Where'd you get your screen name?

124»

Comments

• UsodaUsoda Posts: 918Registered Users
    Usoda is the Slovene translation of my real name.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    My dad used to tell us bedtime stories when we were small. He usually made up his own, complete with a moral (like Aesop's fables) ;). But one of my favorites was a rendition of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. But the girl was Curlilocks (for me) and the story was a bit different.

I thought you were named for the nursery rhyme:
    Curly locks, curly locks, wilt thou be mine?
    Thou shalt not wash dishes nor yet feed the swine
    But sit upon cushions and sew a fine seam
    And feed upon strawberries, sugar, and cream

I loved that rhyme; the illustration that accompanied it was lovely.

Sounds familiar, that may have been in my nursery rhyme book that Mom read from. Maybe that's why they pulled it into the Three Bears story. :) But it was because of the special story that it stuck. :)

Should I add that rhyme to my sig line? :D Found this in a search; it's fitting! ;) :D

The 'Curly Locks' referred to in this nursery rhyme has no apparent connection with a specific lady in history. The lyrics simply reflect that curls are a symbol of elegance and beauty. This symbolism relating to curls and beauty has been reflected in many works of literature. The message in the lyrics is that a girl with 'Curly Locks' is so desirable that her future will be a comfortable life probably made by a good marriage.

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My dad used to tell us bedtime stories when we were small. He usually made up his own, complete with a moral (like Aesop's fables) ;). But one of my favorites was a rendition of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. But the girl was Curlilocks (for me) and the story was a bit different.

Sounds familiar, that may have been in my nursery rhyme book that Mom read from. Maybe that's why they pulled it into the Three Bears story. :) But it was because of the special story that it stuck. :)

Should I add that rhyme to my sig line? :D Found this in a search; it's fitting! ;) :D

The 'Curly Locks' referred to in this nursery rhyme has no apparent connection with a specific lady in history. The lyrics simply reflect that curls are a symbol of elegance and beauty. This symbolism relating to curls and beauty has been reflected in many works of literature. The message in the lyrics is that a girl with 'Curly Locks' is so desirable that her future will be a comfortable life probably made by a good marriage.

Def. add to siggy! I think there's nothing more elegant than a head of lovely curls ;)
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Def. add to siggy! I think there's nothing more elegant than a head of lovely curls ;)
    Done! Thanks for mentioning the rhyme. It does bring back memories now that I've seen the illustration and all.

So maybe the reason for my name is two-fold. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is a great thread!
    Mine is just the name of our Bichon Frise dog growing up.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte

This is so cool. I'm glad you put that in your sig, CurliLocks, because when I saw the pic and read the verse, it totally gave me chills.

We used to have a nursery rhyme book when I was very young and I bet I hadn't seen that since I was 3 or 4.
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users

:love7:

so sweet!

I love how everyone's name means something!! :)
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • jojobjojob Posts: 127Registered Users
    My name is Joanne B... and I have never been very good at the clever screen name thing.:)

ETA: RedCurl never occurred to me, despite having named my jewelry company that. (I believe it is taken anyway):dontknow:
    http://public.fotki.com/jojo2454/hair/
    http://public.fotki.com/jojo2454/hair-diary/
    PW: redcurl

Shameless self-promotion: I make artisan silver jewelry - check out my website :)
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Thus, it's the first thing that popped into my head when I registered. :D And I won't ever change it.
    I have always been WEC, but had fun being able to change the suffix. Ironically, this one that I'm stuck w/ is one I'll never change, either :)
    I wouldn't change that one either. :)
    Thank you! :)
    btw...great story!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Isn't it obvious?! :toothy7:
    I'm into Wile E a bit...

Are you one of those highly energetic people?
    Sometimes... :toothy7:
    or someone who just never gives up...

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Mine's my name. Super clever, eh? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mine is spirals + first letters of my real name = Spiralli  
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 380Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited January 2018
    Edit
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights