Cleansing conditioner and build up

fangfang Posts: 17Registered Users
Hi! I would like to get any advice about clarifying shampoo.
My hair is 2A,midium.littli longer than shoulder hair.
I've been CG for about 4month.
My hair getting feel gummy,sticky .:cry:
First I thought over moisturised.or need protein.
However nothing worked with my gummy hair.
So I decided to use SLS contain cleansing shampoo .(ingredients below)
My hair super shiny with out gummy or sticky .
I wonder if my hair don't like CG.

So far I had use
1.devacurl no poo
2.devacurl one condition
3.matrix biolage cleansing conditioner for curly hair
4. matrix biolage cleansing conditioner for midium hair
5 .Shea moisture line ( lot)
6.devacurl delight low poo and conditioner
7.as I am cleansing conditioner

All of above made my hair sticky gummy.:cry:
( My scalp is not get oily.but I can get small gunk like:angry7:)
Most gummy part is ear down.

Please recommend any good shampoo without SLS
Or should I use once a week clarifying shampoo.?

Thank you very much for reading and sorry my English is not good.

Ingredients

Water (Aqua) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Glucoside , Cetearyl Alcohol , Sodium Chloride , Glycol Stearate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Phenoxyethanol , PPG 5 Ceteth 20 , Fragrance , Pentasodium Pentetate , Limonene , Methylparaben , Citric Acid , DMDM Hydantoin , Stearic Acid , Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract , Amino Methyl Propanol , Hexylcinnamal , Linalool , Wheat Amino Acid , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Butylphenyl Methlyproprional , Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract , Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract , Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

Comments

• Andrea.WilsoAndrea.Wilso Posts: 31Registered Users
    Sulfate-free cleansers only work with silicone-free styling products and conditioners.

If any conditioner or styling products you use contain silicones, a cleansing conditioner will NOT break down the silicones and they will build up on your hair.

What other products are you using? Do any of them have an ingredient with the letters "-cone" in them somewhere?
    2c/3a - M - iii - mid-back length - med. porosity - protein sensitive
    Bleached and colored ~2x a year, every year

Routine every 3 days:
    No-Poo for 10 years and counting!: Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado and Quinoa Cowash
    Deep Conditioner: Brieogeo Don't Despair, Repair!
    Styling: 1st - AG Re:Coil, 2nd - Moxie Bling Pomade, 3rd - DevaCurl Ultra Hold Gel
    Air-dry only, pineapple overnight
  • fangfang Posts: 17Registered Users
    Hi! Andrea
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    I haven't use any silicone since start CG.
    I use kinky curly styling.
    Had try all devacurl styling line. But I use the KCSS most time.
    Also I had try lot oil without silicone.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,419Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Pretty much all products, even CG-friendly ones, will build up on the hair eventually. A lot of us on this forum use a sulfate shampoo every now and then to clarify the hair and remove buildup. If you like the products you have been using, I would continue to use them, but do a gentle sulfate-free shampoo every now and then, and do a sulfate shampoo whenever you feel like your hair is just not responding well to products.

Shea butter (in the SheaMoisture products) has a tendency to build up on hair quickly, so you might want to pay extra attention to how those products are working for you. But some people's hair really loves shea butter, so you just need to do what works for you.

As for a sulfate-free shampoo, I use a lot of natural lines that aren't readily available in most places, but I will list them. I currently use the Intelligent Nutrients Harmonizing Shampoo, and I recently tried the John Masters Lavender Rosemary shampoo. I have also used the Weleda Oat Replenishing Shampoo. The John Masters and Weleda both have protein, if that is an issue for you. Others might have suggestions for shampoos that are cheaper and more readily available.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • fangfang Posts: 17Registered Users
    Hi! Therese1
    Thank you so much for your advise.
    I really appreciate your reply.
    Now I feel relieved that I don't have to quit CG method.
    I am going to keep use mild clarifying shampoo when I feel my hair need it.
    Therese1 thank you very much for the list of shampoo.
    I am going to Google the Intelligent Nutrients Harmonizing Shampoo, and check the JM at wholefoods. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file