What is your routine for high density, but fine hair?

Bre02Bre02 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi, this is my first post to Naturally Curly! I'm Bre, and my hair type is 2C, with some 2B in the back lol. I took the quiz, and it seems accurate, I have high density, high porosity, fine hair. And I wouldn't say the entirety of my hair is fine, it's more like it's mostly fine with some medium "peppered" throughout. But every advice I see for my high density hair doesn't work for my fine hair, and every article on fine hair is not enough for my high density! Also if I do find something, it's for 4 type hair :( Would love to hear some of your routines for high density, fine 2b/c hair, if there's anyone out there with that or similar lol! :D

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Welcome to CurlTalk!

I have low density hair, so I'm not sure I can be of much help.  But have you tried following a routine for high porosity fine hair, but just use more product?  You can also try to target the areas for application.  If your roots get weighed down, try applying heavier products just to the ends and up to your ears, keeping it away from the roots.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 209Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My routine and how I apply my products is in a constant state of flux it seems. You can see my products in my signature (I hope). I clarify, followed by a deep condition about once a week, use a sulfate free shampoo once or twice a week. I shower most every morning, and when I'm done, I spray in some leave in, praying hands in curl cream, then scrunch, praying hands in some of my Herbal Essences gel,scrunch, praying hands LA Looks gel, scrunch, then plop for about 15-20 min, then diffuse until about 90% dry. I'm struggling with frizz from the diffusing, but if I don't, my hair isn't dry until mid-afternoon.
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You may want to check out the Smaster's technique

http://rockyncurls.blogspot.com/2016/05/smasters-consistently-awesome-hair.html

I know there are post here in NC about it too.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file