Help: regarding soy protein

lisar12lisar12 Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
I am hoping someone can help me particularly if their hair likes soy protein. My hair needs a protein treatment and I have tried different protein treatments that have not worked. My hair has responded best to ampro gel with soy protein however they have changed the formula and my hair hates it now. I would like to make a soy protein gel using flaxseed but I have not seen diy's using it so I am hoping for some guidance. I need to know if it is okay to use the recipe used for a gelatin protein gel such as a 1/2 tea spoon added to the flaxseed after it has been strained and any recommendations on which soy protein would be best to use. Any help would be appreciated or if you know of any dangers that I should be aware of please let me know thank you in advance.

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    It needs to be hydrolyzed in order for the protein to have a lasting effect, like a protein treatment. Lotion crafters, ingredients to die for, theherbarie, are all places that sell it I think. I used to add some protein to my gelatin gel; after it cooled down I'd mix it in.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • lisar12lisar12 Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
    naturecat wrote: »
    It needs to be hydrolyzed in order for the protein to have a lasting effect, like a protein treatment. Lotion crafters, ingredients to die for, theherbarie, are all places that sell it I think. I used to add some protein to my gelatin gel; after it cooled down I'd mix it in.

Thank you for the reply. I will look at those places to purchase some hydrolyzed soy protein.Fingers crossed it works out.
  • naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Good luck! Also Garden of Wisdom is another place to buy it.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • lisar12lisar12 Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
    naturecat wrote: »
    Good luck! Also Garden of Wisdom is another place to buy it.

I got it from GOW. The size was perfect just in case it doesn't work out. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • jennilovesjenniloves Registered Users Posts: 12 Curl Neophyte
    very good information. thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file