What happened when I decided to get healthy...

CurlyArtistCurlyArtist Posts: 22Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
So I didn't start seeing effects until now but my hair is changing drastically. Two months ago I broke my fifth metatarsal in half (one of the foot bones) and wanted to heal it fast due to the nature of my job. So on order of the Dr. I started taking Citrical on top of additional vitamin D, and 80g of protein per day to heal this as fast as possible. I also decided to actually take my vitamin B complex on a regular basis (which I had been slacking on). And I also had to drink a lot of water because of the protein. Two months later, my hair grew an inch and with that changes on my curl pattern and strength. I had 2b/2c curls that had been damaged from dye and bleach, but this new inch is very different. It is actually forcing my damaged hair into craziness where the new ash blonde (natural color) is turning out to be 3a/3b tight almost corkscrews on top and on the nape with 2c/3a in the middle. Sounds great, and will be eventually...but after the line of demarcation (very clear from the dark brown/black dye) my hair is the damaged 2b/2c pattern which is causing a crazy root volume and hair going every which way and short enough for not enough weight to hold it down. I'm excited for the result of growing out but this journey is gonna be a bit rough. 
Even though the bone is healed I'm keeping up the vitamins and slightly lowered the protein because I'm loving these results and hoping it works out. 
BTW my avatar pic of from a month ago....
Shampoo: Renpure Originals Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo
Clarifying Shampoo: EDEN Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
Conditioner: Maui Moisture Coconut Curly Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Moisture Masque
Protein Treatment: Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
Cream: SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Milk
              or Palmers Hair Milk Smoothie Coconut Oil Formula
Oil: Olive Oil
Gel: Schwartzkopf Smooth N' Shine Curl Defining Mousse

Transitioning type 2c/3a naturally ash brown. Transitioning from chemical dye damage.

Comments

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,352Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    That is excellent! I had some unexpected hair growth when I started taking biotin last year. In the past,I had the best hair I ever had when I was taking a high amount of dark leafy greens.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 8
    You broke your fifth metatarsal in half, @CurlyArtist? Ouch! Glad to hear that it is healed.

I understand how you feel when you said....

"Sounds great, and will be eventually...but after the line of demarcation (very clear from the dark brown/black dye) my hair is the damaged 2b/2c pattern which is causing a crazy root volume and hair going every which way and short enough for not enough weight to hold it down. I'm excited for the result of growing out but this journey is gonna be a bit rough."

When I was growing out my hair dye, the same thing you are experiencing now, is what I experienced, too. The journey can be rough for sure, but it is worth it. 

I ended up cutting my hair very short, but so many others continue to grow and just trim the ends routinely until the dye is gone. Either way you end up with natural, healthy curls which is a win-win.

Whatever you decide, enjoy the journey! 

Also, if you would like to join our fun growing challenge, we would love to have you!

https://curltalk.naturallycurly.com/discussion/185812/2018-lets-get-growing#latest

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,507Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry about your broken bone! But yay for healthy hair growth.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • TrixtTrixt Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Will you use healthy hair products since you are staying healthy? There are many companies like Maple Holistics that make healthier shampoo for hair which is great.
  • CurlyArtistCurlyArtist Posts: 22Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    yeah totally, I'm hoping I have better, stronger hair within the next year
    Shampoo: Renpure Originals Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo
    Clarifying Shampoo: EDEN Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
    Conditioner: Maui Moisture Coconut Curly Conditioner
    Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Moisture Masque
    Protein Treatment: Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
    Cream: SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Milk
                  or Palmers Hair Milk Smoothie Coconut Oil Formula
    Oil: Olive Oil
    Gel: Schwartzkopf Smooth N' Shine Curl Defining Mousse

Transitioning type 2c/3a naturally ash brown. Transitioning from chemical dye damage.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file