Say It. I Dare You.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Ahhhhhhh Rou!!!!!! That's so exciting!!!!!!!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I've no idea who Alex Trebek is but if it made you happy then I'm happy for you! And congrats on getting through.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur

Game show host, Starmie.

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for posting that video, CC. I'd never seen it. I'd heard that player was controversial because of his antics.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for that CC. I couldn't watch it all, he was annoying me too much!
    3b in South Australia.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    Austin was a polarizing player, as was Buzzy, the eventual winner of the Tournament of Champions.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    Okay, I tried to change my profile pic since my alien has gone wonky, but it won't change the photo to my Queen of the Otters!  :s
    My blog:

• deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur

Hey Folks!!   Long time no see!  I don't think I've been on the site for a few years.  The past week I've been getting notifications that people have been posting to the CurlTalk BB (something that has never happened)  maybe it is divine intervention telling me to check in with you lovely ladies and gents!

Update from me.... I currently live in Williamsburg, VA and now have 3 kids (Liam my oldest is 11!!  Colin is 7 and Meghan 3 1/2 )  I'm well and working full time and still rocking the curls!  Just had my hair colored for the first time ever (professionally) that is! 

Hope Everyone is Well!  Maybe I'll check in more often!! 

x0x0x0x0x  Dianna (Deedles)

Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • joeyEmmajoeyEmma Registered Users Posts: 89 Curl Novice
    Another one getting notifications from a long list thread. How do I turn them off? They are driving me nuts. 
    UK curly.

3a-ish, with bits of 3b ringlets underneath and 2b/c waves on canopy. Medium coarse, normal elasticity, normal porosity (now know thanks to Curl Wizard analysis).

No poo- Palmers conditioning cleanser
    DT- Jessicurl WDT or Darcy's Pumpkin
    Styling- John Frieda curl controller gel
    Don’t like- Deva NoPoo, JC CC, JC CQ, KCCC, plopping.
    Loves air drying gentle scrunching with microfibre towels
    Don't like plopping, pixie method diffusing
  • cailincailin Registered Users Posts: 928 Curl Connoisseur
    deedles said:

Hey Folks!!   Long time no see!  I don't think I've been on the site for a few years.  The past week I've been getting notifications that people have been posting to the CurlTalk BB (something that has never happened)  maybe it is divine intervention telling me to check in with you lovely ladies and gents!

Update from me.... I currently live in Williamsburg, VA and now have 3 kids (Liam my oldest is 11!!  Colin is 7 and Meghan 3 1/2 )  I'm well and working full time and still rocking the curls!  Just had my hair colored for the first time ever (professionally) that is! 

Hey deedles! Nice to "see" you back! there's not many of us old timers around anymore and the board is a lot more quiet than it used to be. I can't believe Liam is 11! Time sure does fly. 
    joeyEmma said:
    Another one getting notifications from a long list thread. How do I turn them off? They are driving me nuts. 
    Hi @joeyEmma!  Sorry about the annoying notifications. To change them:

Click on the “gear” icon above the “New Discussion” button. 
    Click on “Edit Profile”
    Click on “Notification preferences”
    You will be able to turn off emails there. 

We’d also love it if you would stick around a bit and help us revitalize CurlTalk!  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

@Deedles!  It's so nice to hear from you!!!! So happy to hear your update. Hope you stick around! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Deedles!!!!!  *hug* *hug* *hug*    :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American curlies!

My blog:

so.... how was everyone's holiday weekend? are y'all still shopping and that's why you're not here?

i hope.....
    My blog:

• KatebrooklynKatebrooklyn Registered Users Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    I wish politicians did not destroy everything. 
    the stupid lips are STILL being stupid! swelling has gone down but now it's blood blisters....

My blog:

@rouquinne , did you see my comment on another thread about Dr. Mercola? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    i looked him up, but there's nothing on his site that would be helpful to me. it's not an allergy and while my blood enzymes are on the low side of normal, they're far enough into the normal range that there's no use trying the treatments, which are pretty extreme.

most people with angioedema get it all over their bodies, mine is just my lips.

i'm now on episode 4 since the beginning of November and it's ridiculously painful this week.

and, in other news.... before winter finally set in here (instead of snowing on Gretchen in Texas!), we had heavy thunderstorms a week ago Monday. and it opened a hole in the ceiling of my kitchen. so i have been working on getting a home equity loan to have a metal roof put on before Christmas!

yowza!

My blog:

rouquinne said:

and, in other news.... before winter finally set in here (instead of snowing on Gretchen in Texas!), we had heavy thunderstorms a week ago Monday. and it opened a hole in the ceiling of my kitchen. so i have been working on getting a home equity loan to have a metal roof put on before Christmas!

yowza!

Oh no!  What a nightmare!  I'm so sorry!  I hope it gets fixed soon! We're having some work done on our house right now too... new tile in the bathroom. It was woefully outdated. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    still jumping through hoops for the bank.... and now we have heavy snow everywhere.....

i'm so worried about it melting....

My blog:

I guess I missed the hoop-jumping for the bank.... what's that about? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Canadian banking regulations are pretty stringent - it's why we didn't have that housing bubble burst like you did. i had to have a title search and an appraisal done on the house, and then, after i started the process of getting them, the bank told me they had to do it and they're going to charge me for it!   :|

now it's a waiting game....

in other news, i wrote a blog about my second Jeopardy audition:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/2017/12/another-day-in-jeopardy.html

:) 
    My blog:

@rouquinne Ugh!  It's always something, isn't it? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Holy Cow! i got everything worked out with the bank and i now have a new credit card with an even lower limit than before (it's insane) and a secured line of credit on the house for home repairs at an even lower rate than that!  :o

the financial advisor suggested i put outstanding credit card debt on the secured line of credit to bring my payments down, and i think i will because it would make a HUGE difference in payments over time. thank ghu for good government jobs!

My blog:

• SpecklaSpeckla Registered Users Posts: 187 Curl Connoisseur
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi, pals !!
    Wondered, is there a term for an apology being demanded, merely for  expressing how an situation made  feel?
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi MorrisonFan91, I'm not sure what you mean.  Is someone demanding an apology from you because you merely expressed how a situation made you feel?  Could you explain a little more?  Wonderful to see you on the boards!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    Speckla said:
    Gorgeous!  Wow!  Love it. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    rouquinne said:
    Holy Cow! i got everything worked out with the bank and i now have a new credit card with an even lower limit than before (it's insane) and a secured line of credit on the house for home repairs at an even lower rate than that!  :o

the financial advisor suggested i put outstanding credit card debt on the secured line of credit to bring my payments down, and i think i will because it would make a HUGE difference in payments over time. thank ghu for good government jobs!

So happy for you. We see a financial advisor once a year or so, and I'm so glad we do. We are not rich, but he helps even regular people like us figure out what's best. He is so smart.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Speckla, that is *beautiful*!!!!!

so, i have survived another holiday with my mother.... i honestly don't think she realizes that i'm now old enough to get senior's discounts at stores and that i have seriously bad arthritis in my hands. all the cooking and cleaning and cleaning and cooking caused my hands to swell to baseball-glove proportions for most of the past 4 days. i'm hurting so badly right now, i hope i can sleep tonight because i'm working all week since Evil & Clueless both got the week off.

My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file