Hair Characteristics

shamarsimmonsshamarsimmons Posts: 45Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
Hello,

So I am new to growing out my hair. I have between 3c or 4a hair. I am not completely sure, so please follow this link https://shamarsimmons.smugmug.com/My-New-Gallery/i-5fT55cH/A  to my pictures for you to look at and let me know what you think of my hair type. Please note that these pictures are of my hair not freshly washed and moisturized. My hair is low density and fine. I look been searching the internet for fine, thin (low density) 3c or 4a hair and I have been unsuccessful. I really would like you guys could post some picts of your fine, low-density 3c or 4a. At this time I am growing out my hair and am interested in trying to figure out how my hair will look as it grows out.

Thanks for the help!
Shamar

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Did we get your questions answered in another thread? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Creole PrincessCreole Princess Posts: 23Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    @Gretchen yes two people answered him in previous threads, maybe he couldn't find those threads. I know it took me awhile to find the threads I originally made when I first signed up.

@shamarsimmons
    You've been told your hair was 4a in your last two threads, and I agree. And in case you couldn't find your other two threads here is what the ladies told you.

Guide 65 said:
    Cute little spirals!  I'd say those are a 4A, but I'm not great with hair typing.

Rimonsiley said:
    Rimonsiley said: It looks like 4A to me. For the growth, vital thing is the right care (limit sulfates, no silicones, lots of moisture, protecting your ends...). You can also try to massage your scalp with oils (coconut, avocado, castor oil... whatever suits you). It's also important to get the right amount of vitamins – f.e. B-complex, zinc, omega 3 (preferably by the right and healthy food, but you can also use some supplements) and drink plenty of water. Best of luck :smile:

My Hair:
    2c/3a || Low Porosity/Average || High Density || Fine/Medium strands || Half Virgin Half Dyed Hair 

Current Products:
    Shea Moisture Strengthen & Restore Shampoo || Shea Moisture Strengthen & Restore Conditioner || Shea Moisture Strengthen & Restore Hair Mask (DC) || Shea Moisture Strengthen & Restore Leave In || Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatment || Grape Seed Oil || Rice Water Rinse || 14 in 1 Moisturizer || Carol Daughter Vanilla Spray || Argan Oil Mouse || Style Factor Edge Boost || Salon Pro Maximum hold Twin Olive || Garnier Fructis Flat Iron Spray

Currently Waist Length 29" || Goal: Classical Length 40"

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,541Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think that in this post the poster is not so much asking for hair typing as asking for pictures. He said he wants to see what his hair might look like as it grows out, but he is having a hard time finding pictures online of low-density, fine 3c/4a hair.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file