Anyone have good results with Ouidad or Innersense Organics Shampoo/Conditioners?

BDauzBDauz Posts: 28Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hello lovelies!  :) I am on the hunt for good quality shampoo/conditioner combo. I have found a liking to a Curl Junkie Conditioner I bought, but am not having any luck with shampoos. I've tried: Mane Choice, Shea Moisture (various ones), Deva Curl (do not like), Curl Hair Solutions Gentle Cleansing and Curl Junkie's shampoos. Those are the ones I can think off ... anywho ... I have colored hair, low porosity and fine curly hair. I know I like some of Ouidad's styling products, but I haven't tried too much as far as cleansing/conditioning. If anyone has found success or a product they love, I'd love to hear about it! Additionally, I've heard so many good things about Innersense Organics but do not have a salon in the state of Louisiana that carries it. I'd like to hear if someone with similar properties has tried it with success before making a purchase.

Please let me know!

Thanks  ;)
3A/3B, Low Porosity, Fine Hair, Medium Density, Currently: Limp Curls (Hoping to fix that)

Current Products: Nothing I really want to stick to ... using Shea Moisture, it doesn't do much for my hair. OPEN to suggestions :smile:

-- Brooke

Answers

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I am currently having great success with Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. It has been in my cabinet for almost a year now. I bought it, tried it, didn't like the way it made my hair feel at the time. It seemed to coat my hair, which just so happens to be fine and can be weighed down easily with most products. I used it the one time and never tried it again, until last week. What I did was dilute both the shampoo and conditioner. This turned out to be a bit of magic, it left my hair nice to the touch and not at all coated, a great success. I find that it helps to define my curls nicely and they stay put for the entire day. 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I bought Innersense Hydrating conditioner with a promo code recently, from their website.  Got the smallest size bottle of their leave-in to try it.  I haven't used either of these yet, but probably will later this month.  I also bought their hair oil and I really like it for helping my ends clump a bit.  
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 380Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I LOVE the whole Innersense Organics color line, though my hair isn't coloured. This line provides great hydration without the weight for fine hair. The whole line is a HG for me.
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • BDauzBDauz Posts: 28Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @ellaj I’m glad you’ve done if their products! I am looking for salon quality products, but I’m so nervous to pay full price in the event they don’t work. I’ve been doing some more research and have found that some fine curlies have had success with ouidad vital curl line. Have you personally tried any products from that specific line? 

@Spiralli awesome! How did your experiment/trial run go with innersense?! I’m anxious to hear your results!!! 

@Savagegirl I recently purchased the trial size of the shampoo/conditioner of the innersense color line. I can’t tell if I like it. For one thing I don’t think the conditioner did an amazing job at detangling. However, I’m not giving up just yet! Have you been able to try any of their styling products?
    3A/3B, Low Porosity, Fine Hair, Medium Density, Currently: Limp Curls (Hoping to fix that)

Current Products: Nothing I really want to stick to ... using Shea Moisture, it doesn't do much for my hair. OPEN to suggestions :smile:

-- Brooke
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I've never used Ouidad or Innersense Organics. However, I really love the Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair. It just seems to be exactly what my fine, low-porosity hair wants. Some people are turned off by the African Black Soap, but I don't think ABS is the same as regular soap. It seems to be exactly what my hair wants. I used to see this at Whole Foods and other stores like that, but I don't find it there any more, so order it from luckyvitamin.com. It is also available at iherb.com which has a lower free shipping minimum.

What is the Curl Junkie Conditioner you are using?
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 380Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    @bdauz their Quiet Calm Curl Control cream is just about the best thing I've put in my hair. Couples with I Create volume... vavavoom!
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file