Who should be the next James Bond?

claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Idris Elba?
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Idris Elba?

If he doesn't want that job, he could accept the job of being my husband.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, ho ho ho, Ms. PerriP: Get in line.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Definitely......IMHO, we haven't had a good 007 since Sean Connery. This man would be wonderful for the part. We can only hope.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I voted "who cares" as I'm really not interested in James Bond but Mr Elba might just sway me towards watching.
    Or Richard Armitage.
    3b in South Australia.
    I would like to see Tom Hardy as a villain.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,715Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Ohhhh, Idris Elba and Tom Hardy??!! That would be fantastic!!!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    They were in "Rock n Rolla" together.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love Bond. I grew up watching all the movies, over and over, but agree there has not been a sensational Bond since Sean Connery. That is why I say Fassbender is made for role. Watching him play younger Magneto in the latest X-Men... He screamed Connery as Bond and I am not alone in that thought. His directors and co workers thought so too. Don't know if he would be interested or not. Idris and Henry Cavill are two good possibilities.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noodly wrote: »
    Wow henry cavill is so handsome. Wow. He officially is the hottest man for me now. Yes he should be James Bond. You have good taste fifi.

Thank you. I think more of Tudors Henry than Superman Henry when it comes to Bond. Suave, a player, etc. I think he has been considered in the past but it didn't work out. He is interested, so is Idris. My first choice... Might be too much of a tie down as far as projects go. Idk.

Hugh Jackman has been considered in the past and as much as I love him, I can't see it.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    I miss Roger Moore. He was my ultimate favorite. Pierce Brosnan comes in second. After that, I am not sure.
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wonder if there will ever be a nonwhite James Bond. I actually can't believe Daniel Craig was given the role in the last few films. I do find him sexy but he isn't very handsome. He's actually kind of ugly. I always thought James Bond is supposed to be visually stunning and suave so men want to be him and women want to be with him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    The franchise needs rejuvenation, imo, and Idris Elba's the guy to do it.
    Also I second Michael Fassbender as James Bond.

I do think James Bond is supposed to be British or at least have one on screen. Lol. Some traditions should remain.

I don't watch James Bond because I always found it sort of sexist but maybe those are just the ones pre-90s? However I do agree James Bond needs a breath of fresh air. Daniel Craig kind of killed it. Visually he wasn't the right guy for the role though i've heard his portrayal is more like the original character in the book.

I wonder if there will ever be a nonwhite James Bond. I actually can't believe Daniel Craig was given the role in the last few films. I do find him sexy but he isn't very handsome. He's actually kind of ugly. I always thought James Bond is supposed to be visually stunning and suave so men want to be him and women want to be with him.

I am sure there will be. I am of the camp that wants to keep him European, as in Scottish, British, Irish, German... Accent. As long as bond has an accent, I am happy. I felt the same way about Daniel Craig. He is okay but just doesn't do it for me the way Bond should. It's not always about the looks for me. It's... That something, something ;) You know what I mean. I think Fassbender would breathe new life into it, whike blowing in your ear.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I do think James Bond is supposed to be British or at least have one on screen. Lol. Some traditions should remain.

I don't watch James Bond because I always found it sort of sexist but maybe those are just the ones pre-90s? However I do agree James Bond needs a breath of fresh air. Daniel Craig kind of killed it. Visually he wasn't the right guy for the role though i've heard his portrayal is more like the original character in the book.

He has an inexpressive quality to me, as in a flat affect.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,715Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Every time there is a new Bond I think "Oh yuk, I don't think I will like him as Bond" but I end up liking all of them in different ways. Some are super sexy (Moore), some have that wonderful accent (Connery, Brosnan), some have a fantastic face (Craig), some are forgettable but still likeable (Dalton, etc).

Whether Bond is black, white, etc doesn't matter to me as long as he has some sort of accent. I don't think I would care for an American James Bond. It would seem so dull to me.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I thought Roger Moore was a little too pretty to be James Bond. Lol. But I only saw a snippet of the film Jane Seymour and he eere in.

I saw Moonraker a million times. Who knows why?
  • MeghuneyTXMeghuneyTX Posts: 11Registered Users
    Idris Elba completely has that "not trying too hard, but I'm sexy and dangerous" swagger needed to play a good James Blond. And LORD, he is FANTASTIC to look at!
    I'm going to tease you because you accidentally wrote "James Blond."
  • MeghuneyTXMeghuneyTX Posts: 11Registered Users
    lmao! I cant believe I did that.
  • eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Never really been that fussed on James Bond, but I will usually end up watching them as they come out at some point or another. However the only ones I've seen are the ones with Daniel Craig, and I vaguely remember people made a bit of a fuss about him being blonde. So I have no idea what the idea of a black James Bond must be doing to such people. As for me, I don't mind, JB has so many iterations and interpretations that I'm not sure the character can really be pigeon-holed into certain specific requirements that are different to everyone. One way or another someone will be complaining.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • djonae18djonae18 Posts: 43Registered Users
    I think Sean Connery & Pierce Brosnan were the best. Daniel Craig threw me off a little but he did good. I think Idris would be a great candidate. He'll give it a different look & if he can keep the same feel he'll do great. If they dont go for Idris, Michael Fassbender would be perfect for that role.

Sent from my LG-D959 using CurlTalk App
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    noodly wrote: »
    James Bond should always be anglo saxon. Because he is anglo saxon :/. And he should have black hair. If you're blonde, dye your hair because James Bond's hair is dark. Yes talking about you mr Craig.

And James Bond is already ruined thanks to Daniel Craig so even a woman can portray James Bond now so I dont care.

Edit: Looking at Idris' photos again, he is fit for a role like James Bond. But thing is, JB is anglo saxon. If a white person would play Nelson Mandela, that would be weird too. Idris Elba was awesome as Mandela btw, so he fits a hero role.

Things are going silent for Wentworth Miller and I think Wentworth Miller would make a huge comeback if he was playing James Bond. He is something fresh and different. I know he is mixed, but he passes as anglo saxon. As long if you look like a dark haired anglo saxon you can be James Bond.

Edit2: ok Idris is a good candidate for James Bond. I think I was suffering from that "hatin' cuz I'm not used to you" syndrome. I got over it quickly though, because I kinda like his personality. Yep. Daniel Craig still sucks as James Bond tho. Hope Idris fixes James Bond. But by the time Daniel Craig stops Idris is old :/ ugh...

Please tell me that you are joking! Do you realize that James Bond is a fictional charater while Nelson Mandela was an actual person. Being thet Bond was fictional, why does he have to be white?
    Yeah, not really one you can compare. Bond is an odd one anyway, like Batman. So many different people have played the, granted very loved, fictional character that it's hard to get attached beyond story alone. Sure, he's traditionally been white but it's one of those roles that's open to wiggle room. More so than Batman because he is Bruce Wayne. You know his back story. Bond is an agent. You just know his mission/job.

Gawd. Don't say female Bond. lol. I do think all the going to back to old movies and re doing them to make things more equal for any number of reasons is absolutely ridiculous and annoying. I don't get it. I don't need female Ghostbusters or ... Write some new material and move forward.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I do agree, no female Bond. Otherwise, you would need Bond Men
    Now I'll be dreaming up names for Bond Men all day. Peter A'Plenty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I could live with a female Bond.
    That is what the 2 movies (La Femme) Nikita & Point of No Return are for, along with the 2 television series La Femme Nikita and Nikita. She's been a stellar female operative since her French introduction in 1990. 'A Woman Named Nikita' pretty much sets that role up for life. :)

But Bond Men would be hysterical.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file