered Friday morning. I've been watching him for the past 3 years & the owner had to go out of town & knew I could be home with him all day to take care of him.  He is doing great.  I do worry about any complications while I am watching my dogs.  I know the owners stress and worry about their dogs. 
    From Michael Berg:

Starmie, i'm glad to hear your dog is okay. that must be awful when you're so far away!
    My blog:

It is, especially as he'd been unwell about three weeks before we left. I felt sick when my SO first saw the message and started reading it.
    Lotsa, that's good of you to look after a dog when he's had surgery, must be a relief to the owners to know they can rely on you to that extent. I reckon you deserve a bonus!
    3b in South Australia.
    so, i'm making new curtains for my living room (hot pink - yes, in an orange room!), and i'm thinking the old cream voile would be good to make a traditional embroidered blouse - like this:  https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/649825964/ukrainian-embroidery-embroidered-ukraine?ga_order=price_asc&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=ukrainian+blouse&ref=sr_gallery-1-40&organic_search_click=1
    My blog:

any of you still here from the old days remember my post about my boyfriend in university who died when we were in between 3rd and 4th year? (it was in August 2012)

yesterday would have been his 60th birthday. and yes, i was feeling pretty miserable, so.... just for the hell of it, i punched his name into Google. and lo and behold, i found a picture of him from his high school graduating class on the school's in memorium page. wow, did that take me back! but i'm glad i found it, because i had been forgetting what he looked like and that bothered me.

My blog:

It's nice you found a photo, I often think about a couple of people I was close to way back when and find it disconcerting I can't actually remember their faces. It must feel even stranger when they're gone.
    3b in South Australia.
    I feel so heart broken this morning after reading my daughter's response on FB to a woman who is also suffering from Hashimoto disease.  I feel so helpless.

I feel exactly the same. I am a widow with 2 teenagers. I'm either running hard when I feel the least bit good and then am down for the count when feeling bad. I'm always in survival mode. I hate it!! I want to enjoy life and enjoy my children more. I don't want them to look back and have their primary memory of me with me being in bed most of the time. I work full time and am a full time parent. I don't have many friends as it is too difficult to maintain friendships. If I am not doing things that I need to do, I am in bed, exhausted. This is a lonely painful existence.

Please pray for my daughter or if you aren't religious, send some healing, positive vibes out to the universe for her.  I would gladly take her illness onto myself.
    From Michael Berg:

Will do. Not many things worse than knowing your children are struggling. Hugs to you too.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file