Things That Made You Happy/Smile Today

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Starmie said:
    I love squirrels! It saddens me that Australia doesn't have them, I'm always on the lookout when I go back to the UK.
    No squirrels in Australia!? How interesting!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thank you, Gretchen.  Yes, family can be complicated.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 209Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What made me happy today: my little boy (though at 4’3” and only 8.5, he’s not gonna be little for long) had a good day today. He was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on the 17th and we’ve been in the hospital since. He was happy and giggling at his videos and games and just being himself. 
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

Keeyamah,  (((HUGS))) to you & your precious son.  So glad you had a good day.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hope there are many more good days Keeyamah, that's a big thing to have to deal with. Wishing your little boy well.
    3b in South Australia.
    OH, @Keeyamah! My thoughts are with you and your family! I'm so glad for the happy day and I hope they are many many more.  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    We are going HOME today. 
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

That is wonderful news!
    From Michael Berg:

Incredible news, @Keemayah

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    My relationship with my youngest daughter & my grandchildren is awesome right now.  Yesterday, my granddaughter was showing me her new mani/pedi & new eyeshadow she had on.  She then said that she was so happy that I was so beautiful.  I said thank you & asked her why & she said becuz she looked like me.  What an amazing compliment from a 13 year old.  

From Michael Berg:

So wonderful, @Lotsawaves !

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thank you, Gretchen.  I pray everyday that my older daughter will come around.  My younger daughter is in touch with her.  I'm not pushing anything with her.  She & my granddaughter are both having b'days this month.  I am ignoring both.  I never get a response when I send gifts, plus my older daughter didn't even send me a card or a text on Mother's Day.  
    From Michael Berg:

I hope the older one comes around, too. Sooner or later, she'll realize what she's missing!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Refinding NC after several years and reading some of the stories here.  I needed some positive vibes and this smaller community still has it.  The perspective and the language is just so different here.  Thank you.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
    GuardianB, so nice to see you back here.  It is a lot calmer here, but we are more of a family.
    From Michael Berg:

@GuardianB!  So nice to "see" you!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Went to do my tax yesterday and was met at the door by Willow - a 15 week old retriever puppy. So cute, wish I'd taken a pic to share but I think my accountant might have thought I was a bit odd!
    3b in South Australia.
    I am ecstatic. My son is in remission!!!! We found out at his doctor appointment yesterday. Still have 3+ years of treatment, but this is a good place to be

Keeyamah. that is wonderful news!  :)
    From Michael Berg:

What a relief for you.
    3b in South Australia.
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Keeyamah that makes me smile.  Great news and positive thoughts and wishes on your treatment journey.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
    OH, so happy for you, @Keeyamah!   That is absolutely wonderful news!  Thank you for sharing with us!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Having a massage that, temporarily at least, got rid of my (five months and counting) sciatica. 
    3b in South Australia.
    Glad to hear that. You should have a massage weekly. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    If only. Too expensive, I've decided on monthly visits though. 
    3b in South Australia.
    Have you tried Groupon?
    From Michael Berg:

No, never looked at that for anything tbh.
    3b in South Australia.
    My daughter's b'day is July 7th & I have been searching Groupon for a good place for massages in her area.  I will need to check out the places more, but I have found one for an hour long massage for $29 & another for $39.  That would still be too expensive for me to do weekly, but monthly wouldn't be bad. I don't know what your budget is.  Will your insurance not pay something?  I have a bad back & my insurance will pay for a chiropractor.  Not sure about massages.  Maybe if you found a chiro who also adds massage with the adjustment.  I went to a chiro for my back 3 xs per week & it didn't help.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm fine unless I bend forward.  Even a little bit.  I always dread when I need to clean my place.  I have to keep taking breaks to rest my back.  I will hire a cleaner about every couple of months, but that isn't enough.  I need to clean weekly to keep up with the dust.  
    From Michael Berg:

I don't have private insurance, though they don't pay much of a percentage of the cost for things like massage anyway. It's not too bad, $50 for 45 mins, so it's doable though I think it'd add up pretty quickly if I did it weekly. 
    So chiro didn't help with your back? I've been thinking of trying one as I think I've reached a bit of a plateau with the physio I've been seeing. I spend a fair amount of time on my knees on cleaning day so I don't have to keep bending over! 
    It's such a pain (literally and metaphorically) I have a general ache in my lower back, I think muscular, which hurts if I bend forward, and I also have a bulging disc which causes the sciatica and hurts if I lean backwards. Can't win!
    3b in South Australia.
    I'm considering getting a back brace to wear when I am cleaning.  There is one that advertises on tv that my medicare may cover.
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file