We should start a facebook group.

mrzrapp2015mrzrapp2015 Posts: 122Registered Users Curl Neophyte
This site sucks now. LETS exchange Facebook info and start a group soon im sure its going ti be down all togetger

Comments

• machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This site sucks now. LETS exchange Facebook info and start a group soon im sure its going ti be down all togetger

anyone can start a Facebook group it's easy. Then other will have to join. Probably better. Facebook Groups is a run like a well oiled machine.
    Yea we need to share our Facebook info. Just tried to create a Group and you need to add a member or 2 to get started.
  • mrzrapp2015mrzrapp2015 Posts: 122Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My name is lashanda lynette rapp outta phx az

It's starting to work on Tapatalk because I'm getting notifications now. The website seems to be loading better after you post. The issue now is when I try to login too Tapatalk it's saying wrong login.
    Spoke too soon. This site does sux.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Can you please PM me with the name of the FB group?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • curlynccurlync Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Has anyone started a new group, facebook or otherwise? If so, would love to join. I think it's a great idea for us to have a group or someway to stay in touch, so that if CurlTalk does get taken down for good we know where to find each other to start a new forum elsewhere.
    2c/3a
    Porosity: low at roots; normal mid-shaft; high at ends
    Texture: mix of medium & coarse
    Density: medium

Low-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather; CJ Gentle Cleansing
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm; Innersense Color Radiance
    Stylers: MT Curly Custard; CHS Curl Keeper; UFD Curly Magic; Innersense I Create Volume

Occasional use: CJ Repair Me; Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo

CG (or mod CG since I low-poo?) since June 2015
    Do we know if the group will be a private group, or public? Want to join, but whether its public or private will group will determine which FB account I use to join.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
  • AngelaE9999AngelaE9999 Posts: 132Registered Users Curl Novice
    There are already several Facebook groups. One of them kicks people out if they even breathe a word about no poo or shampoo or any of that but this one is really good and has several members from here on it. Feel free to join; we'd love to see you there. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/294586847411062/
  • krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    just joined Facebook recommended by AngelaE9999, looking forward to it because unfortunately I am so frustrated with this site. It was way better in the past!
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
    Me too, I joined that FB group with link above (thank you AngelaE9999).

I don't check FB every day either, and I still would prefer to participate in a group that is not "public". I don't need all of my friends seeing my posts on a hair group -- they think I'm enough of a nut already. :tongue5: I don't see whether it's a closed group for viewing and posting, so I don't know how much I will participate. Not to mention that I'm not strictly CG method with my hair.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Spiralli I feel exactly the same way.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • mrzrapp2015mrzrapp2015 Posts: 122Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are y'all back? Seems they have fixed alot
    I’m trying to be back here as much as possible.  :)  
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't have Facebook, so I never checked out the wavy boards there.

I tried out the Reddit curly hair board but didn't like it. There seem to be a lot of people on there who have amazing hair simply by using "whatever was on sale at the drugstore" and then combing their hair and letting it air dry. I feel like that board attracts a lot of people who just want to post pretty selfies and aren't as interested in sharing information and helping others. 

I also felt like there were some, well, know-it-all types on the Reddit board (sorry for the term; I couldn't think of a better one). Not everyone's hair is the same, and solutions to hair problems are different for everyone. One thing I really like about Curl Talk is that the members generally seem to have a lot of patience and empathy, and when they offer suggestions, they are just that: suggestions.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    @Therese1, I'm on the Reddit curly board too.  There's no where else that makes me feel quite as inadequate as a curly than there!   It seems they all wash their hair with head and shoulders, and then they look like models LOL.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Therese1 said:

Good to know that I am not the only one who doesn't have Facebook, @Therese1. I was beginning to think that I might be the only person alive who doesn't have an account.

Type: 2c
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

Guide 65 said:
    @Therese1, I'm on the Reddit curly board too.  
    I have never heard of Reddit, @Guide 65. Is it a forum like this one?

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    @ellaj, It is a forum, and there are subreddits for just about anything you can think of.  Users can create these subreddits, so there are thousands of them.  They have a system of "up votes" and "down votes", so in theory the most popular posts come up to the top with the "up votes". 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
    Guide 65 said:
    @ellaj, It is a forum, and there are subreddits for just about anything you can think of.  Users can create these subreddits, so there are thousands of them.  They have a system of "up votes" and "down votes", so in theory the most popular posts come up to the top with the "up votes". 
    Thanks, Guide 65! Sounds a little complicated, but I am sure it is easy to navigate the longer you participate. I am finally to the point where I can whiz around here quite easily. One forum is about all I can find time for, this computer and I have become great companions since finding CurlTalk. :)

@Guide 65 I just now realized that you were formerly known as Janiegirl. 

