Wedding - shoe help

MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
I'm getting married in a little under 3 weeks and I don't have shoes yet! My daughter is walking me down the aisle and is wearing a blue dress. My fiance got a blue striped tie, and I was contemplating wearing blue shoes and, in fact, did buy them, but they're extremely difficult to walk in!

So, I'm not sure if I should go with blue or with a nude pump, shine or no shine. Links please :)

This is my dress
9ec8c670-83f7-48e9-8128-5a7119768c6b.jpg

7531cff6-4a42-4653-8458-c20d3f418115.jpg

The dress that my daughter is wearing is a bold blue (like the pump) I returned: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=106094518

Comments

• PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! You must be so excited. I hope your wedding plans are going smoothly. If I were wearing that pretty dress, I think I'd probably go for white bridal heels.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm a little stressed lately with the details! :)

I bought ivory shoes originally, but they looked so matronly with the dress that I returned them immediately.

I just bought a pair of nude pumps, so I'll see how those look. If not, I'll head to a store and start trying them on - I'm an online shopper! LOL
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,813Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I can't see the pics of the dress but congrats! Wishing you guys the best ;-)

• PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's a shame. Ivory sounded good in theory, but I guess you never know for sure until you put them on. In that case, I think I would go for nude.

I can empathise with your stress. I'm getting married in about 3 months' time and it feels like problems are cropping up with everything. And why is it that people are incapable of making up their minds whether or not they are coming to the wedding?
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,813Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I see the dress now. Pretty! What about a gold/metallic strappy sandal?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,171Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Can you buy a different pair of blue shoes that are more comfortable? I like the idea of a colored shoe - more modern and less matronly.

If you go for a nude shoe, can you make it a very modern style? Would a metallic sandal work - gold or silver?

The dress is gorgeous and fits you beautifully,

Have a wonderful wedding!!!

ETA: missed Spider's suggestion but second it.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    Since I have hyperhydrosis, I can't wear strappy sandals - I'd slip right out of them, especially in June! I bought a pair of nude pumps - I have the same exact ones in black patent and they're super comfortable, so I hope they work. If not, they're backup and I'm going to DSW to take a look at more nude shoes this weekend.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    ah, too bad. I liked the idea of strappy.

I say nude, metallic or blue
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Personally, I love the last shoe in the bright blue :D

I'm wearing an aqua colored shoe in my wedding - converse to be exact. So maybe I'm not the best person to give advice. lol
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    I love the blue, but it's hard to match the color and find something non-platform. They're all the wrong shade or they're made for someone who feels like tripping and falling...

Oh, the best part is that we're getting married on the sand next to a lake...I'm going to see if I can find a runner or something to walk on!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file