Banner at top of page is Much.Too.Large!

SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I know it's all about advertising space and making money for NC.com, but really, that banner ad at the top of the CurlTalk pages is Much. Too.Large for the convenience and functionality of forum readers, in my opinion.  It takes up 1/2 of the vertical space on desktop screen.  If the banner ad has to appear, it should have the ability to be reduced in size or closed.   
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It really is pretty intrusive. I thought it was because I just have a little netbook, so small screen, but maybe not.
    3b in South Australia.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I'll share your thoughts with the team. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The banner is fine if you use a tablet in portrait mode, but for a computer that has a screen that is wider than it is higher, it is hard to use.  About 40% of the screen is the ad & search banner.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It's the creme of nature banner that is obnoxiously large. It takes up half the screen on my laptop. So obnoxious that I unfortunately have difficulty using the site.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,541Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I agree that the banner is large enough that it makes using the site difficult. It takes up about a third of the vertical real estate on my desktop computer screen.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    They're working on another solution. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you, Gretchen!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • JustAnotherRedHerringJustAnotherRedHerring Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    To revive an old thread: I made an account just to leave this feedback. I love NC and I want to support it, but the banner ad at the top makes pages on my PC difficult to read. I'm using adblock and I'd love to whitelist this site, but I'd rather deal with the "turn off adblock, please?" popup than the obtrusive banner ad.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have to agree. The banner isn't intrusive on my laptop, but on my tablet it is so obnoxious. There has to be a balance.
  • DolliepollyDolliepolly Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is still a problem in 2019. Dedicating half of the screen to advertising is too much.
  • RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 182Registered Users Curl Novice
    I thought it was just me. (BTW, attempting to respond to this post because I can't seem to log in to Curl Talk.)
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file