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    ellaj said:
    Therese1 said:

Good to know that I am not the only one who doesn't have Facebook, @Therese1. I was beginning to think that I might be the only person alive who doesn't have an account.
    You're not alone ellaj, I don't do Facebook either. I'd also never heard of reddit until Serena Williams got engaged (her fiance/husband, not sure if she got married yet, was the founder I think).
    3b in South Australia.
    Hi, @Starmie. I don't know why Facebook doesn't interest me, other than I am quite the introvert and am somewhat shy. You wouldn't know it from my chatter here, lol! 

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I agree I couldn't get into the Reddit forum. Reddit in general has gotten much better in recent years, but there is a lot of weird questionable people on reddit. I guess its just something about the impersonalness of Reddit in general that makes it be that way. The curly subreddit wasn't creepy or anything...just impersonal which caused it to be a selfie wall.

I'm also not on Facebook. It bugs me that strangers or people you haven't seen in decades can find you on Facebook. I don't like the idea of the contrived connections on Facebook. On the flip side, people communicate and plan on Facebook which I've found has cause me to be left out, or not know people in my life. I realize it is a communication technology, and I'm thinking about how to include it in my life. Email once had a lot of the concerns that Facebook has (and actually still does) but I don't have a problem communicating by email.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Interesting that there are a lot of people on here who don't do Facebook! 

@bomega, your comment about "weird and questionable" people on Reddit reminds me of another reason I don't like the curly board there: so many users have really offensive user names. Every form of vulgarity you can imagine! Sorry, but if you want my help, you need to respect me, and using a vulgar username isn't respectful. After a while, I just decided I wasn't going to answer posts from people with a vulgar username.

@Guide65, yes, "inadequate" is a good word for how I feel on the Reddit board too.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    ellaj said:
    Hi, @Starmie. I don't know why Facebook doesn't interest me, other than I am quite the introvert and am somewhat shy. You wouldn't know it from my chatter here, lol! 
    I'm very much the introvert too, maybe that has something to do with it. I can't bear the thought of putting myself out there, so to speak. I know there are privacy settings and suchlike but I just don't see the point of it all. 
    My SO has an account but generally just uses it, as bomega said, to organise meeting with people - he cycles and he and his cronies all make arrangements through it. 
    3b in South Australia.
    edited January 2018
    Starmie said:

I'm very much the introvert too, maybe that has something to do with it. I can't bear the thought of putting myself out there, so to speak. I know there are privacy settings and suchlike but I just don't see the point of it all. 
    My SO has an account but generally just uses it, as bomega said, to organise meeting with people - he cycles and he and his cronies all make arrangements through it. 
    I understand this, @Starmie. Being introverted used to bother me, but no more, it is who I am and it will never change. I don't know how many times well-meaning family and friends have suggested that I get out more and socialize. Don't want to, I am happy right here at home. I do the "normal" getting out and about, grocery shopping, appointments, movies, etc. It's just that I tend to avoid large social gatherings, I am one of those people who gets excited over cancelled plans, lol!

Facebook is too social for me.

edited January 2018
    Therese1 said:
    @bomega, your comment about "weird and questionable" people on Reddit reminds me of another reason I don't like the curly board there: so many users have really offensive user names. Every form of vulgarity you can imagine! Sorry, but if you want my help, you need to respect me, and using a vulgar username isn't respectful. After a while, I just decided I wasn't going to answer posts from people with a vulgar username.
    Yeah, vulgarity is part of Reddit's "cultural history". It used to be comparable to 4chan. This is the improved version, where bullying in all its forms, other questionable behavior is actually not tolerated.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

• WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was on a scrapbook site that had wonderful message boards with many sub-categories (2 Peas in a Bucket). When 2Peas shut down, the message boards were started up again using a site called ProBoards. (It's now called 2 Peas Refugees). Maybe ProBoards could be an option.
    Hi @Wiggilyhair : I guess Texture Media finally got the message that they should fix the forum. It still has a lot of bugs, but in a short time, they have also fixed a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file