A Woman's Right to Choose is on the line

hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
If tRump gets another Supreme Court Justice confirmed, and it is very likely he will, it is very possible that Roe v. Wade could get overturned.   I am past child bearing age, no risk there for me but I feel this is a major blow to women.    I really, really hate conservatives. And Supreme Court Justices serve for life.   It is absolutely critical that people vote in the upcoming midterm elections.  It's our only hope, and it's a very slim hope at that. It was absolutely critical that people should have voted in the 2012 midterms and these tRump appointees are the result.   If the democrats hadn't lost the majority back then we would not be in the pickle we are in today.  It's so depressing.   Also on the line are gay rights and God knows what else.
3a/medium texture/normal porosity

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I agree completely, @hmkenny. We've entered a very dark period in terms of human rights. 
    Kennedy's retirement is devastating.  

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Since Trump came into office we are going backwards. It really upsets me to think of how hard people have fought for their rights & poof it will be gone.  Trump is separating us.  This was a Hitler move.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My mom was a nurse.  She told me how women ended up in the hospital where she worked from trying to abort by throwing themselves down staircases, using coat hangers, etc.  I'm reminded of an old saying "If men were the ones to get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament." 
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    CP, I remember those days.  Just horrible.  There were also those back alley doctors.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wonder who paid off Justice Kennedy to retire.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My mom was a nurse.  She told me how women ended up in the hospital where she worked from trying to abort by throwing themselves down staircases, using coat hangers, etc.  I'm reminded of an old saying "If men were the ones to get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament." 
    I've been saying for a long time, make it a man's problem and it will go away overnight.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file