What are some little things you do that others might think odd or weird? : )

2»

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I sleep with socks on. Always. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ellajellaj Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 826 Curl Virtuoso
    Gretchen said:
    I am the exact opposite, cannot sleep with socks on at all, lol. :)

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    ellaj said:
    Gretchen said:
    I am the exact opposite, cannot sleep with socks on at all, lol. :)
    OMG. Hilarious!  My feet are always cold! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    I sleep naked. I haven't worn nightgowns, pajamas, socks, nothing for over 40 years.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I like to polish each of my individual toenails a different color. My fingernails have to match, though.

• BeinDebBeinDeb Registered Users Posts: 583 Curl Connoisseur
    Jeepy, I'm with ya on both maps and rocks! When I travel, I do use Google maps to plot my tracks, but I hate the GPS thingy! If I have a real, live, paper map of the state/area, so much the better!

I have a big basket of Rocks. Some of them I've had for over 20 years...the ones my kids picked up when they were little. Strangely enough, the Grandkids LOVE playing with them. Even though I have toys for them, they always end up in the Rock basket and will play with them the longest. It really annoys my Daughter..."We spend a fortune on toys and all they want is ROCKS?!?!?!" 
  • SpecklaSpeckla Registered Users Posts: 187 Curl Connoisseur
    Everything I do is odd.  ;) I walk, talk, and breathe oddness.

I flip through magazines from the back to the front.
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Registered Users Posts: 590 Curl Connoisseur
    Pick at ingrown hairs 
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    @CatitudeBoo I am a picker in general, always have been. If there's a zit, scab, blackhead, ingrown hair, bug bite, hangnail, whatever - I will pick at it. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I'm a hair twirler, my hands just  won't stay out of my hair, especially if I am sitting still and watching a movie or even having a conversation. I use my right hand, peter pointer finger and twirl a perfect ringlet, over and over again, lol.

• TRBLTRBL Registered Users Posts: 5,294 Curl Connoisseur
    My husband and I shower together, have since we got married. 
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • SpecklaSpeckla Registered Users Posts: 187 Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't taken a shower in over ten years.
    edited February 2018
    I've only taken maybe 10 showers in my whole life.
    Baths, forever and always. And I've always washed my hair in the kitchen sink.
    I hang my clothes according to color. Shirts and blouses together, dresses and skirts together, pants, etc. I am so strange, in a good way, lol!

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
      Ellaj, my closet is the same way.  Plus all my hangers match. Jeep I also only take baths.  I use to wash my hair in the kitchen sink, but now I sit in the tub & turn on the shower to do my hair.  I like to keep the conditioner on for a long time & so it is easier.  Once I put in the conditioner I turn off the shower head & fill my tub with warm water & bathe.  I then turn the shower head back on & rinse my hair.  The conditioner gets in my bath water & moisturizes my body.  

I have been pretty lazy since I've been sick, so to put on my makeup I sit this divided tray that all my makeup is in on my bed.  I use a little hand mirror & apply my makeup.  I also watch tv at the same time.   Usually cooking shows.

From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    I also have matching hangers. Black flocked. My closet is arranged by type of clothing - tank tops, short sleeve, long sleeve, blouses, holiday, slacks, dresses. My coat closet is arranged from lightweight summer jackets to heavy winter coats.
    Jeep, my hangers are black flocked.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    edited February 2018
    What are "black flocked" hangers?

They feel like they are covered in velvet.
    From Michael Berg:

^ And they come in all kinds of beautiful colors but I like the black ones best.
    Me, too Jeep.
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file