what are your favorite diy products?

I'm new here and I wanted to start to make my own products. What are your can't live with out recipes?

Comments

• Zoey_SabsxoxZoey_Sabsxox Posts: 80Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well I don't know if this is a diy product... But I guess it works like one :) I have suffered from bad dandruff. Been using head and shoulders for a year or two now and I stopped recently after finding out that it can make dandruff worse. So I decided to create my own natural remedy. I also have dry hair, so I take a good amount of olive oil (enough for my hair and scalp) put it in a plastic bowl and put ONLY 5 drops of tea tree. I put it all over my hair and massage it in my scalp. Then I put a towel on top of my head and sleep on it. The next morning I wash it off with my fav shampoo- and voila! Soft, smooth and minty smelling hair.
  • MariannehMarianneh Posts: 86Registered Users
    I am a DIY freak at heart and make about 90% of the products I use on my hair. My two favorites are my Leave-in Conditioner (remix) and my whipped butter which doubles as a body butter! :)
    It is a never ending exciting adventure!

Stopped using relaxers (Mid 2009) and Hair Dyes (Mid 2011) :wav:
  • MariannehMarianneh Posts: 86Registered Users
    sawah wrote: »

You have a great collection of DIY's Love it! I am a DIY freak at heart so I make about 90% of the products I use and love all things DIY :D and you have gorgeous hair!
    It is a never ending exciting adventure!

Stopped using relaxers (Mid 2009) and Hair Dyes (Mid 2011) :wav:
  • lailankrlailankr Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks for asking. I needed more products to add to my arsenal. I just know how to make flaxseed gel, but now the video up is great and I can start making some more ASAP:toothy10:
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Marianneh wrote: »
    sawah wrote: »

You have a great collection of DIY's Love it! I am a DIY freak at heart so I make about 90% of the products I use and love all things DIY :D and you have gorgeous hair!

awsume! im always looking for new DIY youtubers! :chef: are you still making new vids? i DIY most of my beauty stuff as well so its always nice seeing new ideas n tips. Ill be getting round too watching them :toothy10:

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • fairydreamerfairydreamer Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hi y'all! Being fairly new on here, I am so happy to finally discover so many ways to rescue my curls! thanks :)

As far as DIY products: Face cleanser :Natural, ingredients from my pantry.

Dry skin: Light cream (1/2 tsp) +gram flour (Besan) 1 tsp+ turmeric powder 1/4 tsp. use as face wash at night as a bedtime routine. No soap as turmeric turns soap red!!

Oily Skin: skip the cream. rest is same. can use with aloe gel to get the gooey soapy feel.
    (its important to keep this powder dry in an airtight container for multiple uses)

Hair: Just tried this and it feels awesome! gel from 2 aloe leaves from my plant +distilled water and blend. Add 1 tbsp virgin olive oil and apply as a pre poo. So--soft hair!!

Thanks!
    peace and love
    -P
  • FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 236Registered Users
    My hair ADORES coconut oil! In fact I think it may be my head's favorite food :thumright:

I tried Trader Joe's coconut oil in my hair as a pre-cowash treatment yesterday, and I'm loving how my hair looks and feels today! So soft and silky, and you can really see my 3a/b pattern: varying in size and tightness, from sidewalk-chalk to Sharpie-sized curls all over my head!
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, fine, thick, high porosity, CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; L - Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea or Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing, O - coconut oil, C - Curls Creme Brule cream; FOTE AVG; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)
  • Curlista93Curlista93 Posts: 398Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair ADORES coconut oil! In fact I think it may be my head's favorite food :thumright:

I tried Trader Joe's coconut oil in my hair as a pre-cowash treatment yesterday, and I'm loving how my hair looks and feels today! So soft and silky, and you can really see my 3a/b pattern: varying in size and tightness, from sidewalk-chalk to Sharpie-sized curls all over my head!

You have beautiful curls!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    4a/3c, Low Porosity, Fine Texture
  • sloka25sloka25 Posts: 78Registered Users
    I have very very sensitive skin and break out easily (when I do break out the pimples leave scars that take forever to fade). I swear by this face mask, it keeps my skin hydrated but clear and fades scars:

1 heaped tsp of plain unsweetened yogurt
    1 flat tsp of uncooked oatmeal (crumbled a little more with your fingers)

Mix both ingredients and apply it on your face. Keep it on for 20-30 mins and wash off with warm water.
  • BrigidZBrigidZ Posts: 2Registered Users
    Does anyone have a particular rinse-out conditioner recipe they like to make?
  • BaoneraBaonera Posts: 3Registered Users
    to be honest, I don't like DIY products anymore, however, I have the only one that I can use forever. It's a coffee scrub for the body. You can also use it for your face, but in that case is your skin is NOT sensitive.
    the recipe is simple: ground coffee (for face fine meal would be better ) + fav oil (I use olive) + fav essential oil for more scent (optional)
    also, you can add some sea salt, sugar, vitamins (a or e), even cream. it's up to you ;)
    "Give a girl an education and introduce her properly into the world, and ten to one but she has the means of settling well, without further expense to anybody." ― Jane Austen
    If you feel you haven’t inspiration for writing the college paper, don’t hesitate to visit my website and get your work before the deadline!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file