What is your new obsession?

2»

Comments

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for the recipes, @jeepcurlygurl! I have two acorn squashes from my last two CSA boxes so I need to figure out something to do with at least one of them this weekend =P
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Guide 65, you should try them again.  It is harder when your hair is longer. Plus the clips don't always want to snap in once the hair is on the roller.  I watched a youtube video & it shows how to twist the hair on & also another one where a woman would use long clips to stabilize them better.  I have such frizzy hair & I can get 3 day frizz free hair.  It also makes my hair look shiny.  With longer hair I find I get better results using the jumbo rollers.  I can't get all my hair on the small ones so I get the stringy ends.

Jeep, I know what you are saying about the facial wipes that burn your skin.  So many were like that for me.  Plus my skin would feel sticky afterwards.  Like a film was on it.  I don't use the wipes on my eyes.  I use Studio 35 Beauty make up remover.  My eyelids are sensitive & will peel.  This remover is very good.  I also use Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water all over my face once I am done with cleansing.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gretchen said:
    Josephine said:
    Gretchen said:
    The midterms!
    Same and especially the governors race in Ga. My friend is Abrams stylist too. And with all voting scandal and controversy going on. I wish this was happening when I was still living there. Oprah, Obama and Will Ferell are campaigning there as well. I know Oprah and Ferell have been knocking on doors.
    YES!!!! OMG it makes me so mad. It's so unethical and outrageous and it's hard to believe it's AMERICA!!! How on earth can they guy who runs elections BE IN CHARGE OF HIS OWN RACE???? It's so wrong and makes my blood boil.
    Yes but living in ga my whole life, I'm not surprised. It's never fair down there. I'm still sending my absentee ballot in regardless. Been voting there my whole life and want be a part of history when it happens.
    I have subscribed to 3 makeup/beauty videos.  I guess I am obsessed.  I also watch a lot of David Lopez (Juan) on you tube.  Maybe I should just say I am obsessed with you tube.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Curly_SonyaCurly_Sonya Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Buying lots of recipe books and kitchenware till piles up to my chin :D
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, @Curly_Sonya! I love cookbooks too!  I mostly use curated recipes from an app these days, but I can't part with all my cookbooks! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Curly_SonyaCurly_Sonya Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen said:
    Welcome, @Curly_Sonya! I love cookbooks too!  I mostly use curated recipes from an app these days, but I can't part with all my cookbooks! 
    Apps! Of course! I have completely forgotten about it!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I ordered a Food Saver on Black Friday and I have a feeling it's going to become my new obsession..... 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen, I want one of these and also the Foodie Cooker.  
    From Michael Berg:

oooo.... Foodie Cooker.... don't know that one.... will have to look it up!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • socurlssocurls Posts: 204Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    vintage clothes ! 💃🏻
    I'm in love with that ! I even opened an online store with my little treasures ! 🌟 
    It's my obbesion for 1 year now 😆

I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls
    @socurls do you watch "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"?  You would LOVE the fashions.  It's set in 1959 and the clothes are amazing. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    @socurls I am actually ending a 5+ year vintage clothes obsession.  It's weird and has taken me a while to accept.  But once I realized I was only  wearing the same 10% of my closet and actually liked a non-red lipstick, I had to give in and admit it's time to start replacing my wardrobe!  My poor pocketbook :( 

I second The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!  The clothing is amazing!  And it 's really funny too!  I just finished season 2 this week.
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I am retiring in 17 days and I am gonna be poor so I have been obsessing on stocking up on EVERYTHING while I still have money to spend. So I have stockpiled a ton of stuff. Conditioner and hair products, nail polish, make up, body lotions and potions, vitamins, migraine meds, a few new Tolkien books, new luggage for a few planned trips, new pots and pans, new sheets, new clothes, boots, gym clothes, athletic shoes, purses, scarves, gloves, (most of my clothes and shoes and things are used from consignment shops or ebay so they are only new to me). And weird things like tablets, hair scrunchies, mayo, ketchup, jalapenos, a big box of wildflower seeds, giant bags of Jordan almonds and Atomic Fireballs. I have 2 more weeks to obsess over it but I think I'm pretty much done! : )

--I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    This isn't exactly new for me, but it is sort of an obsession.  I cannot throw away glass containers.  I do at some time when I need to clean & organize my cabinets.  I keep thinking I will fill them up with something homemade.  Right now I have a hot sauce jar, a pickle jar, a small mayo jar & a 100% cream jar.  
    From Michael Berg:

Just thought of another one.  You tubers & Vloggers.  I have subscribed to about 4 or 5.  I also like to watch live births.  I tear up every time.  I have to make sure I have a tissue near me when I watch those.  The home, water births are the best.  The dads are so supportive.  I really tear up when the new dads cry when their babies are born. 
    From Michael Berg:

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Oh god I would rather die than watch a birth. Ick. haha. But I used to be obsessed with watching surgeries and my favorite one was a ceasarean. I didn't realize the mom would be awake! And they just popped that baby right out.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm very jealous that you're retiring jeepy. I have another five years to go, maybe a bit less if I'm lucky. Can. Not. Wait!
    3b in South Australia.
    oh man, I can't handle birthing videos.  I don't want a guy to even hug me for weeks after just hearing one. 

I am obsessed with the TV Show Call the Midwife, though!    Have you heard of it @Lotsawaves?  If not, it takes place in the late 50s/early 60s.  The last couple seasons have actually been dealing with the topic of fathers becoming involved with the birth, as it was an unheard of thing back then.

I have heard of it, but I haven't watched it yet.  Sounds really good.  I agree that dad's need to be involved in the birth.  It helps them bond.  Today they will snip the cord & do skin to skin time.  There was a water birth I watched where the dad got in the pool with his wife.  There was another where the dad pulled the baby up from the water after it was born.  I went thru a lot of tissues with these 2.  
    From Michael Berg:

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I love Call the Midwife, not sure I'd be interested watching actual birth videos!
    3b in South Australia.
    edited December 2018
    oh man, I can't handle birthing videos.  I don't want a guy to even hug me for weeks after just hearing one. 

I am obsessed with the TV Show Call the Midwife, though!    Have you heard of it @Lotsawaves?  If not, it takes place in the late 50s/early 60s.  The last couple seasons have actually been dealing with the topic of fathers becoming involved with the birth, as it was an unheard of thing back then.
    Love this show!   I'm on season 4 or 5 I think. I was sad when ONE OF THE CHARACTERS left, but the other characters have filled in nicely. 

I wonder where they get all those newborns to film with, 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Meat Loaf...I have made 4 in the last 2 weeks.  I didn't like them growing up, but mine are sooooo good.  I have one in the oven right now.  My daughter made it one night when I was there for dinner & I was surprised I liked it.  I felt I could make it better by adding more ingredients.  I was right.  Hers is more plain becuz she is cooking for her kids.  
    From Michael Berg:

What do you put in yours, Lotsa, that may be out of the ordinary?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I'm not sure if it is out of the ordinary.  Just different from my daughter's.  I add some panko & some crushed crackers, s & p, a little bit of tomato paste, garlic & garlic powder, chopped onions & onion powder, chopped green peppers & 2 eggs.  I ice the top with tomato paste instead of ketchup.  Less sugar.  
    From Michael Berg:

Well now I'm dying for meatloaf. 
    Come on over.  Mine is ready.  It is gently raining here & I have a fire going.  I don't have any dogs here, so you can bring Thomas. 
    From Michael Berg:

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file