Love Shea moisture!!!

CurlyArtistCurlyArtist Registered Users Posts: 22 Curl Connoisseur
edited January 2018 in Readers' Product Reviews
So I have been at a loss as to what could protect my hair during work. I work outside and during  the winters its rather rough on hair. Freezing temps, sometimes just above freezing with 95% misty humidity, occasional blast of jet engines and de-ice fluid from the planes. I had been looking trying things for a couple years and I finally went to the curl enhancing smoothie. For my hair in that environment it is amazing. It keeps the propylene glycol out of my hairshaft so my hair is much less dry after work. And it takes better to being washed out. I have a pic of post work....and I did get some de-ice fluid on me this time......less frizz!! It was also 33deg and misty the whole night.
Shampoo: Renpure Originals Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo
Clarifying Shampoo: EDEN Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
Conditioner: Maui Moisture Coconut Curly Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Moisture Masque
Protein Treatment: Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
Cream: SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Milk
              or Palmers Hair Milk Smoothie Coconut Oil Formula
Oil: Olive Oil
Gel: Schwartzkopf Smooth N' Shine Curl Defining Mousse

Transitioning type 2c/3a naturally ash brown. Transitioning from chemical dye damage.

Comments

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Yes! Your hair looks amazing in that shot, especially considering the conditions you work in!
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • ellajellaj Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 826 Curl Virtuoso
    How nice to find a product that works! Your hair looks so good in the photo, in spite of the cold temps and mist.  :)

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• CurlyArtistCurlyArtist Registered Users Posts: 22 Curl Connoisseur
    All thanks to finding the right product in this case
    Shampoo: Renpure Originals Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo
    Clarifying Shampoo: EDEN Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
    Conditioner: Maui Moisture Coconut Curly Conditioner
    Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Moisture Masque
    Protein Treatment: Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
    Cream: SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Milk
                  or Palmers Hair Milk Smoothie Coconut Oil Formula
    Oil: Olive Oil
    Gel: Schwartzkopf Smooth N' Shine Curl Defining Mousse

Transitioning type 2c/3a naturally ash brown. Transitioning from chemical dye damage.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    That's some extreme conditions, but so happy that you've found something that works. Great advertisement for the infamous Curl Enhancing Smoothie!
  • grizelgrizel Registered Users Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    edited January 2018
    I have just started using it too, I got a few samples (shampoo, conditioner, and smoothie) and went WOW this is great, then all of a sudden they had it on sale at my store so now I have a little sample smoothie for my purse when I'm out and about. I also ordered some the hair milk since I had to top an order out at amazon, so looking forward to trying that!

I've been and Aussie girl for over 20 years and while some people might fan themselves at all the no-no's in it, my hair loves the stuff. My deva stylist says I'm really well hydrated. But - it makes it so soft it isn't as defined as I'd like. So I've been kinda toggling them here and there, and finishing with the smoothie, it really good stuff so far.
    3A on a good day, medium length.
    Lives in SW Ohio, 48
    Shampoo: 1-2x a week - Aussie Moist or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine (depending on needs)
    Conditioner: Every shower - Aussie Moist or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine (depending on needs)
    Deep Conditioner: 2x month - Aussie 3-Minute Miracle
    Leave-in Spray: As needed - Aussie Hair Insurance
    Cream: When wet - SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Pearl Clutching Dirty Secret: My hair *likes* silicone.

@grizel: The SM Coconut Hibiscus Style Milk is awesome. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

• StraightPassingStraightPassing Registered Users Posts: 86 Curl Connoisseur
    Thought I'd tag onto this as glad others like SM. I've been thinking about getting something in that range, or more than one thing possibly, and the only things my routine is missing are a good quality masque and some sort of leave in. I have 3a/b medium to high density, medium to coarse (I think) low porosity hair. I was thinking about one of their masques, the bkscb castor oil leave in and the coconut curl milk, do any of those sound like they might be too heavy? :)
    @StraightPassing

Of the products you listed, personally I have only used the SM Coconut Hibiscus Style Milk, and it certainly didn't weigh my 2c fine low porosity hair down. The SM Coconut Hibiscus line contains silk protein which tends to benefit different hair types for different reasons, so it's a good one to try.

• StraightPassingStraightPassing Registered Users Posts: 86 Curl Connoisseur
    Ok thanks. I think if I'm choosing one thing I'll go with that first then. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file