CG method- what to do between co-washes?

FancyKellyFancyKelly Posts: 1Registered Users
Ok, so I'm trying the CG method again. I tried before but I don't think I totally understood what to do. No-poo has worked for me in the past, but I'm a little confused about one part of CG method. It suggests co-washing once a week (which I believe will work well for me) but what do you do between co-washes? Do you keep your hair dry? Do you wet it without any product? Do you condition the ends? Do you apply gel? Help!

Also, I take a shower every night. What should I do overnight to help min my curls?

I have 3A curls, thin (low density), low porosity, medium thickness. My hair tends to fall flat and get weighed down easily.

Thank you!

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't do anything between washing and cowashing. I don't get my hair wet at all. Whether you add products or not will depend on your hair. If you need products, you can use them or it you need water to refresh, you can. There isn't quite a set "do this, not that." I think the official cg method says to spray a conditioner water mix on frizzy curls and do a pin curl.
    To keep curls overnight and fight flatness, pull your hair into a pineapple on top of your head. That should help preserve volume at the roots. Best of luck!
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,983Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    You don't need to wait a full week to co-wash. You can cleanse your hair as often as you like. There's a lot of misinformation floating around (even the articles here). But if you read the Curl Girl Handbook, no where does she say you have to wait a week to wash your hair. I wash my hair almost daily, but most people seem to wash 2-3 times a week. Do what works for you.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file