Am I the only person who really doesn't love to travel?

jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
I traveled a lot when I was younger. I loved it all. Planning, packing, traveling by car or plane or train or ship. A day trip or a 2 week vacation. It was all so fun.
But over the last decade I have lost my love of traveling. I still like the planning and packing part (I'm all about lists and the details of anything), but I really don't like going!! 
I'm supposed to go visit my ex in NC this spring and I'm already stressed just thinking about it. I really truly love where I live, I love my house and my town and my area. I love the woods and lakes and parks and beaches. I don't really have the urge to go elsewhere. 
I do think there are beautiful and wonderful places in the world and I can read books and magazines and read articles and watch videos online and learn about all those places. Without leaving my house. 
But that's probably just me. : ) 
--I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
--My CG and grey hair progress -  
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
--My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Comments

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso

I do think there are beautiful and wonderful places in the world and I can read books and magazines and read articles and watch videos online and learn about all those places. Without leaving my house. 
    But that's probably just me. : ) 
    Nope, it's not just you @jeepcurlygurl. We must be long lost twins separated at birth, or at least "kindred spirits."  ;)

I have travelled plenty and enjoyed every minute of it. Time changes us I believe, and many times for the better. There's no place like home. In all of my travels the best part of each adventure was the return trip when I was unlocking the front door to my own home.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't like traveling anymore. I love getting to the destination and seeing people and doing stuff, but I hate the packing part.  And the time it can take at the airport with delays can really put a damper on things.  I've become a big fan of staycations as long as my DH and DS don't drive me bananas during that time.  :)   I feel like I'm getting to be a bit of a buzzkill as I get older.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 2018
    My itchy feet are still in fine form. I found I did less travelling as my boys got older and started having opinions on whether we should go away or not (generally not, think we did one too many camping trips when they were little, lol!). I miss it, but now they're well and truly old enough to be left home alone I'm hoping we'll start having more trips away, just the two of us again. I have a list a mile long of places I want to go to and feel sad knowing that I'll probably never get to most of them. 
    3b in South Australia.
    I have a bucket list of places that I want to visit, even though most of them will not come to be. I have family spread all over the place, so the time will come when I have to step out of my comfort zone. I almost always end up enjoying myself when I do get away, it's the preparations, packing, etc. that challenge me.

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I guess I will have to do the planning and packing for you guys and you can go off and enjoy yourselves while I enjoy myself at home! : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 186Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited January 2018
    I don't even like to travel from home to the grocery store.  :) I do enjoy looking at pictures of places though.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I guess I will have to do the planning and packing for you guys and you can go off and enjoy yourselves while I enjoy myself at home! : )
    Perfect solution!  I love to travel, so you can come pack and plan for me, jeep, and I'll just sail off on adventure! 
    Going to Eugene, OR, in a couple weeks to tour U of Oregon with DS1. Can't wait! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Speckla said:
    I don't even like to travel from home to the grocery store.  :) I do enjoy looking at pictures of places though.
    This comment made me laugh out loud, @Speckla!

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm the opposite. I would love to go to all these places. But I have anxiety (which is getting worse as I get older) and I dread the planning, packing, dog boarding, mail stopping, getting myself to the plane on time, etc.

I grew up travelling a lot, too. I would love to do more, now esp since my children are older. I don't want to look at pics. I want to go. But it's all too stressful.

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 2018
    I love traveling but for so long I haven't had the money or the energy. I sure would love to get to the point (health and financial) where I can travel.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file